A concerning stat...Turnovers or Penalty every 9 plays

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

The amazing thing about that stat is Buffalo is the only one with a winning record. It says to me they have been lucky in that they have been playing the NFLs bottom feeders

or that they are good because they somehow can overcome this. And that they can be really good if they clean it up

• Like (+1) 4

This is a really good stat and highlights the major reason for our offensive woes. This probably averages out to a penalty or turnover every other drive. The penalties are absolutely horrendous and the Allen fumbles are way too frequent. Josh has been taking a lot of blindside hits.

• Like (+1) 2

Yes very frustrating because they show they can be a good offensively 

we have had some very nice long drives for tds.  The 98 yard drive vs the phone is one example.  But too many times they have key personal or holding penalties that really is hard for a young offense that is still trying to gel offensively.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

McDermott needs to up the discipline on these penalties.

Personally I like Lee Smith's game.  I think he is a great blocking TE that catching pretty much all of the limited passes thrown his way.

All that being said he is the most penalized player on the team and he takes less than 50% of the offensive snaps.

I wouldn't mind if McDermott sat him for the 1st quarter of a game and make an example out of him.

He is a well paid vet and should be outperforming the rookies when it comes to discipline.

• Like (+1) 1

A telling stat: negative plays (or game events)  generally produce negative results, immediately (losing games) and over the long haul (losing records). Thus, the Bills are the anomaly here.

Which in a reverse and wired way, should give us hope. Both of these issues are immediately fixable.

Change these and change the results, of games and of a season. 

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

or that they are good because they somehow can overcome this. And that they can be really good if they clean it up

Don't you go spreading any positive outlook about this team. 

Check the threads, it's only suppose to be bad thoughts this week. 

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

A telling stat: negative plays (or game events)  generally produce negative results, immediately (losing games) and over the long haul (losing records). Thus, the Bills are the anomaly here.

Which is a reverse wired way, should give us hope. Both of these issues are immediately fixable.

Change these and change the results, of games and of a season. 

I’m not sure that they are immediately fixable. The boneheaded penalties can be fixed, but the others often result from physical mismatches or technique issues that need prolonged attention to resolve (poor kickstep).