Does McD survive this year?

MAJBobby

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I think he survives.  Modern medicine can do wonders these days, keeping people alive who aren't...y'know...dying.

But....can it save him from the torches and pitchforks of 5-2? THAT is the question! 

Some people consider it an intelligent question, but it IS a question. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I will be very surprised if McD is canned any time soon, but he and Beane won't last too much longer. Allen and Edmunds will never live up to the hype and will hold this team back. We may still make the playoffs, but now that other teams know how to beat us, it's not going to be a walk in the park even with such an easy schedule. We aren't playing down to the level of bad teams. We just aren't good enough to put teams away early. We are the derinition of 'mediocre'.

21 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Another thread that should get the OP banned for a week. No need for this drivel.

God forbid anyone should EVER criticise anyone in this organization. It's never happened before!

On 10/28/2019 at 10:56 AM, dave mcbride said:

Correct. Daboll is not the problem here. If Allen were ever able to hit the occasional deep throw (Foster was wide open yesterday), the conversation surrounding the production from Daboll's offense would be a lot different. 

I mean, Daboll is a problem. 

But right now I think QB play is a bigger issue. I’ve seen the report card thread where everybody is in a circle jerk for giving Allen a B+ for having a game where he throws 185 yards, 2 TD’s and no turn overs. That’s the most milquetoast performance ever. Some guy on reddit said Allen was ON FIRE the last 3 weeks...on fire. Averaging less than 200 yards per game, 60% completion, and 2 TD’s. It is adequate. 

On 10/28/2019 at 11:25 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Shouldn't expect anything.

Should track and adjust to a ball that’s in the air for 4 seconds and at least attempt to make a play on it.  Sometime it even meaning fighting through coverage. 

Im not blaming him for anything, but it shows why he’s not much of a deep ball threat despite his speed. 

He’s not much of a deep threat because he didn’t react to a ball that got caught up last minute in 40 mph gusts? Neither the safety or the cb were able to make a play. 

Allen has been atrocious deep this year. But this is a terrible example to nail Foster or Allen to the cross on. 

On 10/28/2019 at 11:53 AM, Socal-805 said:

IF - the Bils playing the NFC West next year - regress and/or Allen flops in his 3rd year and/or the Bills go 6-10 ?  Hmmm  

I talked about this in another thread. 

This regime isn’t directly tied to Allen’s success. Feels like ownership and the fan base are pretty much fully behind them. McBeane could be one of the few tandems in the modern NFL who gets to take two shots at a QB. They’ll sink or swim based on how quickly they give up on Allen if he isn’t a top half QB next year. 

If I am them, I significantly upgrade the QB room from Barkley. I’d think about paying  Dalton 2 years 20 mil (total). If Allen is good to go, and takes care of business, I move on from Dalton at the deadline and take the pick(s). If Allen is still at 200 yards per game, 60% comp, and 1:1 TD:INT. I sit him by week 6. Save the season. Put in Dalton. Allocate as much draft stock as it takes (not players this time) and immediately go after another QB. If they p*$$y foot around, they’re out the door. 

On 10/28/2019 at 11:58 AM, london_bills said:

Yeah. I feel like the cowboys, ravens and Steelers games are tests. Steelers record isn't great but would still be a good win away.

Hot take: Steelers will be in the hunt For a wild card down the stretch. The Bills game will be meaningful to them. They have one more loss, but have played one more game than HOU.

HOU has a tough stretch of Ravens, Colts, Pats coming up. Plus TEN x2. 

PIT has a tough 2 coming up. If they can split Indy/Rams, they could possibly hit a stretch where they win 4 in a row. Browns x2, Bengals,Cardinals. Then Buffalo comes into their house. 

On 10/28/2019 at 3:50 PM, SoTier said:

Allen will be stunted in this offense because this offense doesn't have enough talent to compete with quality teams like the Pats or the Eagles.  He gets no help from the running game, so running play action isn't a realistic option.  He's got a couple of decent WRs, intermittent decent play from other WRs and TEs, no reliable pass catching RB. 

Actually, he made the playoffs with a decent roster that he inherited and began dismantling.  He and Beane finished the job in 2018, so I suppose that they deserve medals if the team manages to win 9 or 10 games with a schedule filled with tankers and bottom feeders?

I think our WR Corp is hovering right around average. Some days a little better, some a little lower. We are getting surprisingly consultant play out of Gore.

Shady would be a HUGE help. I still don’t really get that move. Honestly, the dude deserves a ring, and I hope he gets one. His ability alone should get him in the hall, but sometimes that isn’t enough. 

On 10/29/2019 at 6:28 AM, Mango said:

I think we are on the same page here.  I don't get the hype on a guy with 20 total NFL carries. I think at best he projects to a change of pace back. 

With an offense that struggles with consistency (That is putting it nicely), I think the safe bet is Gore where he gets you a couple yards every time he touches the ball. You are probably right that DS struggles in traffic or between the tackles.

Yeah. For whatever reason, I chose to air all my grievances(Festivus miracle) with Singletary in a response to you, but it was more of a general comment. I'm just not a big believer. At all if I'm being honest. We'll see my man.

• Thank you (+1) 1

No,  I have just gotten out of some high level business meetings and word on the street is that Beane is fed up with McD's schtick.  One more loss this season and he's gone.  If he doesn't make it to the superbowl then he is gone.

Seriously MajB, I am surprised it was you that made this thread.  I haven't always agreed with you, but you always at least seemed rational.  This thread seems pretty irrational to me.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/28/2019 at 10:17 PM, Nelius said:

7.9 yards per touch across 20 rushes and 9 receptions. That's ALL open space? Seems to me he has some kind of burst to still be averaging nearly 8 yards after almost 30 touches. And hell burst or not, if he's practically going to get a 1st down every single time he touches the ball, I'd say that shows more potential to be a playmaker than anybody else on this roster.

That's a small sample size. If you see the explosion that would lead to long term success, we're seeing something different. It would be great if your eyeballs are correct and mine are deceiving.

Also, OF COURSE he's the guy on THIS roster most capable of making something happen after the catch. The question is whether or not this roster has the right components in the backfield.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...