Glazer: Bills are still in market for a WR

YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Just curious why people think Tampa will trade him?  He’s under contract for the next 4 seasons and if Tampa decides to move on from Winston they will want a good group of WRs for their next QB.  They won’t trade Evans imo. 

It doesn’t sound like they will, but you’ve got to get that QB first...  lots of competition this year for those top picks.   Evans and Howard are the only guys they have to get them some ammo. 

What is the overall attitude of the team if Buffalo doesnt make a move?  There are good players availabe and better players have already been traded.  I think Buffalo is still sitting pretty for the wildcard.  At Wr I'm confused why Foster and McKenzie are not used more.  They were very good down the stretch.  Adding Brown and Beasley shouldn't kick them off the field. McKenzie and Beasely in the slot and Foster and Brown outside.  It's not great but one of them beats man.

42 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

What is the overall attitude of the team if Buffalo doesnt make a move?  There are good players availabe and better players have already been traded.  I think Buffalo is still sitting pretty for the wildcard.  At Wr I'm confused why Foster and McKenzie are not used more.  They were very good down the stretch.  Adding Brown and Beasley shouldn't kick them off the field. McKenzie and Beasely in the slot and Foster and Brown outside.  It's not great but one of them beats man.

Problem is that Robert Foster is the invisible man this year. His next catch will be his first of the season. I think we need to stop holding out hope for the guy, which makes our WR need even more glaring.

• Like (+1) 1

I would not give up valuable draft picks for an oft injured wide receiver.  I mean why?  We have a QB that could be standing on the beach and couldn’t throw a bomb into the ocean.  He’d overthrow the ocean!! 

16 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I would not give up valuable draft picks for an oft injured wide receiver.  I mean why?  We have a QB that could be standing on the beach and couldn’t throw a bomb into the ocean.  He’d overthrow the ocean!! 

Agreed, which is exactly why the should bet the farm on Mike Evans. Durable, 6'5" with a near-40" vertical. Let him bail out Josh on a regular basis. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Problem is that Robert Foster is the invisible man this year. His next catch will be his first of the season. I think we need to stop holding out hope for the guy, which makes our WR need even more glaring.

Fosters route running needs work IMO.

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Just curious why people think Tampa will trade him?  He’s under contract for the next 4 seasons and if Tampa decides to move on from Winston they will want a good group of WRs for their next QB.  They won’t trade Evans imo. 

I doubt they do trade him, and it’s hard to see it being a good deal if they do, but if they’re already thinking about getting a top QB this year they’re gonna need ammo to get em. Evans is their most leveragable piece. If you can get two firsts for him, which seems possible, it might be worth it.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Incarcerated Bob tweeted Mike Evans with an ear emoji 

?

Could see them spinning off Bob Foster in a trade as a throw in 

Bob Foster’s only value would be for a six pack of Foster’s......

The Mike Evans idea is a really interesting one. Seems unrealistic, but I could see our team going all in on him. McDermott and company saw him a lot in the NFC south and he's a big target and a go to guy. But like I said, it seems like a bit of a pipe dream. But he's still very young and fits into teh window of contention they are trying to build to. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Do you think they even consider selling for a second and maybe a player? Or will it take a first?

They may consider it. But I don’t think they are giving up on the season yet and he’s their biggest weapon so I doubt it. Offseason, could be a different story. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Not saying I necessarily disagree, but the flip side of that coin says that’s the ideal time to maximize value in a trade.

The only guy I can see Arians moving is Howard because he completely devalues a TE in his system. If they can get a 1st and an additional pick for him then he's gone. Arians loves his WR's though. 

• Like (+1) 1