Don't Post When Angry

Virgil

I’ve been watching them since 64-65.   Long time. 

I finally reached the point where I am not raving mad over a game like this.  The Eagles are better.  Their coaching staff won an super Bowl.  The Eagles came out angry and straightened out their ship.  It happens.   

We are 5-2 and fortunate to have played some patsies.  I just want to take advantage of an easy schedule, watch the young guys develop and hopefully gain some playoff experience.   My expectations are no higher for this season.  Super Bowl, no division, no home playoff game, not yet.   Just win 10 and get in.  

We have  holes all over this roster.   We still need help at OT, WR, DL, and a legit 2CB.  We are also thin at RB and LB, Lorenzo and Gore will be retiring.  

Another draft and a few FA pickups will get us closer, all assuming that Allen continues developing.  

Relax everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Theres nothing remotely childish about what I’m posting. I’m not attacking any individual posters or calling them names. I’m just telling the truth about this fraudulent team and some of you have a problem with it.

What I've learned about this statement is NO, you're not telling the truth! You're simply stating your opinion. And that's cool. That's what this place is for. Got it. Just telling the truth.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

At least, that's what I tell myself not to do.  But I'm about to fail miserably.  If you aren't frustrated or in the mood for a rant, it's best to just move on now.

Being a Bills fan is hard.  We have to play better than every other team within a few games of our record to be taken seriously.  Granted, after 20 years of ineptitude, we've earned that.  When you wear a Bills shirt out, in non-Bills territory, you can hear the pity when someone says: "Hey, you guys aren't doing that bad this year."  I want to tell them to shove their pity up their ass.  The Bills are the team you pick to lose unless they are playing a bottom 5 team.  Until we prove otherwise, and do it convincingly, we are a .333-.450 team.

For example, no one cares that the Browns blew out the Ravens.  Why?  Because the Ravens have played complete games this season.  The Ravens have made the playoffs more seasons than they've missed.  That blow-out loss to the Browns can simply be dismissed as an off day against a division opponent.  Yet, we are 5-2 who beaten anyone and they are going to win their division while all is well.

We are coming up on the second half of the season, and to me, this is where coaches earn their paychecks.  This is why we've been 5-2 in years past and failed miserably.  Teams adjusted to us, but we didn't adjust back.  We've had offenses that were lighting up the league with Bledsoe and Chan, only to completely fizzle out in comedic fashion.  Once you reach week 8, teams have enough film to break down tendencies and whatever else.  So, when I see a Bills team that continues to come out of the gates flat at both the open and halftime, it gives me zero confidence they can make the big season adjustments.  I don't think Daboll is capable of fitting our scheme to our players.  He doesn't use any of our receivers more than 5 yards down field other than Brown or the occasional deep shot.  He thinks he's still coaching the Pats or Alabama where TE's and FB's magically play like Moss.  

Today sucked because, as Bills fans, we are tired of being perceived as we are.  And before anyone tries to say, it's only one game, don't take it personally, etc; you are posting on a Bills forum where you have an avatar, rep, and probably a signature.  It's more to us here, right or wrong.  Today was about slamming home the point that we are finally a different Bills team with a better coaching staff and players.  That if you see us on your schedule, no matter who you are and what your record may be, that you should be genuinely worried.  That the networks should be hoping to get us on primetime. 

But more importantly, for us fans, so you can believe you are going to see a complete game played more often than not.  That losses happen, but you can expect them to get em next time.  That our expensive defensive and offensive lines are going to knock the ***** out of the other team.  That you can be disappointed if we DON'T make the playoffs.  

I'm done.  It's out.  It's been bottling up since the game.  I hated my BBFS all morning because it was strong.  I kept reading what everyone had to say on here and thought, it could be different.  But it fought back and that sinking feeling returned once the game started.  Even down 4, when you thought the 2019 Bills would kick it into gear and win the 2nd half, Thanos caught the returning hammer and beat us with it.  Yes, I went there.

Good evening everyone.  Let's sleep it off.

Take care man. No Joking. Look forward to your input tomorrow. 

Good post. The responses indicate that some people spend waaaaaaay too much time worried about what other poster's think/feel. 

It was an awful performance. It happened. It's not good. It raises some red flags about the team in general. And it's perfectly reasonable to surmise as much. 

But that's like, my opinion, dude.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Theres nothing remotely childish about what I’m posting. I’m not attacking any individual posters or calling them names. I’m just telling the truth about this fraudulent team and some of you have a problem with it.

Did you address this in your “this is the year boys” thread ? ??

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was hard to watch that 83-yard eight minute drive where the Eagles ran the ball down the Bills' throat. That was where I really began to feel this is just like all the other Bills teams that started hot and then folded.

The next game will be interesting if only to see if the team can pick themselves off the ground and play a good game. It's on the coaches, mostly. It will tell us something about them and the team. 

If instead they crap the bed and lose, even in a close game, and go into a three-game slide, it will be deja vu all over again. 

Don't ever lay your heart out on the line with this team. 

