If these are Josh Allen's Stats through 4 seasons, does he get a 5th year?

Motorin'

If these are Josh Allen's Stats through 4 seasons, does he get a 5th year?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. If there are Josh Allen's Stats through 4 seasons, does he get a 5th year?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, I'd cut him after Year 3
    • No, I'd cut him after Year 2

27 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Way to many hypothetical posts on this board lol We will have an answer at that time. I also read in another post it

was time to fire MCD..

Isn't that what fans discussing teams always is?  What if they did this?  What if they signed that guy?  Mystifies me why some have issues with that

18 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills will have to decide on his 5th year option after year 3. Anyway, the TD to INT ratio doesn’t look good , and the completion % is too low as well. They’d probably be looking for some competition at the very least. 

...and when do we get to decide on the prolific OC Daboll?......

11 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Isn't that what fans discussing teams always is?  What if they did this?  What if they signed that guy?  Mystifies me why some have issues with that

I don't have an issue with discussing  signing guys etc I find  that is a reasonable topic to discuss now at this time --trades etc, making the team better . That’s relevant. I  just don’t t see the point of this particular topic when it's so far down the road. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

Just now, Real McCoy said:

You don't want 2 SB wins?

Here is where this discussion turns stupid. First of all, you can't guarantee Allen would win us 2 SBs despite being a horrible turnover machine. Second, back in 2007 QBs were still getting massive rookie contracts so the incentive to stick with a guy you just paid $60mil to was greater than it is today. 

Bad QBs have won SBs before. It doesn't mean I should want to put up with a bad QB simply because some other bad QB won it all a decade ago.

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

All I know is the gunslinger is being coached out of him and I hate it.  Let him sling it.  The inability to strike fast sucks.  It's admirable to have such long drives, but it is hard to rely on those.  Need more chunk plays and deep shots

Gunslinger,  He cah SLING it, just can't HIT very much!  

He's not the guy.

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

All I know is the gunslinger is being coached out of him and I hate it.  Let him sling it.  The inability to strike fast sucks.  It's admirable to have such long drives, but it is hard to rely on those.  Need more chunk plays and deep shots

I dont think the gunslinger is being coahed out of him. I think most dc's are allowing him those small percentage deep shots. I dont think Allen is accurate enough to hit them consistently.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Here is where this discussion turns stupid. First of all, you can't guarantee Allen would win us 2 SBs despite being a horrible turnover machine. Second, back in 2007 QBs were still getting massive rookie contracts so the incentive to stick with a guy you just paid $60mil to was greater than it is today. 

Bad QBs have won SBs before. It doesn't mean I should want to put up with a bad QB simply because some other bad QB won it all a decade ago.

No, the whole discussion is stupid, but that's just me.  Guy has barely played a season.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Eli was a good Quarterback who was also a bad Quarterback. If you said a guy was gonna have a middling career but get hot twice would you take it? Sure. You might as well take Flacco while you are at it. That should not be the standard we hold Josh to.

The middle of year two (actually the beginning of year two based upon # of starts) is NOT the time to guess what we’d do under some hypothetical numbers conjured up for the end of year 4, IMO. I just hope we continue to see progress, and that it’s adequate to know he’s “the guy”. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Eli was a good Quarterback who was also a bad Quarterback. If you said a guy was gonna have a middling career but get hot twice would you take it? Sure. You might as well take Flacco while you are at it. That should not be the standard we hold Josh to.

Flacco went the playoffs and won a sb in his first 5 years. He just hasnt had a very productive career since.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I hate these comparisons so much. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I hate these comparisons so much. 

4 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Flacco went the playoffs and won a sb in his first 5 years. He just hasnt had a very productive career since.

That is kind of my point. If the question is just would you take a QB who wins a SB then of course you would. Eli and Flacco at their peak were both top 10 guys though I would argue spent more of their career outside the top 10 than in it. If that is Josh's career at the end of course it is a success. But if you end up with a non top 10 guy and you are just hoping each one is the year where you strike lightening in a bottle and it all comes together then that is not a very good strategy.