A Message of Calm from a Josh Allen Skeptic...

BigDingus

At some point, Allen is going to have to take over a game and dominate. He really hasn’t done it. He’s had moments, flashes, drives, quarters, and even halves. But he hasn’t exploded yet and just dominated. Maybe that’s too much to expect at this point, maybe it’s not his fault, but that’s what I’m waiting for with Allen. 

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Very nice post dude, it's not Allen or anyone else I'm concerned about. It's the coaching staff, mainly on the offensive side of the ball.

I knew going into the season our receivers would be an issue.

What I didn’t expect was the TE position to be almost nonexistent. I’m done with Knox. He can’t catch on a consistent basis. I don’t think it’s a fluke any longer. Every game he drops one he shouldn’t at critical times. I hope Kroft can step up.

Then there is Beasely. He also drops entirely too many passes. For the second week he didn’t get his head around soon enough on a slant. Going in I though he would be a bread and butter guy but I still don’t have faith in him.

Daboll doesn’t have any rhyme or reason to his play calling. I don’t see anyone else posting this but we should be running the ball repeatedly when we are in that groove. This team and Gore have shown the ability to move it on the ground and if they would EVER use Singletary early and consistently we might be in a better position.

Gosh Darn Josh Allen... he allowed 31 points today and he couldn't stop the run!!!

And, he didn't block very well for the Bills run game!!!

Not only that, just because he led the team in rushing doesn't mean the OC didn't call enough run plays in the rain...what a...

I agree with this. He should have held onto the ball on the fumble. But the playcall sucked and Mitch Morse's attempted block was laughably bad. 

Other than that moment today was not on Josh. Is he quite ready to win a shootout yet? No. But that shouldn't be a shock. This was on lots of other people before it was on Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, dubs said:

At some point, Allen is going to have to take over a game and dominate. He really hasn’t done it. He’s had moments, flashes, drives, quarters, and even halves. But he hasn’t exploded yet and just dominated. Maybe that’s too much to expect at this point, maybe it’s not his fault, but that’s what I’m waiting for with Allen. 

I just don't feel like that can happen with the current offensive system thats in place.  Allen could come out in a drive and throw 6-7 completed passes, move the ball and then they'll run 2 rushing plays in a row for total of 3 yards, get a false start penalty and not convert a 3rd and long.   Poor play calling, dropped passes and penalties and then Allen has to continually deal with 3rd and long situations all game long.  Odds are against any QB in that situation.  

12 minutes ago, dubs said:

This is fair. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This game today had nothing to do with Josh and everything to do with Dumbell.  This OC is destroying this team and Josh's development one game at a time. Changes will come.....

The Penalties are stupid drive killing mistakes that are hurting the offense! Where's the discipline?

The lack of building a power run game with two really good RBs. Singletarty averaging 6.3 Yards per carry average! Gore 8 carries. Singletary 3 carries...meanwhile the Eagles rushed 41 times for 218 yards. WTF!

Good thing Matt Miliano was back as he led the team in tackles with 13 TOT, 10 solo.

Dumbell needs to stop making the QB the focal point of the offense and run that damn ball! 

33 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This game today had nothing to do with Josh and everything to do with Dumbell.  This OC is destroying this team and Josh's development one game at a time. Changes will come.....

That QB run call on 3rd and short after the 2:00 warning was mind boggling. Totally asinine and unoriginal play call on a wet and windy day deep on your side of the field is inexcusable. Oh, and BTW the D was playing well before that deflating play that turned momentum and eventually the game.

Edited by billsbackto81

50 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yeah, that sub-50% completion percentage and putting the ball on the carpet 3 times had nothing to do with the outcome of this game.

D got run over in 2nd half and that played a role here too, along with our own run game not working well.

But suggesting Allen isn't involved here is just a defense mechanism to make you feel better about where the team stands.

large.98D028CF-260A-40F4-8F0F-D909839ECACA.gif.11391d45e816d41a45f0452c28faf504.gif

Allen doesn’t play defensive line. Also, did you notice how many drops there were today? Go tell the fishes that it’s all Allen’s fault.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The Penalties are stupid drive killing mistakes that are hurting the offense! Where's the discipline?

