Offensive identity?

familykwi

To be honest, I'm guessing here.  It's obvious we want to throw, but we have mediocre success with the passing game, therefore I don't think we have an identity.  We don't complete shots downfield, we don't control the slot.  We just make occasional completions throughout the game without any clear attempt to have real offensive control.

I really feel like we call a play, watch with curiosity to see what exactly Josh is going to do, then call something else.  In no game plan that I can think of do we seem to attack an opponent's weakness.  This offense looks very similar from game to game without much adjustment to who we're playing against.

I also hear no talk from players about how confident, or impressed they are with the game plans.

I know this team build is about grooming Josh, but what are we grooming him to be exactly?  I cannot figure it out.

• Like (+1) 2

This offense has NO Identity! Play calling is inconsistent and Dabol is constantly using JA in situations where our running backs should be pounding the ball. 

Of course we need that proven #1 Receiver on the team, but the play calling is below par. 

Passing yardage statistics, although not the definitive Measuring stick for a QB, does show not only the ability of a QB but also Pass play selection and the downfield ability of a QB. 

I'm sorry but Dabol has to be replaced. It won't happen this year (too late) but it has to happen in the off season before we ruin another QB prospect. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

This offense has NO Identity! Play calling is inconsistent and Dabol is constantly using JA in situations where our running backs should be pounding the ball. 

Of course we need that proven #1 Receiver on the team, but the play calling is below par. 

Passing yardage statistics, although not the definitive Measuring stick for a QB, does show not only the ability of a QB but also Pass play selection and the downfield ability of a QB. 

I'm sorry but Dabol has to be replaced. It won't happen this year (too late) but it has to happen in the off season before we ruin another QB prospect. 

I thought they needed to dump him after last season.  Doesn't stick with what is working ...its like he's experimenting the entire game.  This offense won't be able to get out of its own way as long as he is here.  QB run on 3rd and 2 says it all.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1

That's the "genius" offense.... you know the one the guy said is the most complicated one he ever played in ever, which is what we designed for our rookie QB apparently.... and also we just throw throw throw the ball all the time. I mean I was a guy who wanted to throw it more but, I feel like our offense needs to adapt week to week based on the competition and what is working.

He puts a lot on Allen and so far Allen hasnt' quite been able to live up to it in any game really (Except maybe vs Giants?)

• Like (+1) 1

We have an identity. We throw the ball short to intermediate. Sprinkle in the run so it doesn’t look like it’s a madden game with all passes. 

Im personally not a fan of our OC. But it’s clear we win or lose with Josh Allen. We aren’t trying to hide him at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

Gore is a having solid season but he’s not the guy you want your run game to be focused around at this point in his career. Week after week we watch them stroll him out their early in games when they plan on running, then take him out in passing situations. He’s a tough back, but he’s not helping this offense get moving early in games.

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

He appears to be a problem, he’s certainly not THE problem.

This... is an accurate statement.

There were a host of flaws today and last week against the Dolphins. The Bills have had a soft schedule and a fast start with no apologies for either, but have yet to prove they can hang with teams that have better records and coaching.

This team is not there yet, and has been exposed the last two weeks. Is what it is, but I think how McD handles these next few weeks will say a lot about where this organization truly is in regards to their journey to try to become a playoff-caliber team.

They may be a few pieces short, but I have always felt that a lot comes down to game planning and schemes that give the personnel you have on your roster the best chance of winning.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Azucho98 said:

I thought they needed to dump him after last season.  Doesn't stick with what is working ...its like he's experimenting the entire game.  This offence won't be able to get out of its own way as long as he is here.  QB run on 3rd and 2 says it all.

Right? 

Most games when our running game is clicking , Dabol will then get pass happy. 

With the arm JA has and for us not to be taking shots down field is obscene and frankly, a head scratcher. 

This either points to lack of confidence in JA or the talent around him. I think it's a bit of both. 

He's not the right OC for this kid!