Defense needs to get some turnovers

This team just does not get enough turnovers,  where are strip sacks or fumbles? Starts with defensive cordinator Frazier,  not enough blitzes or coaching our players to attack the football to force fumbles. Seems like our offence is always having to go the full length of field to score points. 

One of the best ways to help a young QB is give him a short field

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

This team just does not get enough turnovers,  where are strip sacks or fumbles? Starts with defensive cordinator Frazier,  not enough blitzes or coaching our players to attack the football to force fumbles. Seems like our offence is always having to go the full length of field to score points. 

Lack of pressure and not stopping the run makes it hard to get turnovers 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They got a short field after the STs takeaway and did zilch....

That was not our defense,  when have we forced a fumble or strip sacked the QB?   Like i thought the first round pick Oliver was suppose to cause havoc and make plays,  great/elite defenses make big plays and cause turnovers

Just now, TheProcess said:

Hughes has basically been invisible on pass rush. He’s all we really have there. Don’t get consistent enough pressure and sacks on a QB to force turnovers. 

This.   Hughes has been very average or below average.  No one is beating their man.   We need a pass rusher badly. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Offense also needs to score more points. Why does Josh Allen constantly need more “help?” Can he or will he ever help himself? More excuse making. Tre White saved the game last week with 2 turnovers. 

Edited by JoPar_v2

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

This.   Hughes has been very average or below average.  No one is beating their man.   We need a pass rusher badly. 

Jerry seems to get tied up a lot now.  I don’t see him getting an edge on tackles anymore

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

That was not our defense,  when have we forced a fumble or strip sacked the QB?   Like i thought the first round pick Oliver was suppose to cause havoc and make plays,  great/elite defenses make big plays and cause turnovers

No kidding, but it was a short field. I’d love to see more takeaways, but this probably wasn’t going to be a game where they could get many anyway. The wind kept things close to the vest, and the Bills could not man up today in that style. This defense is good, but not elite. They don’t have a star DT or pass rusher yet to give them lots of those plays. Their offense doesn’t score much, so teams can play a safer style too. 

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

Passes to backs are because QB'S have time to look through first and second options,  way too much time.  I know Sean took over defensive play calling from Frazier at one point last season for the same reason.  

I’m more worried about the defense stopping the run up the middle at this point. Teams are gonna catch on and game plan for that. Long drives wear them down, and you can’t blame the O for that. Our O is in the building process so sitting on the bench doesn’t help them out

22 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I’m more worried about the defense stopping the run up the middle at this point. Teams are gonna catch on and game plan for that. Long drives wear them down, and you can’t blame the O for that. Our O is in the building process so sitting on the bench doesn’t help them out

This.. The blueprint is out there now. Philthy saw it watching the Miami game. 

30 minutes ago, BananaB said:

yeah 66 yards up the guy for a TD. With your 10M space eating DT two yards blown off the ball on his back. 

36 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Hughes has basically been invisible on pass rush. He’s all we really have there. Don’t get consistent enough pressure and sacks on a QB to force turnovers. 

Hughes was invisible today and basically has been all year. Murphy & Lawson are mediocre pass rushers and Lorax is starting to show his age. We will need DL/DE help next year. Not sure if Ed is really a 1 tech? All I know is we got shredded on the ground last week & today. The LB positioning will also have to be addressed......

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Invisible against a rookie LT too.  Not good.

• Like (+1) 1