If I had a million dollars,
I'd be rich.

There is no "we" in the  Buffalo Bills

What if the Bills drafted Brady

What if the Bills drafted Mahomes

What if the Bills drafted JJ Watt

What if the Bills traded for Peyton Manning instead of him going to Denver

What if , What if , What if 

He's very good, but we would never know what would have happened .

I thought about this yesterday as well. Schwartz did a great job vs the strengths of our offense. I also remember the deep affection Schwartz D unit had for him, especially carrying him on their shoulders after defeating the Lions.  I would have gladly taken him as HC or retained him as DC under a head coach like Reich. Instead we got the Rex disaster which was a complete waste of time for the franchise.

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Like (+1) 1

The better question is what would have happened if Rex just was a HC and let Schwartz run his defense. Rex was fine with the players and game management.  He brought in Greg Roman who was doing great with the offense. Rex and his antiquated defense scheme just destroyed the team. Rex with Roman and Schwartz was a playoff team. 

I enjoy revisionist history debates - it makes for interesting fiction.

I think Mario Williams would be finishing up a Hall of Fame career today;

Marcel Dareus would have been an all-pro every year Schwartz was in Buffalo;

It's likely Schwartz hires Scott Linehan to run the offense in 2015 and they still draft Darby in the second round and they likely sign the mobile Tyrod Taylor too.  

Linehan has decent success in the first year of his Buffalo tenure.  He makes a controversial decision to put Sammy Watkins in the slot where he, Taylor and McCoy thrive in the play action system Linehan has historically favored.    Not a lot of deep balls but a lot of dink and dunk with a potent defense.  Watkins routinely has 100 yard games but the lack of WR and TE threats lets defenses isolate Watkins as the season progresses.  

I think the Bills make the playoffs in 2015, likely the wild card game that McDermott delivers several years later.    The 2015 team under Ryan was more talented than its 8-8 record.