Singletary's touchdown shouldn't have counted

Coach55

The ref's let us get away with one.   On the prior play, there was a defensive pass interference non-call against John Brown.  McDermott threw the challenge flag to get it reviewed.   If you watch the highlights of the play, at the 37 second mark you see McDermott picking up the flag about a second into the play.  The ref should have blown the play dead before the play ever went off.  They discussed it afterward, but let it stand. 

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019102701/2019/REG8/eagles@bills?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019102701

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

The ref's let us get away with one.   On the prior play, there was a defensive pass interference non-call against John Brown.  McDermott threw the challenge flag to get it reviewed.   If you watch the highlights of the play, at the 37 second mark you see McDermott picking up the flag about a second into the play.  The ref should have blown the play dead before the play ever went off.  They discussed it afterward, but let it stand. 

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019102701/2019/REG8/eagles@bills?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019102701

The refs said that he threw the challenge flag after the ball was snapped. 

I was at the game today and didn’t think that was true, but that’s what the ref said at the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The refs said that he threw the challenge flag after the ball was snapped. 

I was at the game today and didn’t think that was true, but that’s what the ref said at the game. 

From my seats I saw him throw the flag prior to the snap (it was pretty close, and he picked it back up quickly). Very, very fortunate the refs didn't notice and blow the play dead

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

From my seats I saw him throw the flag prior to the snap (it was pretty close, and he picked it back up quickly). Very, very fortunate the refs didn't notice and blow the play dead

Yeah that’s what I thought too. I was so certain it wasn’t going to count that I just looked down in disappointment the moment I realized Singletary was going to score because I knew it wouldn’t count. 

40 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

McDermott should let Leslie handle the challenges and he can take over as DC..... guy is a disaster in challenges. 

90% of pi challenges are not overturned. Call it the good ole boys ref club telling the league f- you. Thank goodness they ignored his challenge. And yes his challenge track record is awful.

4 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Did the eagles punt returner lose control of the ball before he hit the ground? They didn’t show many replay angles and the ones we saw looked like he was down. 

Yeah this was the other one. They showed two angles at the game and both looked like the ball might have started to come loose on the way down but definitely didn't come out until after he was down. My cousin was watching at home and said it couldn't have been a more obvious fumble based on what they showed at home.

• Like (+1) 2