My big 3 factors that alter the game´s outcome:

Antonio

1.       The weather: It played big time against the Bills yesterday. The eagles were struggling all year long in their secondary, specially outside, but with strong wind they were able to play the run better as they were not afraid to get beat by long passes. It was like having an extra defender out there.

We all saw what happened with the long ball, the wind stopped that pass just before anyone (defenders included) could make a play for the ball. I actually thought it was a well thrown ball, you could see in Fosters eyes that he was sprinting to get there, and then somehow it was short.

2.       Size does matter: I think opposite OC are noticing that we are a little small up the middle, so they are running thru expecting to move our DTs and LBs out of their gaps. And the last two games we were not able to stop them.

In out DTs we have speed and I think they are very good creating pressure so QB´s have a hard time stepping up the pocket, but they are not very good in the running game. I think that is teams are patient enough, they will eventually run over our D.

3.       Game plan: I put this L in the coaches. I did not like the game plan at all. They thought, and I did too, that with all those backups in the middle of the eagles’ defense we were going to be able to stablish a strong running game. But we were far too predictable. And then we totally abandoned the game plan.

I feel like our game plan should´ve been exactly what the eagles did. Lots of screens, misdirection, jet sweeps and then take advantage of the match ups outside.

• Like (+1) 3

1.  Bills fans whining about the "poor Bills" in mean weather cuts no mustard.

2. They have always grown them bigger on the NFC D and their O-lines for my 50 years of watching.  The AFC has been more of a finesse conference.

3.  Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Antonio said:

1.       The weather: It played big time against the Bills yesterday. The eagles were struggling all year long in their secondary, specially outside, but with strong wind they were able to play the run better as they were not afraid to get beat by long passes. It was like having an extra defender out there.

We all saw what happened with the long ball, the wind stopped that pass just before anyone (defenders included) could make a play for the ball. I actually thought it was a well thrown ball, you could see in Fosters eyes that he was sprinting to get there, and then somehow it was short.

2.       Size does matter: I think opposite OC are noticing that we are a little small up the middle, so they are running thru expecting to move our DTs and LBs out of their gaps. And the last two games we were not able to stop them.

In out DTs we have speed and I think they are very good creating pressure so QB´s have a hard time stepping up the pocket, but they are not very good in the running game. I think that is teams are patient enough, they will eventually run over our D.

3.       Game plan: I put this L in the coaches. I did not like the game plan at all. They thought, and I did too, that with all those backups in the middle of the eagles’ defense we were going to be able to stablish a strong running game. But we were far too predictable. And then we totally abandoned the game plan.

I feel like our game plan should´ve been exactly what the eagles did. Lots of screens, misdirection, jet sweeps and then take advantage of the match ups outside.

But we have the 10M DT Star Space Eater Lotulelei 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Jauronimo said:

With Star, Jordan Phillips, and Oliver in the middle I don't think we are small.  Maybe a bit small at LB but we have issues if Star and Jordan are getting pushed out of the way.

Well they are playing small, or light... I don´t know. I feel like they are more of a penetrating type of DTs, not space eaters. And McD wants to play gap control defense. Yesterday we lost because we were not able to control the gaps.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Antonio said:

Well they are playing small, or light... I don´t know. I feel like they are more of a penetrating type of DTs, not space eaters. And McD wants to play gap control defense. Yesterday we lost because we were not able to control the gaps.

Like the 10M DT being put on skates?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

1.  Bills fans whining about the "poor Bills" in mean weather cuts no mustard.

2. They have always grown them bigger on the NFC D and their O-lines for my 50 years of watching.  The AFC has been more of a finesse conference.

3.  Fair enough.

Not whining, just ponting out what I think played a big factor in our lost. 
We were not able to exploit the eagles must obvious weakness.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Woah-

Howard took Hyde and Milano out of that play? 

tre got sucked out of the play. 

Every Bill lost to their blocker. 

This play represents the whole game pretty well. 

Yeah I say Milano get blown up live and thought wow that OG just took out Milano, but then realized it was howard that got Milano Sitting flat footed and not attacking the Blockr instead decided to catch the blocker.

• Like (+1) 1

I have one big factor, Brian Daboll.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/17/brian-daboll-to-coordinate-dolphins-offense/

Daboll was well regarded from his time in New England and then under Eric Mangini with the Jets and Browns.  Still, his Cleveland teams were among the league’s worst in yards and points in both of his seasons there.

Do we not see the pattern here?

17 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Not whining, just ponting out what I think played a big factor in our lost. 
We were not able to exploit the eagles must obvious weakness.

the Eagles had sunshine and favorable wind the whole game?

that's so unfair.

2 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

To point #2...

Miami exposed us, the eagles disposed us.

Scared to think what the Ravens are going to do to us. ?

Exactly what I was thinking. 

We need to play better Offense and take the lead in games so teams strart playing to our advantages. 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

the Eagles had sunshine and favorable wind the whole game?

that's so unfair.

They didn´t, they ran the ball and must of their passing yards were screens. 

My point was that with the weather conditions we were not able to exploit the eagles defense weaknesses (DBs).

28 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I say Milano get blown up live and thought wow that OG just took out Milano, but then realized it was howard that got Milano Sitting flat footed and not attacking the Blockr instead decided to catch the blocker.

I assumed the same the way Milano got jacked up. 

Always considered Howard to be a stud in Chi. Not surprised, but not good that not one Bills defender needed to be DTd. 

I guess they also knew which gap Michah would take basically removing himself from the play. 

Might have been worst worst defensive play of the season