Offensive identity?

familykwi

What was the game plan today?  

I know what the Eagles was.  Screens.  And beat us up front.  Carson you can run with it when you can.  And pick on Wallace.

What were we trying to do?

Should have been attacking their #2 corner all day.

....but hold on.  Our #2 WR was in the CFL last year and that team is familiar with Beasley.  

I know Josh has to hold on to the ball.  But I saw the QB run coming from my chair and I was thinking "too predictable."

Edited by Big Blitz

One of my biggest issues with Daboll is his lack of a plan for Singletary. Hes capable of making guys miss yet Daboll can’t scheme up screen passes to Singletary to save his life. I’m often surprised when I even see him in the game. Why go after a RB in the 3rd round and literally have no plan for him.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Tough to do when you only get 9 carries the entire game.  We ran the ball a whole 12 times today in crap weather with our RB's.

Against a team that’s laughably bad against the pass and pretty good against the run. Also we had more than 12 called runs. The called QB runs are a part of the run game too even if you don’t like taking advantage of one of the QB’s biggest strengths. 

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Tough to do when you only get 9 carries the entire game.  We ran the ball a whole 12 times today in crap weather with our RB's.

Thank You!!!

A young QBs best friends are his running game and TEs. There seems to be NO decision to emphasize either. 
IF you are going to throw this much how about shorter digs and outs that a strong straight line thrower has a higher percentage of hitting.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Thank You!!!

A young QBs best friends are his running game and TEs. There seems to be NO decision to emphasize either. 
IF you are going to throw this much how about shorter digs and outs that a strong straight line thrower has a higher percentage of hitting.

Knox has been emphasized plenty; maybe more than he should be. Running game might be a deserved complaint but I’m also not sad that we’re among the leaders in % of offense plays that are called passes. That’s where the league is moving and that’s where we should want to be IMO especially considering our emphasis on short easy completions. Allen’s just making too many mistakes still/the offensive isn’t very talented. 

We need to run more and run with Singletary. I know we all like gore and he’s not even bad but Singletary is better. Singletary is going to be Josh Allen’s security blanket and we should start consistently using him. Gore needs to be our backup, he’s got stuff in the tank for sure but I think we have a better option. Someone else said it already but on a windy day with effective blitzes and a defense that is struggling, running the ball is the only solution. We just kept giving them the ball back.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Not sure why we don’t run the ball more with our RB’s, but it’s hard to gameplan around an inaccurate, turnover prone QB, who can’t hit a deep ball.  

Cause or O coordinator would rather have his young QB run the ball.  In this game Gore had 9 carries, Allen 8.

Edited by Azucho98

1 hour ago, wvbillsfan said:

We have an identity. We throw the ball short to intermediate. Sprinkle in the run so it doesn’t look like it’s a madden game with all passes. 

Im personally not a fan of our OC. But it’s clear we win or lose with Josh Allen. We aren’t trying to hide him at all. 

I agree. This is a passing offense. It's probably not ideal with such a young QB and motley team, but I think the hope is that it will mean faster development than a more conservative concept.

31 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Knox has been emphasized plenty;

12 of 23 targets in 7 games

3.3 targets a game with 1.7 completed

I wouldn’t call that “ plenty” unless you mean his  50 % percentage means he shouldn’t see any more targets?

There was a season where Metzelaars led the team on receptions. THAT is emphasizing Plenty.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Just now, 32ABBA said:

Singletary should be getting more touches than Gore.

Singletary could provide a massive boost to this offense in the second half of the season. I have no idea why they aren't using him more.

I don't agree. Gore has been very good and Singletary doesn't look like he can run in between the tackles well at all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

One of my biggest issues with Daboll is his lack of a plan for Singletary. Hes capable of making guys miss yet Daboll can’t scheme up screen passes to Singletary to save his life. I’m often surprised when I even see him in the game. Why go after a RB in the 3rd round and literally have no plan for him.

I didn’t watch the game and now I think I probably won’t, but did Singletary really only get three runs all game? Daboll needs to be out on notice, clean this offense up or be replaced. 

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

This... is an accurate statement.

There were a host of flaws today and last week against the Dolphins. The Bills have had a soft schedule and a fast start with no apologies for either, but have yet to prove they can hang with teams that have better records and coaching.

This team is not there yet, and has been exposed the last two weeks. Is what it is, but I think how McD handles these next few weeks will say a lot about where this organization truly is in regards to their journey to try to become a playoff-caliber team.

They may be a few pieces short, but I have always felt that a lot comes down to game planning and schemes that give the personnel you have on your roster the best chance of winning.

Will we showed today that we can't hang with the good teams. This team has some serious flaws. As soft middle on defense little pass rush, and and offense that can't get out of its own way,  can't stop committing stupid penalties and can't stop turning the ball over.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I didn’t watch the game and now I think I probably won’t, but did Singletary really only get three runs all game? Daboll needs to be out on notice, clean this offense up or be replaced. 

I think he only touched the ball once in the first half.

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

12 of 23 targets in 7 games

3.3 targets a game with 1.7 completed

I wouldn’t call that “ plenty” unless you mean his  50 % percentage means he shouldn’t see any more targets?

There was a season where Metzelaars led the team on receptions. THAT is emphasizing Plenty.

Maybe if he'd not drop passes ay key times he'd get more targets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1