Bills, Lions linked to Melvin Gordon as trade deadline approaches

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

Has anyone seen anything from the local media guys about this stuff? Those guys would have a better line on these types of things but I don't believe any of them have said they've heard anything regarding a trade for Gordon. 

Seems odd to me that they'd cut a high priced RB just to trade for one and then pay him in a similar manner. 

He’s a lot younger. And he’s not going to get the $ he wants, it appears 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chargers are at point of getting something rather than nothing so don’t be surprised if the return is lower than expected 

Yep. Gordon hasn’t been great since he has come back. I would give a fifth this year that could move up to a fourth if he signs an extension in the off season. 

That said, I would hate it if someone makes a similar deal for AJ and the Bills miss out.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'll believe it when I see it. This wouldn't be the first time an agent has randomly linked Buffalo and Detroit to a trade to boost their client's value. There are a lot of proposed trade ideas that make sense but this one doesn't seem to fit.

I don’t think it happens unless it’s a 4th or later plus maybe yeldon 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep we are. Chargers offense got a ***** ton worse when decided to let Gordon take snaps from Eckler 

They need to cut bait w/Ekeler because he's not as strong a runner but a vastly superior receiving back than Gordon and I don't think either of them will get enough touches in that offense to justify having 2 RBs like that on roster...so if that's the case it makes sense they're shopping Gordon...also they have Jackson I think who is a decent option in his own right

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

Has anyone seen anything from the local media guys about this stuff? Those guys would have a better line on these types of things but I don't believe any of them have said they've heard anything regarding a trade for Gordon. 

Seems odd to me that they'd cut a high priced RB just to trade for one and then pay him in a similar manner. 

actually OBD seems locked down from the Local. The two that seemed to have an in with the McD era have been Josina Williams and Benjamin Albright 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

At any rate, it makes sense from where I’m sitting assuming the price is right. He scored 38 TDs between 2016 and the start of this season. He ha averaged 106 scrimmage yards a game in that same span. The Bills lack playmakers. He makes this team better.

I agree he makes the team better, I just don't see where he fits in to our team building strategy. We just used a 3rd on Singletary and Gore is carrying the load just fine. We also don't run the ball that much. I do think he'll get traded for a lower pick than peopl think so if we end up doing it I won't be unhappy. Just doesn't fit together for me.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

They need to cut bait w/Ekeler because he's not as strong a runner but a vastly superior receiving back than Gordon and I don't think either of them will get enough touches in that offense to justify having 2 RBs like that on roster...so if that's the case it makes sense they're shopping Gordon...also they have Jackson I think who is a decent option in his own right

Ekeler is Better and Charger offense is better with him than with Gordon. And the Charger actually are a better offense then ours 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think it happens unless it’s a 4th or later 

Considering I don't think we'll bring in many free agents this offseason, I could see offering a 3rd (guaranteed higher than any comp pick) and gambling on the comp pick we get back if he doesn't sign an extension. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Ekeler is Better and Charger offense is better with him than with Gordon. And the Charger actually are a better offense then ours 

Total offense yes but in terms of rush offense Bills are superior, now how much of that is due to Allen who knows...from watching the Chargers they love Ekeler and there aren't enough touches to go around in that offense to keep him and Gordon both happy. Certainly no enough to justify deals for two RBs I would imagine

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Total offense yes but in terms of rush offense Bills are superior, now how much of that is due to Allen who knows...from watching the Chargers they love Ekeler and there aren't enough touches to go around in that offense to keep him and Gordon both happy. Certainly no enough to justify deals for two RBs I would imagine

well either way my Price is a 5th Max 

If it’s just a mid round pick and a contract, get it done.  The cap space is there. This in no way excludes you from still upgrading the passing game, be it now or this off-season, and you get a playmaker to pair with singletary moving forward. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Considering I don't think we'll bring in many free agents this offseason, I could see offering a 3rd (guaranteed higher than any comp pick) and gambling on the comp pick we get back if he doesn't sign an extension. 

Why aren’t the Bills going to bring in Free Agents in 2020?

Still plenty of holes to fill and they have $80M to spend