Redskins Just made OT Trent Williams Available [Edit: now NFI]

28 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I dont know who's worse, James Dolan or Dan Snyder.

Awful owners that have driven storied franchises into the ground.  No easy feat.

The fact that teams in Washington and NYC are a joke is amazing.  The Pegulas have made their share of mistakes but they are truly good people who want to give Buffalo a winner. We are very lucky to have them.

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t like the precedent that he, Ramsey, and AJ are setting.  

This is only going to get worse 

Why? Why should players get treated like garbage, get cut when they get hurt with non guaranteed contracts? Why can’t they maximize their value like every person should do when they have leverage?

i never get why fans are against players in a sport like football.  And only a few players have the leverage to do this. Trent Murphy can’t do that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pay him if the price is at all reasonable. We just made the 3rd best C from the AFCW the highest paid C in the league. PFF had it right. He's the 13th best C in the NFL. Bring him in and let a doctor examine him. If he checks out OK, great. At age 31, he should be good for a few more years.

I remember the last time we got cheap with a franchise LT. That didn't go very well.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why? Why should players get treated like garbage, get cut when they get hurt with non guaranteed contracts? Why can’t they maximize their value like every person should do when they have leverage?

i never get why fans are against players in a sport like football.  And only a few players have the leverage to do this. Trent Murphy can’t do that.

The players sign the contract.  They negotiate their own guaranteed money.  Cousins deal was completely guaranteed.  

If they get hurt, they have injury settlement options.  

There’s plenty of companies who hire you and give you a non-compete clause. Getting fired is part of life.  Plus, cutting a player isn’t free for the owners.  

Guaranteed contracts cripple some of these baseball teams, even if the player injured themselves or just starts playing like crap.  They need some form on out clauses.  

On the other side, the players run the league in the NBA.  

There needs to be a healthy medium between the two.  But I also agree that the players and owners should be protected. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The fact that teams in Washington and NYC are a joke is amazing.  The Pegulas have made their share of mistakes but they are truly good people who want to give Buffalo a winner. We are very lucky to have them.

Well said!

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it comes down to team power ties back to  franchises better controlling the product. 

most fans don’t actually care about right vs wrong but if they are stuck watching a bad team because of an ill advised contract 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is going to be a messy situation.  

Im sure Washington has its side but this is more horrible Pr for them. Especially if there is any truth them misdiagnosing a potential cancer growth.  That franchise sucks under that nerd owner.  Shame because it was an elite one.

As bad as it looks for the Redskins, I'm not sure they had much of a choice in the matter.  Not sure what the CBA says about the Reserve/NFI list specifically, but teams are constrained by it, and the salary cap, and the needs of fielding a football team (even if only a vague approximation of a competitive team).  

Unless they wanted to tie up an active roster spot with a player who wasn't playing this season, they probably had very limited options.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Unless they wanted to tie up an active roster spot with a player who wasn't playing this season, they probably had very limited options.  

Why didn't they trade him before the deadline?  Whatever the offers were earlier in the year have now dropped significantly.

The franchise is probably the worst in the NFL currently.

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I dont know who's worse, James Dolan or Dan Snyder.

Awful owners that have driven storied franchises into the ground.  No easy feat.

Dolan. Piece of crap. I actually gave up being a Knicks fan years ago after growing up as a fan.

37 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, that he says they misdiagnosed. This will get ugly.

Doctors misdiagnose all the time.  Medicine is more of an art than science.  For some issues you pay a doctor enough and he will give you whatever diagnose you want; my wife deals with it all year with a member of her staff who is constantly out on medical leave but she knows the worker is working a second job without benefits.

If he gets released, im not opposed to the Bills kicking the tires on him. I dont believe i have ever seen anything about him being a bad teammate or a distraction... if he truly believes the redskins were in the wrong, i cant say i blame him for his handling of the situation.

Bring him in, get the full story, do your own physical, and decide where to go from there. No harm done.