Joe Flacco likely out a “significant amount of time” with neck injury

YoloinOhio

We will almost certainly see Drew Lock at QB by the time the Bills-Broncos game comes along. I thought that even before the Flacco announcement.

Heres the thing: the Broncos haven’t been that bad this year! Unlucky, yes. Poor decision making by Fangio, absolutely. But with Flacco playing it wasn’t a wide gap between the Broncs and the Bills. Flacco actually impressed me by having his skills intact, but lack of offensive weapons and a horrible OL (think Bills first half of 2018) combined with his lack of mobility killed them. I like our chances a whole lot better with Flacco out, although there is a chance that Lock will be the new Minshew or something like that ...

... Fangio is toast. What a pair or awful hires, Fangio and Vance Joseph. If there were someone in charge there (there hasn’t been since Pat Bowlen’s dementia hit) Elway would already be out. 

23 hours ago, the skycap said:

Go get Von Miller while the iron is hot

You know, Von went 2nd overall in the year we took Dareus at 3.

It is interesting to ponder what might have been, if Denver valued those guys slightly differently and took Dareus at 2, which would certainly have been possible.

We in turn may have taken Von Miller at 3, and then all these years we would have enjoyed his talents, instead of spinning wheels with Dareus.

I don't mean this as a critique of that draft; it's all with the benefit if hindsight.

Just kind of fun to think "what might have been" as I personally think Von Miller is a great player and a "difference maker" which most defensive guys are not.

The Broncos have placed Joe Flacco on IR leaving yet another future Bills opponent searching the bench for a starting QB. Add the Broncos to the Redskins and Steelers and the Bills will be facing an even more decidedly weakened and wounded schedule heading into the second half of the season. While I hate to see anyone injured, this has to be the year the Bills finally walk through (not back into) the open door!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SJDK said:

Here is who I think we will lose to: Dallas, New England, Baltimore. We might just go 11-5... and might not make the playoffs.

I don’t like that idea either guys but either Houston or Indie may take a wild card and someone could get hot. For the record, I do think we make the playoffs this year. As far as flacco is concerned, I don’t think Denver wins against us with or without him.

53 minutes ago, SJDK said:

I don’t like that idea either guys but either Houston or Indie may take a wild card and someone could get hot. For the record, I do think we make the playoffs this year. As far as flacco is concerned, I don’t think Denver wins against us with or without him.

I expect the second team in the south to make the playoffs, but if we go 11-5 who's gonna get the other wildcard instead of us?

6 hours ago, SJDK said:

Here is who I think we will lose to: Dallas, New England, Baltimore. We might just go 11-5... and might not make the playoffs.

What two other teams in the AFC are going to finish 11-5 or better? Maybe the Colts/Texans division loser but nobody else

Broncos QB Joe Flacco going on IR with herniated disk in neck

Flacco was given an MRI on Monday and then received multiple evaluations from outside doctors, as well, as the herniated disk was confirmed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27983301/broncos-qb-joe-flacco-going-ir-herniated-disk-neck

In the following video must be a trainer twisting Joe's neck . I would think that could do more damage .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001072003/article/broncos-place-qb-joe-flacco-neck-on-injured-reserve

7 hours ago, SJDK said:

Who exactly is going to go 11-5 and keep us out of the playoffs? ?

The problem I see is that I don't think the Bills are mature enough to win four in a row. They'll get complacent and lose to one of these teams.

Broncos quarterback Drew Lock has recovered from a thumb injury but he’s still on injured reserve. Denver is expected to have him return to practice after their Week 10 bye.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/02/denver-broncos-to-work-on-mental-prep-after-returning-to-practice/

Denver here wk 12  Nov 24

Bills @ Dallas wk 13  Nov 28  thursday , Thanksgiving

Edited by ALF