Bills, Lions linked to Melvin Gordon as trade deadline approaches

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

If it's not Schefter  I'll move this to unsubstantiated rumors 

So we believe that a senior NFL writer for ESPN is just making this up? That’s an odd position to take.

At any rate, it makes sense from where I’m sitting assuming the price is right. He scored 38 TDs between 2016 and the start of this season. He ha averaged 106 scrimmage yards a game in that same span. The Bills lack playmakers. He makes this team better.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Did they not learn from their first season. 

trade Sammy Watkins in offseason only to send assets to Benjamin. 

now want to go away from a McCoy in offseason to give assets and what a big money Contract to Gordon?

• Like (+1) 2

Don’t get the hype for this guy. Yes, he’s had a few good years of TD production. But...guy has been injured too frequently, and a sub 4.0 YPC rusher every year in the league except last year. Only topped 1K once. It’s not even the pick for me if they can do it for a mid rounder. It’s the contract. I’m not paying this dude what he thinks he’s worth. We just freed ourselves from that nightmare. Why go back? Draft a back with a mid round pick, use him up, let someone else pay them. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Did they not learn from their first season. 

trade Sammy Watkins in offseason only to send assets to Benjamin. 

now want to go away from a McCoy in offseason to give assets and what a big money Contract to Gordon?

He fits the ground/pound game as primary for Gore w/receiving back Singletary a lot better than McCoy did tho

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not unless they don’t sign anyone and he gets a huge deal

He thinks he is going to get paid next year..

The Chargers are in line for a third round comp pick in 2020 so they do play the comp pick game..

Just not a fan of the argument that they are going to trade him for pennies otherwise they get nothing.

Edited by Aussie Joe

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

He thinks he is going to get paid next year..

The Chargers are in line for a third round comp pick in 2020 so they do play the comp pick game..

Just not a fan of the argument that they ate going to trade him for pennies otherwise they get nothing.

It’s not really an argument 

10 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I don’t see the fit here, unless:

1) they feel like severely restricting Gore’s carries (highly unlikely) or

2) they still have very little trust in Singletary and would rather have him watch more, play less (stupid)

Me neither. We barely use the guys we have, number 1, but Gordon fumbled at the 1 foot line in a crucial game. The man can't be trusted. We need to look at picking up a couple of Defensive Tackles! It's obvious that Star L is a bust!!

Has anyone seen anything from the local media guys about this stuff? Those guys would have a better line on these types of things but I don't believe any of them have said they've heard anything regarding a trade for Gordon. 

Seems odd to me that they'd cut a high priced RB just to trade for one and then pay him in a similar manner.