Does McD survive this year?

MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If McDermott takes the Bills to the playoffs again this year (2 out of 3 years) will you stop with the History crap?

My guess would be NO you will not.  

McDermott is doing a great job. You cannot assemble enough talent to be effective in such a short time. The Bills have had a lot of holes to fill, and obviously their work is not done.

• Haha (+1) 1

It would be a mistake firing McD short of anything catastrophic, which would include pretty much only losing out or mutiny in the locker room imo.

He has the squad pointed in the right direction, which is more than I can say for teams past. Whether he'll be able to get them the whole way home is up for debate, but I can see the plan and yearly improvement. The players seem to have bought in as well...for me he needs to stay.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Yeah, I think he will. Because of our super weak schedule, we’ll probably win 10 games and make the playoffs.

And probably lose to the colts by 20 and score 6 pts.  Yet, thousands will show up to the airport and celebrate a WC birth ?

Does he survive?  You are kidding right.  Except for the pats, they have had (and continue to have) a cupcake schedule.  But at the end of the day, 5-2 is 5-2.

If the Bills somehow manage to lose out with this schedule, then maybe, and only maybe, does he get shown the door.  But even that and I think he gets one more year.

6 hours ago, youngjebrey said:

*Bills lose one game* 

“DoEs McD SuRvIvE tHiS yEaR?”

Being a Bills fan with a new girlfriend.

"I've really enjoyed our first few dates. You have a lot of promise and I like where we're headed."

"Thanks."

"Any chance we can get together for dinner tonight?"

"I can't tonight. I have to...:"

"Yeah, screw you, b*tch. I didn't like you anyway, you fugly butterface! I hope you die, skank!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Being a Bills fan with a new girlfriend.

"I've really enjoyed our first few dates. You have a lot of promise and I like where we're headed."

"Thanks."

"Any chance we can get together for dinner tonight?"

"I can't tonight. I have to...:"

"Yeah, screw you, b*tch. I didn't like you anyway, you fugly butterface! I hope you die, skank!

Not to mention, the girl down the street is an MVP candidate!

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not to mention, the girl down the street is an MVP candidate!

Yeah, but she's probably dating the guy who is about to attempt a field goal on 4th and 11, gets called for delay of game, and decides to go for it on 4th and 16.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

He needs to remove Dabol.  Allen will be stunted in this offense.

Allen will be stunted in this offense because this offense doesn't have enough talent to compete with quality teams like the Pats or the Eagles.  He gets no help from the running game, so running play action isn't a realistic option.  He's got a couple of decent WRs, intermittent decent play from other WRs and TEs, no reliable pass catching RB. 

6 hours ago, Jerboski said:

He made the playoffs with a terrible roster, won 6 games with an even worse roster and has the second best record in the afc and we are discussing firing him lol wow 

Actually, he made the playoffs with a decent roster that he inherited and began dismantling.  He and Beane finished the job in 2018, so I suppose that they deserve medals if the team manages to win 9 or 10 games with a schedule filled with tankers and bottom feeders?

6 hours ago, George C said:

Oh brother.ll here comes the bandwagon fans who want instant super bowls .

Do you want to become the Browns?

Of course we stick with this group..for the next foreseeable future.

We need more talent, and it’s coming through the draft..

I don't want instant Superbowls and I understand all about the ill effects of the "coaching carousel" and constant scheme change on a team's ability to improve.

But frankly as the dust settles on this humiliating loss, it's all about Inside Zone Left and here's what I mean:

There is no such thing as a perfect team without weaknesses an opponent can exploit.  But in order to have what it takes to win a championship, a successful championship coach MUST be able to identify when an opponent is exploiting the same weakness play after play, and figure out some kind of counter. 

The number of blow-out games on McDermott's watch has raised flags in the past.  But this is a giant red one.  Eagles players openly admit they ran the same play on us again and again to gouge us for run yards, and we couldn't stop it.  Now probably that's happened to good coaches in the past and will happen to good coaches in the future.

But if it happens again this season, eyebrows should be raised and McDermott's seat temp should elevate to "toasty".

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

McDermott is doing a great job. You cannot assemble enough talent to be effective in such a short time. The Bills have had a lot of holes to fill, and obviously their work is not done.

Maybe you need to pay some attention to what's going on around the league.   These coaches all managed to "assemble enough talent" to be more than "effective" in their first or second years as HC:

• Andy Reid  in KC. 
  • Doug Pederson in Philadelphia. 
  • Sean McVay with the LA Rams.  
  • Anthony Lynn with the LA Chargers. 
  • Frank Reich in Indy.  
  • Matt LaFleur in Green Bay.

McDermott is in his third year, and his team doesn't look much better than a 7-9 win team that might benefit from an easy schedule.

Edited by SoTier

15 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Maybe you need to pay some attention to what's going on around the league.   These coaches all managed to "assemble enough talent" to be more than "effective" in their first or second years as HC:

• Andy Reid  in KC. 
  • Doug Pederson in Philadelphia. 
  • Sean McVay with the LA Rams.  
  • Anthony Lynn with the LA Chargers. 
  • Frank Reich in Indy.  
  • Matt LaFleur in Green Bay.

McDermott is in his third year, and his team doesn't look much better than a 7-9 win team that might benefit from an easy schedule.

I don't know what to tell you...I see that. I wish I had a crystal ball. All I know is, is that this team needs several upgrades on both sides of the ball.

Lack of continuity is a HUGE problem in this league, and one of the primary reasons the exact same teams win (or lose) every single year.

This regime has finished tearing-down the structure setup by the previous group, and is just starting to put the pieces together of their rebuild.

We drafted the cornerstones (Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds) just a year ago.  This was the first Free Agent period where our front office actually had cap space to make moves.

Depending on the result of the Washington game, we will be on pace for a 10-6 or 12-4 record.  That would be a drastic improvement over the last 20 seasons, and evidence we are moving in the right direction.  If I'm the Pegulas, this regime gets to the end of 2020 before I even CONSIDER making a change.

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Let me start off by saying not a chicken little thread and I know that we are 5-2 and still have a favorable schedule to get to the playoffs. But that also goes to what I am about to say. 

Let’s say the Bills do not right the ship. If this season goes like seasons in the past of collapsing down the stretch after a 5-1 now 5-2 start does McD survive?  

With all the talk of the DNA and Standards and Process you you think McD survives a Bills collapse?  

BTW add another Blowout loss to the McD resume. 

I hate you.

• Haha (+1) 2