Jerry Hughes 55

KW95 - JA17

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Last week on the Miami film, he was getting held a lot.  Like, a lot.  TBD this week.

This week too. On one play Goedert grabbed him, spun him around and threw him to the ground. No flag.

On one of the touchdowns you can clearly see him with the lineman’s arms around him with a fist full of jersey. No flag. 

• Sad 1

The guy's been the king of the "almost sack" for a long time now. In the Miami game he had Fitz dead to rights, and let him slip right through his grasp (and then Fitz ran 20 yards for a touchdown). 

Bills really need to ramp up and re-tool the pass rush this off-season. I envision DJ Jr. will be the only returning face next year. 

19 minutes ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

Loved last year when I said JH was overrated and everyone on here was justifying his play with the PRESSURE STAT....

Because the PRESSURE STAT actually shows that he’s doing his job, pressuring the QB.  Last year he pressured the QB at a higher rate than any other edge.  

But yeah, he was terrible.....just like you said he was. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

many players have their best years when playing for the next contract

yep they do and with Jordan Phillips history (May have changed it) seems to me like A guy that may go into cruise mode once paid. 

I think Hughes should have sued the NFL in court long ago.  He is clearly held way more than any other player I've ever witnessed.  And he could easily prove that with film.  

He could claim loss of wages etc.  Due to lower numbers.  That hurts him at contract time and by not hitting bonuses.  Not making the probowl.  Not getting endorsements.  I could go on. 

I know people will pop pop at the idea but really, how else do you correct what's going on????? 

The Pats have cheated for 20 years.  It surely has harmed the bills franchise with less revenue.  I'd have sued the league and long long time ago.  Same with the Rams and Eagles.  They were cheated out of Superbowl wins. They should have filed lawsuits.  

Football is the NFLs product.  This is no different than Apple suing Samsung.

Edited by peterpan

2 hours ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

Good morning all,

What is going on with JH55.  I havent seen much from him all year.  Often we read that STAR is not doing his job or Ed Oliver hasnt done much....Where is "the so called leader" on that line? 

I didn’t know his number was 55 thanks