Does McD survive this year?

MAJBobby

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Let me start off by saying not a chicken little thread and I know that we are 5-2 and still have a favorable schedule to get to the playoffs. But that also goes to what I am about to say. 

Let’s say the Bills do not right the ship. If this season goes like seasons in the past of collapsing down the stretch after a 5-1 now 5-2 start does McD survive?  

With all the talk of the DNA and Standards and Process you you think McD survives a Bills collapse?  

BTW add another Blowout loss to the McD resume. 

I think McD survives but I sure hope Frasier and Daboll don't.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, George C said:

Oh brother.ll here comes the bandwagon fans who want instant super bowls .

Do you want to become the Browns?

Of course we stick with this group..for the next foreseeable future.

We need more talent, and it’s coming through the draft..

bandwagon fans?  Fact is Bills have been here before and fact is they haven’t been able to finish the season and collapse. 

so? 

McD survives this year minus a total collapse because ownership wants no part of another coaching search.  At some point, he needs wins against quality opponents.

Their record though against playoff teams is woeful.  Beating up on the lesser teams and losing to better ones is reminiscent of DJ circa 2006-09. 

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Christ man,  the Bills had 3 or 4 blowouts by this time last season.  

ONE in 7 weeks is a HUGE improvement 

High standards.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Christ man,  the Bills had 3 or 4 blowouts by this time last season.  

ONE in 7 weeks is a HUGE improvement 

Four to be exact.  Ravens, San Diego, Green Bay, and the Colts.

It is improvement, but the manner of the blowout is still very concerning because it says that with all the resources devoted to D, we still have the same vulnerability.

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I think you're overreacting to this loss.  Yes, it was an ugly loss.  Yes, critics are gonna be critical of the Bills like they always are.  Each week is different and timing really is everything when you play a team.  We happened to play Philly at a time when they were desperate.  When the season started, they were regarded as a top team in the NFC.  I think that's still the case.  Their record isn't indicative to the team that they are.  We lost to a good team who outplayed us yesterday and who were hungry from a bad loss a week prior.  McD has been saying that they still have a lot of room to grow.  So yes, he will survive this season.  There's still a lot of football to be played.  Just relax.  McD isn't going anywhere.

We played an insanely injured Philliy team. They've had spans of no tackling at practice over fear that they might get worse. They will struggle to beat any good teams as banged up as they are. Made me wish for Darby opposite White though. Worst trade that we made.

6 minutes ago, pop gun said:

I think McD survives but I sure hope Frasier and Daboll don't.

Still doesn't remove the fact that those hires are a reflection on the HC.  If he had to hire a 3rd OC in 4 seasons and a 2nd DC over that time, something's wrong more than just the coordinators.

And if the OC is fired, how many quality candidates will sign up for going to Buffalo?  I'm guessing not many.

I say no for a few reasons

1 - Him and the GM are a package deal

2 - Year 1 was a full tear down, year 2 was somewhat building it back up... but the cap is in a much better situation so you don't lose players for nothing and can start getting comp picks again

3 - I'm sick of the hire and fire every 3-5 years or whatever.  I'm not saying extend him and marvin lewis this guy for 25 years... but they're seemingly better than they have been in the last like 25 years.  If they can consistently be that? I wouldn't break it up right away

Then you have to consider that NFL teams are hiring guys like Kingsbury, Taylor, and Gase.  I suppose if you had like, some candidate in mind sure?  But its usually retreads and mcvays friends which means you aren't likely upgrading.  You're just getting an "offensive minded" guy, who is probably in over his head.  

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Let me start off by saying not a chicken little thread and I know that we are 5-2 and still have a favorable schedule to get to the playoffs. But that also goes to what I am about to say. 

Let’s say the Bills do not right the ship. If this season goes like seasons in the past of collapsing down the stretch after a 5-1 now 5-2 start does McD survive?  

With all the talk of the DNA and Standards and Process you you think McD survives a Bills collapse?  

BTW add another Blowout loss to the McD resume. 

He'd have to meltdown this year and next. 

Not at all.   There is overall improvement, and despite yesterday's poor showing the team is going in the right direction.

I feel like if there is a big enough slide, then Daboll and or Frazier may be replaced and McDermott would be fighting for his job next year, but this is too soon.  Look where coaching turnover has gotten us over the past 20 years.

Edited by dgrochester55

14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

How many does he get to hire. Their failure is his responsibility too. 

Other teams have managed faster rebuilds. Complete teardowns might turn out to be a mistake. I don't think he loses his job, but I think some of that is because of the schedule. 

Some do. Some don't. Some have franchise QBs right from the start, some have a roster in salary cap hell. Sweeping generalizations are part of the reason people don't understand/can't emotionally handle a loss.  

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He'd have to meltdown this year and next. 

I think a meltdown this season will lead to you better make a run in playoffs in 2020. One and done in the playoffs after another Bills collapse this year doesn’t keep him alive I don’t think. Granted all predicated on the Bills collapse this year. I don’t think they do, but can’t ignore history.