Does McD survive this year?

MAJBobby

Just like the wins people put too much meaning into the losses.  We are sort of an above average team that has an easy schedule.  Let's see how this goes.  No need to react this strongly after each week.  We suck!  We are top 5!  Just ***** relax. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

I applaud you for this. 

And you surely did spark things up! 

Appreciate it, I noticed it was not helping me deal with what I went through and just not helping me be the best me I can be so cut it out.  

Now if I could ONLY do the same with the Bills (LOL).

Yeah I like firing things up a bit on this board from time to time.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

It's called trolling.  That is what a "Does McD survive the year" thread is.

It isnt.  It is a question that I knew would spark debate.  And is a question grounded in History.

And many have responded with No, that they could collapse this year and he would still be back

Others said He would be but would cost Coordinators their jobs.

See a TROLL thread would be FIRE McD.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Correct. Daboll is not the problem here. If Allen were ever able to hit the occasional deep throw (Foster was wide open yesterday), the conversation surrounding the production from Daboll's offense would be a lot different. 

He sure was was, and he also inexplicably adjusted to the ball in the air so poorly it doinked into the turf 5 yards behind him while he was staring up into space. 

14 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Bill Belichick didn't with the SB until his 7th season as a head coach.  This includes going 5-11 in his first season as Pats coach the season before he won his first.  Maybe, just maybe, we give the guy that got us to the playoffs with a horrible roster and will most likely get to the playoffs again this year for 2 out of 3 years, a bit of some slack, no?

The NFL has changed a wee bit since 2001 when BB won his first SB.  The passing game, defense, special teams, everything evolves over time.  The world doesn't stand still. 

Now, teams like Philadelphia are winning SB's in their second year under a new HC.  Or, LA who made the SB in their coaches 2nd year.  Or, KC with a redshirt freshman QB making the AFC Championship.  Or, Seattle with a 3rd year QB winning a SB.  Winning doesn't take a 4-5 year plan in the modern NFL.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Correct. Daboll is not the problem here. If Allen were ever able to hit the occasional deep throw (Foster was wide open yesterday), the conversation surrounding the production from Daboll's offense would be a lot different. 

I think Moose Johnson said yesterday that only about 5% of throws, if that, are the long throws.  Allen has struggled with them but I don't think 1 in 20 throw is affecting the offense that much.  I am mystified by two things:

1.  Not using Singletary earlier in games

2.  Seemingly abandoning the shorter route trees, crossing patterns, using Beasley as the possession guy, etc.  That was working early in the year, and we've gotten away from it.

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He sure was was, and he also inexplicably adjusted to the ball in the air so poorly it doinked into the turf 5 yards behind him while he was staring up into space. 

?? - there were two defenders between him and the ball, which was far behind him. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Let me start off by saying not a chicken little thread and I know that we are 5-2 and still have a favorable schedule to get to the playoffs. But that also goes to what I am about to say. 

Let’s say the Bills do not right the ship. If this season goes like seasons in the past of collapsing down the stretch after a 5-1 now 5-2 start does McD survive?  

With all the talk of the DNA and Standards and Process you you think McD survives a Bills collapse?  

BTW add another Blowout loss to the McD resume. 

First off, I don't know if one loss requires "righting the ship"

Secondly, I wouldn't call an 18 points loss a blowout 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

The lack of Singletary is mind boggling. They run Allen like Tebow instead. Also, where is Sweeney? Why is Lee still given the opportunity to turn out penalties? 

I am not surprised at the Singletary touches. He had 10 touches total, the first two games of the season. 10 touches after coming back from injury over 2 games. I think Singelary is a good change of pace back not a workhorse. Sort of a combination between Spiller and McCoy.

This issue isn't that DS is not getting touches, the issue is we don't have a great stable of backs or a feature back like Shady. 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

?? - there were two defenders between him and the ball, which was far behind him. 

Exactly.

Has he not played enough football in his life to understand there may need to be an adjustment to a deep ball in 25 mph gales? 

I didn’t understand what he was doing at all on that play.