Don't Post When Angry

Virgil

There is only one thing that ticked me off today - Allen's fumble.  Protect the damn ball.  Every single play, protecting the ball is JOB ONE.  That was a game changer.  You can't give the ball away deep in your own end and win football games - ask Philadelphia (vs. Dallas).  Not at home, not on the road, not anywhere, not ever.

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, Virgil said:

At least, that's what I tell myself not to do.  But I'm about to fail miserably.  If you aren't frustrated or in the mood for a rant, it's best to just move on now.

Being a Bills fan is hard.  We have to play better than every other team within a few games of our record to be taken seriously.  Granted, after 20 years of ineptitude, we've earned that.  When you wear a Bills shirt out, in non-Bills territory, you can hear the pity when someone says: "Hey, you guys aren't doing that bad this year."  I want to tell them to shove their pity up their ass.  The Bills are the team you pick to lose unless they are playing a bottom 5 team.  Until we prove otherwise, and do it convincingly, we are a .333-.450 team.

For example, no one cares that the Browns blew out the Ravens.  Why?  Because the Ravens have played complete games this season.  The Ravens have made the playoffs more seasons than they've missed.  That blow-out loss to the Browns can simply be dismissed as an off day against a division opponent.  Yet, we are 5-2 who beaten anyone and they are going to win their division while all is well.

We are coming up on the second half of the season, and to me, this is where coaches earn their paychecks.  This is why we've been 5-2 in years past and failed miserably.  Teams adjusted to us, but we didn't adjust back.  We've had offenses that were lighting up the league with Bledsoe and Chan, only to completely fizzle out in comedic fashion.  Once you reach week 8, teams have enough film to break down tendencies and whatever else.  So, when I see a Bills team that continues to come out of the gates flat at both the open and halftime, it gives me zero confidence they can make the big season adjustments.  I don't think Daboll is capable of fitting our scheme to our players.  He doesn't use any of our receivers more than 5 yards down field other than Brown or the occasional deep shot.  He thinks he's still coaching the Pats or Alabama where TE's and FB's magically play like Moss.  

Today sucked because, as Bills fans, we are tired of being perceived as we are.  And before anyone tries to say, it's only one game, don't take it personally, etc; you are posting on a Bills forum where you have an avatar, rep, and probably a signature.  It's more to us here, right or wrong.  Today was about slamming home the point that we are finally a different Bills team with a better coaching staff and players.  That if you see us on your schedule, no matter who you are and what your record may be, that you should be genuinely worried.  That the networks should be hoping to get us on primetime. 

But more importantly, for us fans, so you can believe you are going to see a complete game played more often than not.  That losses happen, but you can expect them to get em next time.  That our expensive defensive and offensive lines are going to knock the ***** out of the other team.  That you can be disappointed if we DON'T make the playoffs.  

I'm done.  It's out.  It's been bottling up since the game.  I hated my BBFS all morning because it was strong.  I kept reading what everyone had to say on here and thought, it could be different.  But it fought back and that sinking feeling returned once the game started.  Even down 4, when you thought the 2019 Bills would kick it into gear and win the 2nd half, Thanos caught the returning hammer and beat us with it.  Yes, I went there.

Good evening everyone.  Let's sleep it off.

Holy hell...

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Now there are threads with people telling us to not post because the team played poorly.  

Glad these weren't around 10 or so years ago.  No one would have been able to say anything most weeks in those seasons. 

Where?  This one’s just saying you should get your anger under control first.

Edited by oldmanfan

47 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I mean.... I don’t need to sleep it off. I’m good.

got our butts whooped. It happens. We’ll 6-2 and grinning next week after a good ole fashion “get right” game 

onward and upward. 

Here's a man who has his head on straight,  despite the fact that he prefers ranch over blue cheese. 

Sheesh people... it's the NFL, which just swings wildly every week for every team not named the Patriots, who have clearly signed a deal with the Devil with all the serendipitous bounces that ALWAYS seem to go their way.

Had to see this coming. Today was super disappointing, but it was almost bound to happen with the wins we've been eeking out.

But that doesn't mean we aren't a good team.

The Eagles just exposed the Bills for a weakness Miami demonstrated we had last week. I'm most interested to see what our coaches do in response next week. And the week after. And so on.

Team got outcoached in every phase today.

Daboll abandoning the consistent motions in the backfield with McKenzie, which was an integral part of the offense. McDermott going for it on 4th and 10 in FG territory. The entire defense being completely unprepared for the run and screen passes.

But that also doesn't mean our coaches suck.

We're 5-2 and I COMPLETELY understand the ominous feeling right now.

But one plus I think we can generally take from today is the most important one perhaps regarding the Franchise moving forward: Josh Allen. His fumbles were untimely and really unfortunate, but as far as his passing goes, he's making pretty good decisions and is mostly accurate, deep balls notwithstanding, though I don't think in the wind today you can blame those deep misses.

