Lack of Singletary touches

Big Gun

That guy needs to have about 25 touches a game. 

He looked dynamic earlier in the year and still didn't get touches, he looked great on his catch and run for TD yesterday and didn't get many touches after.

Someone needs to be held accountable for him NOT getting more touches.

His skill is what got Shady cut, right? it wasn't Gores skill. These coaches need to be held accountable for Devins lack of touches. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Agree it is time to feature Singletary at the No 1 RB. Not Gore. 

Gore has a role on this team just not as the feature back. 

on a side note can we put on of the ST only players on the bench and actually activate all out WRs at once. Or put Lee Smith on the Bench and start moving away from the walking Penalty. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

How many RBs in the NFL even get 25 touches per game in today's league? That's an insane number for a guy that the coaching staff clearly doesn't trust to be the #1 guy yet.

Bills love to throw the ball...especially in 20-30 MPH winds!  The opponent thought we would run...we baffled them!!!! OOPS!

he was 6+ ypc yesterday, made a beautiful TD and they still continued to play struggling pass in windy weather. I can't understand it. 

Maybe they want to adapt him for NFL hits slowly? In 2nd half defenders are tired and hits are weaker.

But he received injury because he was freezed waiting for his next snap.

46 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Maybe he can't beat out a 36 yo RB and if that's the case he needs to be 3rd string behind the useless Yeldon.

I have a gut feeling he is fumbling the ball in practice and that is why he isn't getting the carries.

McDermott seems to prefer older running backs. Tolbert, Ivory, Gore. Idk if he doesn’t trust the younger backs or what but he’s been using the older backs since he got here. 

Singletary might be the receiving back atm I saw he has something like 70% of his snaps he’s running a route

52 minutes ago, pop gun said:

That guy needs to have about 25 touches a game. 

He looked dynamic earlier in the year and still didn't get touches, he looked great on his catch and run for TD yesterday and didn't get many touches after.

Someone needs to be held accountable for him NOT getting more touches.

His skill is what got Shady cut, right? it wasn't Gores skill. These coaches need to be held accountable for Devins lack of touches. 

He had his moments yesterday see the TD but he also looked slow at times when he get tackled from behind or not make it past the line of scrimmage. I still like the kid but not sure he'll ever be an featured RB in the league. 

• Big Gun changed the title to Lack of Singletary touches
1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Maybe he can't beat out a 36 yo RB and if that's the case he needs to be 3rd string behind the useless Yeldon.

I have a gut feeling he is fumbling the ball in practice and that is why he isn't getting the carries.

Can’t be worse than the number of times Allen coughs it up. 

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yep. Snaps are great. Getting arguably the best play maker(besides Josh) the ball more would be better.

Singletary on the field for nearly 70% of the snaps is a great start, I had no idea he was out there over Gore that much, we now just need to up his usage rate in a major way.