The lack of building a power run game with two really good RBs. Singletarty averaging 6.3 Yards per carry average! Gore 8 carries. Singletary 3 carries...meanwhile the Eagles rushed 41 times for 218 yards. WTF!

Good thing Matt Miliano was back as he led the team in tackles with 13 TOT, 10 solo.

Dumbell needs to stop making the QB the focal point of the offense and run that damn ball! 

Today I agree on the playcalling. It was not good. I still fundamentally disagree with how you want to run this offense though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Allen has become tentative throwing the ball the last few weeks.   He's so worried about throwing picks that he's like a hermet crawling in its shell.  You can see him second guess himself a lot in the pocket. 

Guys are open, and they are open a lot.  He's not delivering. 

Allen is a game manager, not a passer of the football.  He will not take games over passing the ball any time soon, if ever. 

The great ones would have shown that at some point in their career already, he hasn't.  

Can he grow?   Maybe.  But at this point in his career, with upgraded WRs, and offensive line, one would expect to see a breakout performance.  It hasn't come. 

He's beginning to look like a major liability out there.   Week after week of turnovers and lack of big plays are more than concerning at this point. 

Meanwhile Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, Minshew, and others, continue to look light-years ahead. 

Im concerned.....greatly. 

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Allen has become tentative throwing the ball the last few weeks.   He's so worried about throwing picks that he's like a hermet crawling in its shell.  You can see him second guess himself a lot in the pocket. 

Guys are open, and they are open a lot.  He's not delivering. 

Allen is a game manager, not a passer of the football.  He will not take games over passing the ball any time soon, if ever. 

The great ones would have shown that at some point in their career already, he hasn't.  

Can he grow?   Maybe.  But at this point in his career, with upgraded WRs, and offensive line, one would expect to see a breakout performance.  It hasn't come. 

He's beginning to look like a major liability out there.   Week after week of turnovers and lack of big plays are more than concerning at this point. 

Meanwhile Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, Minshew, and others, continue to look light-years ahead. 

Im concerned.....greatly. 

Um, Brees hadn’t shown it this early.  Just as an example. That said, they need to take the handcuffs off and give Allen the keys to the car.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Um, Brees hadn’t shown it this early.  Just as an example. That said, they need to take the handcuffs off and give Allen the keys to the car.

Agree, he needs to be able to sling it, but he's become tentative because of the numerous ints this season that have hurt the team. 

Comparing Allen to Brees is insanity.   Brees has always been dominant.   He was one of the best Qbs in the nation in college, and set several college passing records that have still yet to be broken. 

Just now, TwistofFate said:

Agree, he needs to be able to sling it, but he's become tentative because of the numerous ints this season that have hurt the team. 

Comparing Allen to Brees is insanity.   Brees has always been dominant.   He was one of the best Qbs in the nation in college, and set several college passing records that have still yet to be broken. 

No after his first couple years Brees was still figuring it out.  That said, I think they need to give Allen the keys to the car and let him drive.  Including more audibles.

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

Allen needs a real #1 receiver, not a #2 masquerading as a #1.

Yeah. I love John Brown. He's been a real find, but we rarely see him being used as a deep threat. Beasley's doing his job, but he's limited. But today we saw McD and Daboll had to make a difficult choice: try to bring the deep ball back by making Foster active, or try to keep the threat of the jet sweep and screen that McKenzie brings us. They couldn't have both. Duke was a nonfactor. Kroft finally did something, but Knox has been a liability. It's a competent offense this year, unlike last year when good things only happened when Allen improvised and forced them to happen. But it's still just not close to the better offenses talent-wise.

i think its pretty sad that we are behind on offense where we were last year after allens injury.   yes the short passes have improved and thats on josh not wonder brains play calling.  

its pretty obvious something is wrong with the offense when there is no flow to it.  I think Daboll has no clue how to utilize talent.   which is why im skeptical  that bringing in talented wrs will make much of a difference.  maybe one more play a game.  

Also it seems every week we fail to take advantage of a teams weakness.   it blows my mind how a team can be totally devoid of talent for 5 games in a certain area and we have zero ability to capitalize on it.