What’s up with the RB rotation?

BananaB

Seems almost every week we start with Gore and then come out in the second half featuring anther RB. Mostly Singletary but when he was out it was Yeldon. If these guys give us the best chance to win as the game is closing, don’t they give us the best chance to win from the start. Gore is running hard but nobody is game planning for him. 

Agreed.  Do we have a feature back?  I guess not.  I love watching Gore run, not sure why we don't keep pounding him?  Singletary has looked good at moments but isn't getting the 'dirty' yards.   I guess add RB to the list of needs for the offseason.  It's a good thing we have some cap space!

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Agreed.  Do we have a feature back?  I guess not.  I love watching Gore run, not sure why we don't keep pounding him?  Singletary has looked good at moments but isn't getting the 'dirty' yards.   I guess add RB to the list of needs for the offseason.  It's a good thing we have some cap space!

Singletary hasn’t been giving much of a chance to get the dirty yards. 3 carries yesterday. To top it off everybody and their dog knows Gore is only running straight forward. 

Edited by BananaB

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

...Josh Allen??..........

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills are back to playing their 1970s offense (in the run game) load up the Box and Run into it, just with the 75 year old Gore.

It's just a grind to watch.  Everyone in the stadium knows exactly what the bills are going to do on every single play, and everybody knows they don't have the personnel to force the issue.  I had a bad feeling on the Bills first drive of the game.  Off tackle run for 2.  Off tackle run for 2.  Short pass attempt, punt. 

Just now, dorquemada said:

It's just a grind to watch.  Everyone in the stadium knows exactly what the bills are going to do on every single play, and everybody knows they don't have the personnel to force the issue.  I had a bad feeling on the Bills first drive of the game.  Off tackle run for 2.  Off tackle run for 2.  Short pass attempt, punt. 

What is Interesting is this Offense has gone very safe in the two weeks post bye.  Hmmm could it be Ultra Conservative HC has something to do with that.  Yay Josh hasnt thrown any picks last two weeks but the Offense also has looked very conservative and blah the last two weeks.  Hmmm is Allen being coached into becoming Tyrod?

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Brings back memories of the Marrone / Hackett offense.

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills are back to playing their 1970s offense (in the run game) load up the Box and Run into it, just with the 75 year old Gore.

I don’t know that I agree with that entirely. Our running backs are only averaging 17 carries a game. 
Agree with being predictable but I don’t think we are running the ball nearly  enough with Gore and Singletary. 

Edited by wvbillsfan

Just now, wvbillsfan said:

I don’t know that I agree with that entirely. Our running backs are only averaging 17 carries a game. 
Agree with being predictable but I don’t think we are running the call heart enough with Gore and Singletary. 

Gore faces 8+ man box 40% of the time. Why?  Because the Bills bring in all the TEs and telegraph their Runs.  1970s style.  You can and teams do run successfully all the time from spread formations.

The run game is hard to watch.

It feel just so poorly set up just as the OP says.  Why not switch gore and motor up in the same drive, start with motor and switch to gore. Keep the D guessing.

What every they are doing is not working and needs to be mixed up.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Gore faces 8+ man box 40% of the time. Why?  Because the Bills bring in all the TEs and telegraph their Runs.  1970s style.  You can and teams do run successfully all the time from spread formations.

I think we should run an all TE offense, and to be extra clever let Kroft take a snap with Allen lined up at TE5.  Very clearly compacted offenses with tons of TEs is the O of the future

Just now, Nester said:

The run game is hard to watch.

It feel just so poorly set up just as the OP says.  Why not switch gore and motor up in the same drive, start with motor and switch to gore. Keep the D guessing.

What every they are doing is not working and needs to be mixed up.

or maybe, and bear with me on this, put both guys in and maybe run a screen or pass to a RB in the flat.  I realize it's a radical departure from our current approach, but now that the forward pass is a legal play, it really opens up the possibilities

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

rinse and repeat since 1999.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

rinse and repeat since 1999.

Indeed.  Its just so frustrating.  Will the Buffalo Bills ever field a competent, modern offense again?  We really haven't had once since the first 8 games of Bledsoe's first season with us