Glazer: Bills are still in market for a WR

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I know. Now opposing teams will attempt to exploit the exposed weakness. The rest of the season is going to be interesting.

They’ve all been attempting to exploit the weakness. Last year’s D wasn’t all that different.While their record might not show it, the  Eagles are a pretty talented team less than two years removed from a Super Bowl win over the Pats*. Most of the Bills opponents this season haven’t been as good. As the players themselves stated, sometimes it’s not just Xs and Os, but Willies and Joes.

9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

My current take- Allen wont succeed under Daboll and his terrible play calling. 

Right now, that’s a tough one to disagree with. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Tcali said:

i disagree  that wr is the problem. getting new WRs will not change JA into a franchise QB. Franchise QBs would do just fine with the set of receivers we have right now. Of course any QB would improve with better WRs....The problem with JA is his inability to make smart decisions for a whole football game. He has flashes. An interception here and there is something that happens to every QB----But the good ones have a steady hand  at guiding the team for most of the football  game.

If better WRs help improve Josh now wouldn’t it be better over the long haul? Wouldn’t it make ***** easier for him while he is learning how to play in this league?  If he struggles making decisions over a full game wouldn’t having a legit #1 who was more consistent at getting separation and who was better at going up and getting contested balls in tight coverage be an asset to him while he tries to reach his full potential?

Kid is what 17 or 18 games into his career, expecting him to be a finished product at this point is ridiculous. Finding ways to help him out to get there is not a bad idea. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

They’ve all been attempting to exploit the weakness. Last year’s D wasn’t all that different.While their record might now show it, the  Eagles are a pretty talented team less than two years removed from a Super Bowl win over the Pats*. Most of the Bills opponents this season haven’t been as good. As the players themselves stated, sometimes it’s not just Xs and Os, but Willies and Joes.

Yes...Philadelphia is just a few years removed from the SB, and much of that team is still intact. I look for them to turn things around. I was worried about the game and I guess rightfully so. I am anxious to see what McDermott and Beane do about this defense. Changes have to be made and several more talented players are required.

Offensive weapons are for sure a need, but not 2nd and 3rd tier options and beyond that, this team is not prepared to make any significant run in the playoffs.  They need another offseason and they certainly can’t afford to skimp on defense as we saw them exposed by a decent offense this week.  Don’t get me wrong, the defense is pretty good, but nowhere near a dominant unit that can control games against a good offense - that much was evident based on what the Eagles and a bad Miami offense did to them - rush defense in particular, but the pass rush is nothing special, either.

I would only advocate a trade at this point if it was to add a player who can be a contributor for 3+ years.  Any trade of assets for a “rental” is a waste of assets as this team is a couple years away from serious contention.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Probably. They’re not great against the run, and lack an elite pass rusher. 

But, they are really good against offenses like the Jets, Giants, Bengals and a little bit the Dolphins.  I’m thinking that Washington runs for 150 yards on them if they are smart.

12 minutes ago, BananaB said:

If better WRs help improve Josh now wouldn’t it be better over the long haul? Wouldn’t it make ***** easier for him while he is learning how to play in this league?  If he struggles making decisions over a full game wouldn’t having a legit #1 who was more consistent at getting separation and who was better at going up and getting contested balls in tight coverage be an asset to him while he tries to reach his full potential?

Kid is what 17 or 18 games into his career, expecting him to be a finished product at this point is ridiculous. Finding ways to help him out to get there is not a bad idea. 

I disagree. Great WRs bailing him out while he continues his bad habits will not help him and may be counterproductive

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They’ve all been attempting to exploit the weakness. Last year’s D wasn’t all that different.While their record might not show it, the  Eagles are a pretty talented team less than two years removed from a Super Bowl win over the Pats*. Most of the Bills opponents this season haven’t been as good. 

The Eagles are an extremely well coached team that faced the same kind of sluggish start LAST SEASON. Doug Pederson may very well be the best coach in football. Fan's took this team far too lightly.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

The Eagles are an extremely well coached team that faced the same kind of sluggish start LAST SEASON. Doug Pederson may very well be the best coach in football. Fan's took this team far too lightly.

Good post. I got caught up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I sure didn't.   Two years away from the SB?  Records mean nothing,  particularly early in the season.   I was afraid of this game.  I just was surprised at how they dominated. 

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

But, they are really good against offenses like the Jets, Giants, Bengals and a little bit the Dolphins.  I’m thinking that Washington runs for 150 yards on them if they are smart.

They may be smart, but just not very good. The Redskins offense is ranked 30th, ahead of only those Jets and Dolphins. They’re only 24th in rushing yards. They are not as talented top to bottom as the Eagles, but you might be on to something with the running game. They’ll either be starting Case Keenum or Haskins at QB. Running the ball starts to look pretty good when those are your options. 

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

I sure didn't.   Two years away from the SB?  Records mean nothing,  particularly early in the season.   I was afraid of this game.  I just was surprised at how they dominated. 

True. There's no shame in losing to the Eagles, but the WAY in which we lost was demoralizing. Meh. Game is gone. Gotta beat the Skins and then we have another game AT Cleveland that is not going to be the cakewalk we'd like it to. We've got some issues and they're unpredictable. That's gonna be a biggie.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Frez said:

To bad we missed on Sanders and Sanu. 

Bills were reportedly interested in Sanders, not in Sanu. Definitely two different types of players, so perhaps that’s why. Pats were trying to trade for Sanu since the offseason , but finally caved on the price.