And this team needs to clean up their damn penalties!!! Another issue with coaching. And Lee Smith, who should be cut.

But come on now. Take a deep breath. This isn't 2008 or 2011...

I think  :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3

Image result for bill baxter turning into hulk

42 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Now there are threads with people telling us to not post because the team played poorly.  

Glad these weren't around 10 or so years ago.  No one would have been able to say anything most weeks in those seasons. 

Actually he said don't post when angry.  So if a loss makes you happy feel free to post.

Edited by Azucho98

The reason I do not get upset at an “occasional” loss, or with this loss in particular  is because:

(1) I do not have expectations that are unrealistic. I do not expect the Bills to win all home games or all non-New England games. I expected the Bills to lose about 6 or 7 this year. This likely still will happen. 

(2) I expect on any given Thursday, Sunday or Monday there to be upsets, as not always does the better team win, and this is because of mistakes,  wrong calls, bad luck, injuries, bad weather, momentum, slightly more motivation. etc.

(3) People often assume that if a team loses, they did not give either the effort or they think the coaching decisions were awful. Not always. For many losses, the team could have played their best, orbhad sound game plans, but that other team just played better.

Those who critique “every loss” are unrealistic. Most games have 3 point spreads. It is hard winning in this now parity league.

(4) For blowout losses, I feel better for those than close losses. If we get our rears kicked, then maybe more lessons will be learned, and any over confidence prior, be now tamed. 

(5) Yes, we had had like 17 years of no playoffs, before heading there 2 years ago, so I get any frustration, here we go again,  or victim mentality. But, I have faith in McD and Beane, and where we are heading. Getting to the playoffs that first year under them, and heading in that direction again this year, I have bought in. Making the playoffs seems like an obtainable goal this year, based on our weaker schedule, and record. And  winning a playoff game is realistic too, if we gel as a team, get some luck, learn from things. 

(6) I do not care if we beat bad teams or great teams, nor the score, as long as we win enough games and get to the playoffs. I do not care what the media thinks about  us, otherwise. Do you think New England’s image is tainted from beating up on the AFC East year after year? Nobody cares at years end who beat who, and how they looked in their Wins. All they care about is wins and losses, at seasons end.

(7) Whenever the Bills lose I focus on something good about the team, or some good about a player or group of players

For this game, I focused on Allen. I did not focus on his fumble, low completion percentage, or low yardage. I focused on his two more TD passes, and 0 INTs. In the last 3 games, he is 6TDs, 1 INT there.

(8) Most players and coaches are likely trying their absolute best each game. Critiquing them too much thus seems to serve no purpose. Some players are just not as good as others, or it takes them longer time to learn. They have families too. And they are likely their worst critics, for if they mess up. No need to pile on.

(9) If all else fails, I use Humor. This does not mean I do not get a little down after a loss, but within minutes I am over it, because of positive thinking, or from using some humor. 

(10) There are other things in life to be happy about, when our expectations for a game fails to materialize. Life is as happy as we want it to be. 

(11) Next week, Washington will be toast. 

25 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sheesh people... it's the NFL, which just swings wildly every week for every team not named the Patriots, who have clearly signed a deal with the Devil with all the serendipitous bounces that ALWAYS seem to go their way.

Had to see this coming. Today was super disappointing, but it was almost bound to happen with the wins we've been eeking out.

But that doesn't mean we aren't a good team.

The Eagles just exposed the Bills for a weakness Miami demonstrated we had last week. I'm most interested to see what our coaches do in response next week. And the week after. And so on.

Team got outcoached in every phase today.

Daboll abandoning the consistent motions in the backfield with McKenzie, which was an integral part of the offense. McDermott going for it on 4th and 10 in FG territory. The entire defense being completely unprepared for the run and screen passes.

But that also doesn't mean our coaches suck.

We're 5-2 and I COMPLETELY understand the ominous feeling right now.

But one plus I think we can generally take from today is the most important one perhaps regarding the Franchise moving forward: Josh Allen. His fumbles were untimely and really unfortunate, but as far as his passing goes, he's making pretty good decisions and is mostly accurate, deep balls notwithstanding, though I don't think in the wind today you can blame those deep misses.

And this team needs to clean up their damn penalties!!! Another issue with coaching. And Lee Smith, who should be cut.

But come on now. Take a deep breath. This isn't 2008 or 2011...

I think  :thumbsup:

This isn’t 2008 or 2011 until week 17.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Theres nothing remotely childish about what I’m posting. I’m not attacking any individual posters or calling them names. I’m just telling the truth about this fraudulent team and some of you have a problem with it.

It's hard to win in the nfl

• Thank you (+1) 1