Does McD survive this year?

MAJBobby

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Some do. Some don't. Some have franchise QBs right from the start, some have a roster in salary cap hell. Sweeping generalizations are part of the reason people don't understand/can't emotionally handle a loss.  

They put themselves in hell with their cuts. We aren't the first team to be up against the cap. I also don't think we have a franchise QB now. I just don't see it the same way as others and that's fair. 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Four to be exact.  Ravens, San Diego, Green Bay, and the Colts.

It is improvement, but the manner of the blowout is still very concerning because it says that with all the resources devoted to D, we still have the same vulnerability.

I am not trying to defend a poor output in ALL 3 phases.

10 minutes remained in the 4th and a 10 point deficit. 

I have seen many teams over come 10 in 10.    So yes, while the Final score sucked.. the game was a bit closer than the final tally.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

6 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Still doesn't remove the fact that those hires are a reflection on the HC.  If he had to hire a 3rd OC in 4 seasons and a 2nd DC over that time, something's wrong more than just the coordinators.

And if the OC is fired, how many quality candidates will sign up for going to Buffalo?  I'm guessing not many.

This is true but in the end something has to be done. 

You don't stick with something just to stick with something even though it is wrong/bad, that's being ignorant and should get you a pink slip.

37 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Let me start off by saying not a chicken little thread and I know that we are 5-2 and still have a favorable schedule to get to the playoffs. But that also goes to what I am about to say. 

Let’s say the Bills do not right the ship. If this season goes like seasons in the past of collapsing down the stretch after a 5-1 now 5-2 start does McD survive?  

With all the talk of the DNA and Standards and Process you you think McD survives a Bills collapse?  

BTW add another Blowout loss to the McD resume. 

I can't laugh hard enough at this nonsense. You're killin me here!

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

You're better than this, @MAJBobby.

what it is a legitimate question. Two weeks back to back this “vaunted” defense has been exposed. McD and Co have spent the most assets on this defense. 

His teams tend to get blown out when they lose. And the Bills have a history of Collapsing. 

so it was a simple question. Did I call for his job?  I even caveated the thread to begin. But it is a legitimate question is it not?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

They put themselves in hell with their cuts. We aren't the first team to be up against the cap. I also don't think we have a franchise QB now. I just don't see it the same way as others and that's fair. 

They screwed up the RB position. McCoy should of stayed imo and Singletary needs more touches. Yesterday they scratch Yeldon and bring up Senorise but only use him on special teams- which that unit stunk too.

2 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

I can't laugh hard enough at this nonsense. You're killin me here!

so show me in Bills history where they have not collapsed and try to tell me a story that McD coaches teams do get blown out a lot. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yes- but Daboll doesn’t 

ok how many more Ocs does McD get to pick?  And you are going to try and tell me McD doesn’t have a say in the Offensive Game plans?

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Four to be exact.  Ravens, San Diego, Green Bay, and the Colts.

It is improvement, but the manner of the blowout is still very concerning because it says that with all the resources devoted to D, we still have the same vulnerability.

Draft small DTs, bring in slow DTs Get gashed.

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

They screwed up the RB position. McCoy should of stayed imo and Singletary needs more touches. Yesterday they scratch Yeldon and bring up Senorise but only use him on special teams- which that unit stunk too.

The lack of Singletary is mind boggling. They run Allen like Tebow instead. Also, where is Sweeney? Why is Lee still given the opportunity to turn out penalties? 

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Let me start off by saying not a chicken little thread and I know that we are 5-2 and still have a favorable schedule to get to the playoffs. But that also goes to what I am about to say. 

Let’s say the Bills do not right the ship. If this season goes like seasons in the past of collapsing down the stretch after a 5-1 now 5-2 start does McD survive?  

With all the talk of the DNA and Standards and Process you you think McD survives a Bills collapse?  

BTW add another Blowout loss to the McD resume. 

Blowouts are your specialty. He is more likely to survive then you.

28 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Are you saying Allen isnt smart enough to run this offense because the Pats have been dominating with this offense for almost 2 decades

Ummm...Brady wasn't smart enough to run this offense in 2003.  Your defense and spying carried you through.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

so show me in Bills history where they have not collapsed and try to tell me a story that McD coaches teams do get blown out a lot.

So by your logic the bills always collapse and therefore they should get rid of yet another coach that does the same (supposedly). Maybe the problem is the coaching changes. Let's try something different - consistency. And they will, no doubt.

I think McD does survive.  If they lost out, which I doubt, then there will be discussions; I expect to see him back next year.  McD does need to get a handle on his coaching staff because all three phases look out of control the past two weeks.

The bills were dominated at the line on both sides of tha ball- plain and simple.

FFS the defending Super Bowl champs were blown out by the Titans and lions last year. 

It happens sometimes. 

33 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Are you saying Allen isnt smart enough to run this offense because the Pats have been dominating with this offense for almost 2 decades

See above. Somehow BB kept his job

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

McD is better than ok

Beane is very good.

As they are package deal  no way they will  be fired. Stupid idea after 1 loss in 5-2 season.

We needed consistency for 20 years but with coach who deserves another year. And McD sure deserves it more than our prevuios coaches.