Edited by Dr. K

Eh, I’m always angry. The losses don’t bother me as much as fans ignoring this team has serious issues on offense and claiming everything will be okay with that particular unit. They haven’t shown that in 20+ years. They’re 7 games in and still look to be as if they’re in preseason mode. The fans have to hold this team to a higher standard. 

Also, McDermott hangs his hat as being a defensive coach but under him the Bills have now allowed 200 yards rushing in a game five times under Sean McDermott. They did that four times combined under Mike Pettine, Jim Schwartz and Rex Ryan. Where do the Bills stand after getting pounded by the Eagles. Don’t tell me they’re rebuilding and headed in the right direction. They’re in year 3 and look the same as they did in year 1.

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills are still not a dominant team. And of course I'm pissed about it. But as much as I want the team to win NOW, next game, this year, I realize the future is bright. Lots of potential stars in our youngsters, and the salary cap situation is really good. Daboll and the coaches have had me clapping in joy in some games and steaming today. But they are still good. Great? Nope. Can they be? Hopefully! But we just don't know.

Saints, GB, SF, Cheats, KC, Rams are all another tier up. But put the Bills against the Eagles 10 times and I'm sure they win at least 4 out of 10. It was a very competitive game. The Allen fumble and the 65 yard run ended up being the difference.

Bills are already top 12, and thus playoff caliber. But the difference between winning and losing are so slim, and so far the luck has been on the Bills' side. And as the team has done very well overall in the 2nd half, I feel they should likely adjust well for the 2nd half of the season too. We'll see.

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Eh, I’m always angry. The losses don’t bother me as much as fans ignoring this team has serious issues on offense and claiming to say everything will be okay with that particular unit. They haven’t shown that in 20+ years. They’re 7 games in and still look to be as if they’re in preseason mode. The fans have to hold this team to a higher standard. 

Also, McDermott hangs his hat as being a defensive coach but under him the Bills have now allowed 200 yards rushing in a game five times under Sean McDermott. They did that four times combined under Mike Pettine, Jim Schwartz and Rex Ryan. Where do the Bills stand after getting pounded by the Eagles. Don’t tell me they’re rebuilding and headed in the right direction. They’re in year 3 and look the same as they did in year 1.

But Allen is improving and you have to trust the process.?

Allen may be getting better, but the offense should be much better then what they are. Between bad play calling and playing not to lose they haven't helped the defense much. To win in the NFL now you need to score points. With the way the rules are now it's a lot easier to score then it is to defend. 

I know a lot of you are fans from the Rockpile days that loved a defense first team. Its 2019, teams with conservative offense and supposed top defense doesn't win a lot of games. 

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Most posters at this board would rather attack you or other posters than view the team/organization itself in an objective fashion.

It's really weird, but that's how it is.

I think posters combine their sense of self with that of the team, get the two confused, and then can't separate them.  So an attack on the organization is perceived as a slight against them.

Then you have the weird phenomenon of the fan who is only here to "feel good" and celebrate positive things when they happen, but doesn't want to embrace bad things when they happen as well.  These fans are out of touch with reality, and apparently like it that way.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

But come on now. Take a deep breath. This isn't 2008 or 2011...

I think  :thumbsup:

In both of those seasons flaws were exposed and subsequently exploited over (EDIT: a large portion of the schedule).  Unless they get cleaned up by next week, future opponents are sure to replicate what happened today and last week.  The issue is, Buffalo doesn't have the personnel.  

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

I’ve been watching them since 64-65.   Long time. 

I finally reached the point where I am not raving mad over a game like this.  The Eagles are better.  Their coaching staff won an super Bowl.  The Eagles came out angry and straightened out their ship.  It happens.   

We are 5-2 and fortunate to have played some patsies.  I just want to take advantage of an easy schedule, watch the young guys develop and hopefully gain some playoff experience.   My expectations are no higher for this season.  Super Bowl, no division, no home playoff game, not yet.   Just win 10 and get in.  

We have  holes all over this roster.   We still need help at OT, WR, DL, and a legit 2CB.  We are also thin at RB and LB, Lorenzo and Gore will be retiring.  

Another draft and a few FA pickups will get us closer, all assuming that Allen continues developing.  

Relax everyone. 

Doug Peterson took the Eagles to a SB win in his 2nd season as HC.  He did so after taking over from another HC who had made his share of mistakes and was unceremoniously fired.

Funny thing is, this answer is a stock response I've seen for years.  People identify the positions Buffalo is weak at without acknowledging that the decision makers are equally as weak.  Problems aren't solved, the result is average or thereabouts, and the cycle is repeated.  

It's getting closer to the point where McBeane's strategy for building this team should be scrutinized more.

Edited by BillsVet

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Your truth may not exactly jive with some of the rest of us who believe the truth to be different about this team. Time will tell. Am I upset/disappointed about today? Of course. But to call the 2019 Bills fraudulent? No need to go a bridge too far. Case in point—guess who beat these same Eagles for their ONLY win so far? The hapless other birds of prey, the Falcons. Does that mean we are worse than the 1-7 Falcons? C’mon man. It’s the NFL, any given Sunday and all that. Next week should make us all feel better again. 

• Like (+1) 1