Let Josh be Josh?

oldmanfan

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Did I touch a nerve or something?

There's no "gotcha" here. 

Yes, the comment was about the fans being able to admit something about the QB. Is there some arena of life where we admit things that aren't accepted as true? Because otherwise the implication is pretty clear that what we're being asked to admit is true.

Was that too deep? Too offensive? I assume not. Either way I'll move on at this point.

Seemed like you were looking for an argument that wasn’t there. Why else would you put words in my mouth? Regardless, this (whatever it is)has run its course. 

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The Eagles actually do it a ton w/Goedert and Ertz...the difference being you can't just shove 8 in the box on defense because they're both terrific pass catchers as well as blockers. When the Bills run 2 TE sets they aren't nearly as multiple as Eagles are just owing to personnel.

Yeah I won't argue with this but Wentz has showed the ability this year to go deep, over the top deep and hit his WR.  Allen hasn't this year.  He did it last year...he needs to find it again.  We are a bad passing team...again.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The link isn't working and I'm sure this doesn't take context into consideration.

If it's 3rd and 17 and we are in a 3 WR set and the RB runs a 10 yarder...is this considered a "success"?

I don't know about Sharpe football, but for Football Outsiders (for example), Success Rate takes into account down and distance 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Still not working.

So again, a 3rd and 17 and we get 10 yards on a run...is that considered a "success"?

We can't run out of 3 WR sets most of the game.  We need to be able to be multiple.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I don't know about Sharpe football, but for Football Outsiders (for example), Success Rate takes into account down and distance 

This argument is just going down a rabbit hole....

What are your thoughts on Allen's deep ball accuracy?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Still not working.

So again, a 3rd and 17 and we get 10 yards on a run...is that considered a "success"?

We can't run out of 3 WR sets most of the game.  We need to be able to be multiple.

I am trying to find a place that tracks it real time.  I know last year his deep ball accuracy was 40%

keep the link.  it will work seems the site is down right now

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Still not working.

Looks like he's trying way too hard to put air under the ball and needs to just let it rip.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah I won't argue with this but Wentz has showed the ability this year to go deep, over the top deep and hit his WR.  Allen hasn't this year.  He did it last year...he needs to find it again.  We are a bad passing team...again.

The Bills are a bad passing team because their quarterback isn't a very good passer. He's still 28th in QB Rating. 

He's a decent field general, but in no way is Josh Allen someone you want dropping back 40+ times a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Bills are a bad passing team because their quarterback isn't a very good passer. He's still 28th in QB Rating. 

He's a decent field general, but in no way is Josh Allen someone you want dropping back 40+ times a game. 

I'm not giving up on him but at the same time, I think it's safe to say that he isn't where we need or want him to be at this point.

2 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

I see a young quarterback that isn’t 100% in trusting his reads and is hesitant at times for fear of the turnover

he is still young and learning some patience and growing pains w a young quarterback that in today’s nfl seem to be non existent anymore

he won't be learning much longer taking a dozen needless shots a game when he takes off before letting the play develop

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I must have missed the joke.

Jackson has 11 passing TD on the year. 5 of those came in Miami, meaning he's averaging less than a td passing per game, since.

Your entire post was the joke, Wayne.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not giving up on him but at the same time, I think it's safe to say that he isn't where we need or want him to be at this point.

Agreed.

Josh isn't terrible, and he's probably a guy who can win 7-9 games each year because he seems to do well late in games and can do enough to beat bad teams, but there's nothing so far that suggests he's ever going to exist in the upper echelon of NFL QBs. There are still way too many simple mistakes. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

Josh isn't terrible, and he's probably a guy who can win 7-9 games each year because he seems to do well late in games and can do enough to beat bad teams, but there's nothing so far that suggests he's ever going to exist in the upper echelon of NFL QBs. There are still way too many simple mistakes. 

I hate that you're right about this.  I'm not sold on any of the QBs of that class either.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He is Being Coached into a Game Manager.  Who would have thought that would happen from an Ultra Conservative Defensive minded HC.

You traded up to 7th overall to get him, to what coach into him to be a Game Manager?

This is my pet peeve too. WTF are they doing to him. Timid legs, thinking too much, conservative shots.  I want some run and gun. The kid has skills which shouldn't be put into a box.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

We drafted and traded up for him to not be a bottom 1/3 NFL passing team.  And that's where we are at.

I won't mind the turnovers if he does more good/positive plays.

He's compared to Farve a lot because of "gunslinger".  Yeah Farve made a lot of dumb decisions and threw a lot of INT's but you can live with that if they also make a lot of positive plays.  Right now there isn't enough good from Josh to overcome the bad.