Does McD survive this year?

MAJBobby

The Bills are fools if they fire Sean McDermott.  I'm so sick of building a roster just to have it torn down by a new head coach.  It would be a different story if McDermott wasn't competent, but almost everyone acknowledges that he is a quality coach.  If the Bills make the playoffs this year than this season has been a tremendous success.  The overall talent of the roster is mediocre.  With 88 million to spend next off season the Bills will be true contenders in 2020.  

Just now, whatdrought said:

2-1 since the bye with a loss to the team that won the Superbowl two years ago.. In fact, our only losses are against the most recent SB winners.

You also don't know if they are a bad team. You don't know anything except what the record says.. which is 5-2.

Yes. Emotional loss. Emotions are high after that loss.. Why is that confusing? 

Oh cool! More "what ifs" on top of your hypothetical.

I have a couple too...

What if Josh Allen doesn't throw those interceptions vs. NE. What if he doesn't get hurt. What if he doesn't fumble that football against the Eagles. What if Hyde doesn't take a bad angle on the Sanders run. What if we had drafted Tom Brady. What if we had traded for Bill Bellicheck. What if the earth was flat. What if we're actually in the matrix?

I get where you're coming from, and you're entitled to whatever opinion you desire and I'm not faulting you that at all... That being said, you might want to find an umbrella cause your "not a chicken little" post is coming across a little "sky is probably falling". 

;)

Then I would venture to say that those people that look at this as a Sky is falling post and NOT just a simple hypothetical question (want me to point at all the Hypothetical Posts on this board), really should get some thicker skin.  

For Bills fans claiming to be "blue collar, hard working underdog fan base" they do have some thin skin

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Yesterdays loss has sparked a lot of negativity.  A collapse would mean 8-8 and I still think we can win 10 games with this team against this schedule.

Terry and Kim must be tired of making coaching changes.  McD will continue to be the coach for a few more seasons at least. 

That is their fault.  Shouldn't have hired Rex. 

I agree that McD will be here through his contract, at least.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Of the eleven ? that the OP gathered in the initial post as of 11:45 am, I would think the majority are not ‘laughing with you’.

And that would show the Homer-ism on this board, that you cant be critical of the almighty McD

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

It is 3 scores yes, but I wouldn't say we got blown out losing 17-0. To me 4 or 5 scores is a blowout. Like when we lost by 37 to the Saints in 2017, or losing by 30 the next week to the Chargers or the 44 point loss we had to the Ravens in the season opener last year. 31-13 isn't a blowout

then what is 31-13 a close game LOL

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then I would venture to say that those people that look at this as a Sky is falling post and NOT just a simple hypothetical question (want me to point at all the Hypothetical Posts on this board), really should get some thicker skin.  

For Bills fans claiming to be "blue collar, hard working underdog fan base" they do have some thin skin

Ah yes... The ones with the thin skins are definitely those who see your post for what it is... 

2 minutes ago, Z-Mann said:

Agree, I can see them winning or losing the Browns game.  I still feel like the Patriots will have something to play for, whether it's a 1 seed or undefeated season, so that's a loss.  I just feel like the Browns game is going to be a critical one, especially if they split against the Steelers and Broncos.  If they can win two of those three games, I feel like they have a shot at 10 wins and a playoff spot....

Yeah. I feel like the cowboys, ravens and Steelers games are tests. Steelers record isn't great but would still be a good win away.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Ah yes... The ones with the thin skins are definitely those who see your post for what it is... 

And what is it?  a Hypothetical question gauging the fans bases thoughts on a coaching staff?

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That is their fault.  Shouldn't have hired Rex. 

I agree that McD will be here through his contract, at least.

I am asking ONLY.. but hasn’t McD earned a little bit of leeway since he broke the 19 year? Drought of not being in the playoffs and probably getting them there again this year? So 2/3 years in the big dance isn’t bad. And doing it with a 2nd year QB pretty good as Well..  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Are you saying Allen isnt smart enough to run this offense because the Pats have been dominating with this offense for almost 2 decades

Uh... what? Daboll is somehow getting credit for the GOAT's production? Funny, McDaniels tried that to and crashed and burned.

2012 Chiefs: 32nd ranked offense.

2011 Dolphins: 20th ranked offense.

2010 Browns: 31st ranked offense.

2009 Browns: 29th ranked offense.

Daboll is a fraud. His only successful stint as an OC was with Bama and that had a lot more to do with Bama being Bama.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And what is it?  a Hypothetical question gauging the fans bases thoughts on a coaching staff?

See below. 

30 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If you have to say it's not a chicken little thread, it's probably a chicken little thread...

giphy.gif