Bills, Lions linked to Melvin Gordon as trade deadline approaches

YoloinOhio

Just now, MAJBobby said:

we do run a lot of Two TE sets. How do we know it isn’t. I mean it isn’t exactly like Lee Smith is any threat

Have you seen a Sweeney/Knox sighting in a game yet? Or Knox/Kroft? Any targets to them. Oh yeah, Kroft WAS wide open for an apparent TD, but Josh didn’t see him

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So we believe that a senior NFL writer for ESPN is just making this up? That’s an odd position to take.

At any rate, it makes sense from where I’m sitting assuming the price is right. He scored 38 TDs between 2016 and the start of this season. He ha averaged 106 scrimmage yards a game in that same span. The Bills lack playmakers. He makes this team better.

it’s not that he’s making it up. He’s Just might be being fed bad info by the Chargers to try to convince teams that there’s interest in Gordon. 

20 minutes ago, JinxedBill said:

I’m in the minority here but I think a back like Gordon is exactly what the offense needs.  A playmaking home run hitter. Gore and Singletary are not that and I like both of them.

In what universe is Gordon a "playmaking home run hitter"?  He's averaging 2.5 ypc and he's only had one season where he averaged better than 3.9 ypc.  He's got to be one of the most overrated players in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

In what universe is Gordon a "playmaking home run hitter"?  He's averaging 2.5 ypc and he's only had one season where he averaged better than 3.9 ypc.  He's got to be one of the most overrated players in the NFL

way to cherry pick. 5.1yds/carry last year when there was no hold out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

He has struggled this year correct but you can’t say he wasn’t the past few years and made a name for himself.  

Oh i def know he isn’t this year.  I’ve waited him out in fantasy all year.  

I could be talked into this.  

A top 10 talent at feature back would help Josh immensely.   

We can then use our other backs as they should be used -  Singletary in the Kamara role and Gore as short yardage/rotational back.  

I wouldn't hate it.  Gore is good for about 7 hard runs.  The rest are meh.  2020 and beyond Gordon and Singletary are a lethal combo.  Having a feature back would help open up the passing attack.  PA shots would be more open as well.