Parking

diver

7 minutes ago, diver said:

What is the best Bills lot to park for easy in and OUT?

It depends on where you live/what direction you would like to leave.  

I usually leave when the game's result is pretty much a done deal.  Yesterday when it was 27-13 and the Eagles got to the 5.  I hustle out.  Brisk walk to the car and am able to leave unmolested

Obviously it depends on which way you're coming from. I always come into Orchard Park on 20A West. With that said, I normally park on the corner of 20A and California Rd. It's only $10 to park there but it's about a mile walk to the stadium. It's easy to get out of there after the game if you take a left onto California Rd instead of getting back on 20A. Then it's a right onto Ellis Rd. Take that to the end and right onto Taylor Rd. Left at the fork on Taylor and continue on New Taylor Rd until the end. It comes out on North Buffalo Street/rte. 240. Take a right and take that a couple blocks until you come back to 20A. Left onto 20A. I go that way and bypass a lot of traffic

Edited by holla83

If you're heading East after the game, It's a walk (ever since the fence went up to block people from crossing the creek due to that drowning after a Thursday {or was it Monday?} nite game several years ago) but if you park on California, go to Ellis, then to Taylor to the end, (which at some point may change to New Taylor) right on to Buffalo/240, left on to 20A East, left on route 77 N, 77N to the Thruway. I used to go this way, waited until the end of the game then left with no traffic issues.  Need to deal with a few 35 and 45 MPH zones but traffic breaks up once you get on to 20A, not really much before that either. As mentioned the walk is considerably longer since you can no longer cross the creek. If that's too much zig zagging, any lot on 20A will do, will need to deal with traffic until it breaks up at the corner of 20A and Buffalo/240.

15 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Go to Hammers lot across abbot from the stadium. Have to get there early (we got there a little after 7). We stayed until 6. No backup there or home. 

I park across the street from Hammer's. Unless you leave early (in which case why did you bother coming?) you really need to stay until 6 to avoid traffic.

Edited by Steve O

I was blocked in by two of the tbd members cooking for everyone.  Was glad to stay and had Mead’s famous Stromboli, chili and some wings they even offered mea breakfast Bloody Mary!

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Steve O said:

If you're heading East after the game, It's a walk (ever since the fence went up to block people from crossing the creek due to that drowning after a Thursday {or was it Monday?} nite game several years ago) but if you park on California, go to Ellis, then to Taylor to the end, (which at some point may change to New Taylor) right on to Buffalo/240, left on to 20A East, left on route 77 N, 77N to the Thruway. I used to go this way, waited until the end of the game then left with no traffic issues.  Need to deal with a few 35 and 45 MPH zones but traffic breaks up once you get on to 20A, not really much before that either. As mentioned the walk is considerably longer since you can no longer cross the creek. If that's too much zig zagging, any lot on 20A will do, will need to deal with traffic until it breaks up at the corner of 20A and Buffalo/240.

Looks like we have a similar idea. I just continue on 20A all the way to Mt. Morris. I live in Elmira. 

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Go to Hammers lot across abbot from the stadium. Have to get there early (we got there a little after 7). We stayed until 6. No backup there or home. 

The Hammer Lot is the best for tailgating, I'm there every week. But I've never heard anybody say its the best lot for getting Easy in and out. Its honestly probably the worst, since its not meant to be. Its for people making it an all day festival.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, holla83 said:

Looks like we have a similar idea. I just continue on 20A all the way to Mt. Morris. I live in Elmira. 

Yes I noticed that. I'm in Rochester. Must be we were both writing directions at the same time.

Edited by Steve O

• 2 weeks later...

I always park at one of the houses on Big Tree (after you get off the 219, about a half mile west of it), near Queens Pl.  Bit of a hike to the stadium - about 15 minutes if you walk at a normal pace - but only about 3-5 minutes to get onto the 219 once you get back to your car after the game.

On 10/30/2019 at 8:55 AM, diver said:

Coming from NT and heading back to NT

Berts Bikes on Southwestern. Right onto Southwestern, right onto Brampton, right onto McKinley, left onto Milestrip to rt 5. Quick as a bunny.

Someone said they go through Southwestern from Berts and take that to Big Tree, right on Big Tree and take that to RT 5, which sounds faster that what i described above, but i have never taken that route right after the game so cant personally vouch  for it..although does sound better than my route

• SDS locked this topic