Don't Post When Angry

Virgil

23 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

I don't disagree with anything you've said, but there's just no excuse for putting the ball on the ground.  It's not something you see the Patriots doing routinely.  Serious teams protect the football.  Serious players protect the football.  I like the direction Buffalo is going, on the whole, but I can't take a team seriously wherein its players don't understand protecting the football is paramount to all else.  It just can't happen.

You don't think they understand that?  Don't be silly.  He got hit.  He fumbled.  It happens whether we like it or not.

17 hours ago, Virgil said:

At least, that's what I tell myself not to do.  But I'm about to fail miserably.  If you aren't frustrated or in the mood for a rant, it's best to just move on now.

Being a Bills fan is hard.  We have to play better than every other team within a few games of our record to be taken seriously.  Granted, after 20 years of ineptitude, we've earned that.  When you wear a Bills shirt out, in non-Bills territory, you can hear the pity when someone says: "Hey, you guys aren't doing that bad this year."  I want to tell them to shove their pity up their ass.  The Bills are the team you pick to lose unless they are playing a bottom 5 team.  Until we prove otherwise, and do it convincingly, we are a .333-.450 team.

For example, no one cares that the Browns blew out the Ravens.  Why?  Because the Ravens have played complete games this season.  The Ravens have made the playoffs more seasons than they've missed.  That blow-out loss to the Browns can simply be dismissed as an off day against a division opponent.  Yet, we are 5-2 who beaten anyone and they are going to win their division while all is well.

We are coming up on the second half of the season, and to me, this is where coaches earn their paychecks.  This is why we've been 5-2 in years past and failed miserably.  Teams adjusted to us, but we didn't adjust back.  We've had offenses that were lighting up the league with Bledsoe and Chan, only to completely fizzle out in comedic fashion.  Once you reach week 8, teams have enough film to break down tendencies and whatever else.  So, when I see a Bills team that continues to come out of the gates flat at both the open and halftime, it gives me zero confidence they can make the big season adjustments.  I don't think Daboll is capable of fitting our scheme to our players.  He doesn't use any of our receivers more than 5 yards down field other than Brown or the occasional deep shot.  He thinks he's still coaching the Pats or Alabama where TE's and FB's magically play like Moss.  

Today sucked because, as Bills fans, we are tired of being perceived as we are.  And before anyone tries to say, it's only one game, don't take it personally, etc; you are posting on a Bills forum where you have an avatar, rep, and probably a signature.  It's more to us here, right or wrong.  Today was about slamming home the point that we are finally a different Bills team with a better coaching staff and players.  That if you see us on your schedule, no matter who you are and what your record may be, that you should be genuinely worried.  That the networks should be hoping to get us on primetime. 

But more importantly, for us fans, so you can believe you are going to see a complete game played more often than not.  That losses happen, but you can expect them to get em next time.  That our expensive defensive and offensive lines are going to knock the ***** out of the other team.  That you can be disappointed if we DON'T make the playoffs.  

I'm done.  It's out.  It's been bottling up since the game.  I hated my BBFS all morning because it was strong.  I kept reading what everyone had to say on here and thought, it could be different.  But it fought back and that sinking feeling returned once the game started.  Even down 4, when you thought the 2019 Bills would kick it into gear and win the 2nd half, Thanos caught the returning hammer and beat us with it.  Yes, I went there.

Good evening everyone.  Let's sleep it off.

Great Post, I completely agree. The Bills have a bad habit of turning me into a little kid when they lose. Yesterday was a great opportunity to show the rest of the NFL we have arrived but yet again this team laid an egg in an important statement game. They proved all the doubters and haters correct. I just hope that the team are embarrassed for being comprehensively outworked and outscored for 60 minutes and come out with something to prove in the next game.

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

Today was about slamming home the point that we are finally a different Bills team with a better coaching staff and players.  That if you see us on your schedule, no matter who you are and what your record may be, that you should be genuinely worried.  That the networks should be hoping to get us on primetime. 

My goodness what makes you think any of this is true?  Yes, they have to play the schedule as given, but the schedule is soft to say the least.

Networks should be hoping to get in primetime?????  The defense is generally sound (yesterday notwithstanding), but what network is going to want this Bills offense in prime time?

My opinion is you bought the 5-1 hype a tad too much.Thinking with your heart as a Bills fan tends to get it ripped out and stomped on as you know :)

Your other post was spot on in all 10 points.  Glad you slept it off successfully :)  On to the skins!