We're turning Allen into Tyrod

I like Allen. I do think he is playing way too conservative. I think you have to adjust with the flow of the game, meaning when the defense is playing well, don't put them in bad spots. When it's clear they don't have it, you have to take a few shots. 

That said, in terms of protection, when teams blitz we are having a really tough time seeing it and picking it up. On the flip side, when teams rush four and drop 7 into coverage, no one is open. Establishing the run game helps both of those situations, but I have to say that I pin all of this on the coaching. Sometimes this team looks unprepared and that's what they looked like yesterday. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We had a gunslinger who used to move the ball but would have a bad throw or two picked off. Now we have a guy who's careful with the ball, not throwing picks but now doesn't trust what he sees, takes sacks and fumbles a lot. But at least his QBR is good, right?

I'm sure that your rant is backed up by the stats, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

I'm sure that your rant is backed up by the stats, right?

Yeah. Allen wasn’t good last year. Now he is a  slightly different version of good this year. 

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I didn't see that this week.

Problem must be solved...

36 minutes ago, H2o said:

If Foster comes back to the ball on that deep shot he either draws PI or makes a play on the ball and we aren't on our side of the field with Daboll calling stupid plays. Instead he lets the ball drop a yard behind him. 

If he comes back to a bad pass, maybe we do get a call but,too many times here I see "if the receiver helps Josh...". Josh had him open and all season has missed wide open receivers on the deep ball. Two games against good teams and Josh is under 50%. In at least 3 of the others, he has to make a comeback because he put us in a position to have to come back. Three fumbles by Allen. That makes eight this year and even though only 2 were recovered the other 6 most likely leads to loss of yardage. Throw in 7 picks and that's 9 turnovers in 7 games. He's getting better imo, but glossing over his problems by blaming the wr's just doesn't make sense. 

Daboll needs to go. Allen can't find the open receiver because he's too busy performing two or three fake handoffs and then rolling out before he even gets to look downfield. The play design is absolute trash. I watch a lot of college and NFL football and I really struggle to recall an offense so up it's own ass with motions, fakes, etc. I will say, the Browns like that stuff too and you see what their record is and how badly Baker has struggled this year.

It's the NFL, you aren't fooling anyone with all the window dressing.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

If you think Allen's been the issue the past couple of weeks, you're an idiot.

Hes averaging less than 60% completion and less than 200 yards per game. In 2019 that’s not good. 

But this isn’t a pie. Allen can be bad, and the defense can play poorly. They don’t take away from each other. They’re not mutually exclusive. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I wish I could see more of the field on TV....it sure SEEMS that at times he does have a lot of time to scan the field...to absolutely no result.

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ve thought the coaches have him all screwed up for several weeks now.  I have no problem throwing the ball away when under pressure, but Allen is doing it when he still has time to make something out of a play when his first option doesn’t work out. 

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I didn't see that this week.

I think he's much more tentative. He's doing what coaches want him to, stay in the pocket, avoid picks. But he's not seeing open receivers or he's not trusting what he sees.

• Like (+1) 1