Week 9: Bills (-10.5) vs Redskins

Cygnus99

37 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They win Sunday.  McD has shown he can hold his team together and have them ready to play after disappointing performances.  And in all likelihood thy play against a rookie QB in his I think first start?

How this team responds to adversity (which we knew would be coming at some point this season) will be must see TV this weekend; I agree McD has always had a knack for getting the guys to respond following disappointment and not losing the locker room cohesion. 

The Skins are a verifiable & certifiable Division 3 stiff!

The Bills best stiffs.

Ergo, 6-2 should be in the books.

However...

If they DON’T, the same old Millenium murmurs of “Same old Bills” will be at a roar! Yesterday was no time to panic, but certainly to be very concerned. The Eagles (not even in the League’s top echelon), but certainly not a stiff- was a test game.

Result? Abject incompetent failure- on all fronts.

The biggest surprise was the D, who collapsed.

Of little surprise is the weak anemic Offense! Again, I go back to laughing at the WGR pre game show, who came up with the Eagles giving up 20 points First Half shtick. 

As though this Offense was gonna score 21? ?

They have 15 Offensive TDs in 7 GAMES! 

Pathetic. 

The sign of progress for some Bills fans, is that Allen hasn’t given up a stupid pick in the last 2 games. Geez Louise... this is 2019, not 1969! As an Announcer on WGR stayed this morning:

” I want Allen to throw for 28 Pts. AND 3 INTs!”

We don’t want to be discouraging him from throwing. Hell, No! 

We do want him to learn to throw properly, especially on the Deep Ball.

And we need the OC to get his head out of his arse. Like? Singletary held to 0 carries in the First Half... on that wind swept day! Are you insane?

Lots to get better. The 2nd. Half of the sked has a shortage of stiffs! 

Why are people so concerned about our light schedule?  We're halfway through the rebuild and next year will have a full team around a 3rd year QB.  Let's enjoy the fact they can make a run this year before the plan is fully complete.

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Why are people so concerned about our light schedule?  We're halfway through the rebuild and next year will have a full team around a 3rd year QB.  Let's enjoy the fact they can make a run this year before the plan is fully complete.

Because... against a non stiff, this transpired:

When the going got tough, down 13-24, exactly what happened with the franchise QB ?

* 3 & Out for 6 yards

* 6 & Out for 14 yards

* 3 & Out for 0 yards

* 3 & Out for -12 yards

* 4 & Out for 6 yards

Total for the CRITICAL last 1.5 Quarters?

5 Series, 19 Plays for 14 Yards!

15 Offensive TDs in 7 games! 

What part of that doesn’t scream inept?

1 minute ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Because... against a non stiff, this transpired:

When the going got tough, down 13-24, exactly what happened with the franchise QB ?

* 3 & Out for 6 yards

* 6 & Out for 14 yards

* 3 & Out for 0 yards

* 3 & Out for -12 yards

* 4 & Out for 6 yards

Total for the CRITICAL last 1.5 Quarters?

5 Series, 19 Plays for 14 Yards!

15 Offensive TDs in 7 games! 

What part of that doesn’t scream inept?

I, for one, am shocked that our 2nd year QB with limited weapons couldn't light up the scoreboard through the air in tropical storm force winds.