Inside Left Zone

Protocal69

Just now, Dopey said:

He had a bad game, so did the safeties. It can be corrected. I think over all the dline played decent and did their job.  

Yea it was Hyde's worst game as a Bill to my eyes. Our run game troubles have been more linebackers than Dline for the past two weeks I have said that. But Peko is crap and that hurts and Star is just not dominant for the money he is paid.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it was Hyde's worst game as a Bill to my eyes. Our run game troubles have been more linebackers than Dline for the past two weeks I have said that. But Peko is crap and that hurts and Star is just not dominant for the money he is paid.  

Agreed. That long td run on Philly's 1st drive of the 2nd half is an example. Star did get pushed on this one, but it should have been a 10-12 yd run. Hyde and Milano somehow BOTH get blocked by ONE guy, at the same time. It was an all day thing. Again, it can and should be corrected. Our defensive coaching staff is good. They will work on it. Not down on the defense, at all.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Agreed. That long td run on Philly's 1st drive of the 2nd half is an example. Star did get pushed on this one, but it should have been a 10-12 yd run. Hyde and Milano somehow Both get blocked by ONE guy, at the same time. It was an all day thing. Again, it can and should be corrected. Our defensive coaching staff is good. They will work on it. Not down on the defense, at all.

Yea. There was plenty of blame to go around on that one..

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's very difficult for me to see during commercial film because I 100% have "slow eyes" and the broadcast doesn't usually switch to the actual game action until just  before the snap.  But from what I did see, they were running a lot of heavy nickle ("Buffalo") with Marlow, and Lorax defensive snaps were down.  I think Star was down too and we were seeing Peko.

No, that's not entirely it, @oldmanfan.  They broke for big yards with one specific play (inside left zone) because they ID'd a weakness.

We were actually getting some good stuffs (no gain, no gain, -1, -1) even late in the 4Q.

That's not what happens when you're just getting physically manhandled.  That's when their O gets 2-4 yds on every run play.

Here, scroll down and have a look at the playby

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201910270buf.htm

Well, I hope you're right, because thing like gap responsibilities can be corrected.  I'm not convinced of your premise based on the box score.  But I think McD has shown he can get the team to refocus and come back with a good performance after poor ones, so I expect to see a good effort and victory next Sunday.

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hyde is probably out of the AP discussion after yesterday.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Well, I hope you're right, because thing like gap responsibilities can be corrected.  I'm not convinced of your premise based on the box score.  But I think McD has shown he can get the team to refocus and come back with a good performance after poor ones, so I expect to see a good effort and victory next Sunday.

Not the box score per se, but the play-by-play you see if you scroll down at the link I provided.

For example, the long soul-crushing drive that killed us in the 4th (type of play, yardage) which is sort of the worst case:

1-10 r 5
2-5 r NG

3-5 r Wentz 13
1-10 r NG
2-10 p I
3-10 r Wentz 11
1-10 r 3
2-7 p 7
1-10 r 20
1-10 r 3
2-7 p I

3-7 p 18
1-3 r NG

2-3 r TD

we had a number of plays where we forced 3rd and long or at least 3rd and substantial.  In the absence of coaches film, I don't think that's because we were getting tossed about like rags.  I think it's because they found a weakness they could exploit unless everything went perfectly - then when we sold out to stop that, they passed.  (I think that because it's what other teams have done)

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not the box score per se, but the play-by-play you see if you scroll down at the link I provided.

For example, the long soul-crushing drive that killed us in the 4th (type of play, yardage) which is sort of the worst case:

1-10 r 5
2-5 r NG

3-5 r Wentz 13
1-10 r NG
2-10 p I
3-10 r Wentz 11
1-10 r 3
2-7 p 7
1-10 r 20
1-10 r 3
2-7 p I

3-7 p 18
1-3 r NG

2-3 r TD

we had a number of plays where we forced 3rd and long or at least 3rd and substantial.  In the absence of coaches film, I don't think that's because we were getting tossed about like rags.  I think it's because they found a weakness they could exploit unless everything went perfectly - then when we sold out to stop that, they passed.  (I think that because it's what other teams have done)

Yeah I looked at the individual plays.  Like I said I hope you’reright.

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Maybe it was the rust coming back from injury - but Milano appeared to be the biggest culprit out there. It seemed the Iggles were targeting Wallace and Milano on every offensive play. 

You are correct.  They analyzed the 65 yard TD run by Sanders.  Milano took on a blocker instead of passing him out to Hyde who was on the outside of him.  The engaged Milano thus blocked out Hyde who couldn't cut inside to make the tackle.