Bills 13, Eagles 31 postgame thread

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, Its a new day at New Era field and with it comes perhaps a better perspective on the loss Sunday against the Eagles. 

Its obvious looking back now that the weather played an important role making it impossibe to use the loss as a gauge on how good or bad of a football team Buffalo really is at this point in the season IMO. I'm not trying to make excuses and I realize both teams played in the same bad conditions. I just think Buffalo is built different then Philly making it a bad matchup in windy, slippery weather and it showed. Despite the score its not like Buffalo was blown out, at least not in my opinion. The Eagles are a playoff contender and it would not surprise me to see them go deep into the playoffs. 

The Buffalo Bills are still learning how to win and far from playing their best game.

Yes, I'm a big homer which always plays a part my opinion...

The Bills were outplayed and outclassed by a still potent Eagles team. The Eagles exposed the Bills flaws, and so did Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

The Bills were outplayed and outclassed by a still potent Eagles team. The Eagles exposed the Bills flaws, and so did Miami.

True Rocket94, exactly what other teams game plan for every week. 

I still think Buffalo is a better team then what showed up on Sunday against the Eagles. 

Edited by Figster

Just now, Figster said:

True Rocket94, exactly what other teams game plan for every week. 

I still think Buffalo is a better team then what showed on Sunday against the Eagles. 

The Bills are getting better. I love the Bills. There is just an obvious need for more talent...that DL especially.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

at best they are heading for a loss on WC weekend

a good future ahead though

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And the production is about the same with a little more passing yards but a lot more turnovers.

We drafted Allen to be the QB to take our offense to the next step, not the be what we already have been.

We aren't any better now than we were in 2017 with Taylor and Dennison.  

Taylor was also throwing a prime McCoy, Watkins, Woods... Goodwin who has had success in 49ers. 

Just now, Rocket94 said:

Yes...probably. These last two games made me take a harder look.

a playoff game seems likely now,

i'm always super cautious and have a pile of tomatoes to throw....

if i rip into them at 6-10, i will not do so at 5-2,

should be 6-2 this time next week.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Main takeaway for me from this game....

Our offense is in serious trouble

gonna be hard not to end up with 10 wins, aside from cratering injuries

they can do this with a lot of major obvious holes this season

maybe get to the AFC title game as well...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

a playoff game seems likely now,

i'm always super cautious and have a pile of tomatoes to throw....

if i rip into them at 6-10, i will not do so at 5-2,

should be 6-2 this time next week.

They should rebound. Man, they better!

3 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Main takeaway for me from this game....

Our offense is in serious trouble

The DL as well.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, arcane said:

Tyrod: 22-20

Allen: 10-8

So you want to go back to Tyrod?   Tyrod was a 4 year vet and he had a more to work with. 

Allen was a rookie that started in week #2 of his career, with the worst OL in the league and no weapons, and he finished 5-6.  He is  5--2 this year.   He already has more 4th Quarter comebacks this year than Tyrod has in his career. 

8 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I love the Bills and I don't even like talking this way. McDermott is doing a great job with what he has.

i love them too,

but they make it a severe burden 75% of the seasons....

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

So you want to go back to Tyrod?   Tyrod was a 4 year vet and he had a more to work with. 

Allen was a rookie that started in week #2 of his career, with the worst OL in the league and no weapons, and he finished 5-6.  He is  5--2 this year.   He already has more 4th Quarter comebacks this year than Tyrod has in his career. 

Here we go again with the 4th quarter comeback stuff. It’s literally all people have to cling to. 

Tyrod had a horrible defense supporting him. Allen has a significant advantage over him in that regard.

Our team averages 17ppg in Allen’s 4th quarter comeback games (including the ones from last year). So basically, our defense plays great keeping us in the game and our offense finally wakes up. Putting the amount of 4th quarter comebacks on display is wonderful until you actually look behind the curtain and see that our offense is still a problem even in those games. 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Here we go again with the 4th quarter comeback stuff. It’s literally all people have to cling to. 

Tyrod had a horrible defense supporting him. Allen has a significant advantage over him in that regard.

Our team averages 17ppg in Allen’s 4th quarter comeback games (including the ones from last year). So basically, our defense plays great keeping us in the game and our offense finally wakes up. Putting the amount of 4th quarter comebacks on display is wonderful until you actually look behind the curtain and see that our offense is still a problem even in those games. 

Preferring Tyrod over Allen, or any of the top 5 QBs in that draft class, says a lot about your argument, and none of it is good. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why does Daboll deserve all the blame and not the QB executing it?  Allen has been holding the ball too long, very inaccurate of passes over 19 yards (we drafted him for his big arm) and has been careless with the football.  Allen has his moments but doesn't string these together enough which is why we aren't scoring.  Yeah we got a great redzone offense but we just never get there enough and we don't make big plays in the passing game to score outside of the 20.  

The production output is about the same.  

I think Daboll has adjusted.  Our offense changed to go short more often as opposed to last year.  Allen has been good from 1-19 yards.  But now anything above that, he's been terrible.  There was a stat in another thread were Gore has faced the 2nd most 8 man boxes.  Defensive Coordinators still don't respect our passing game, they're selling out for the run.

Defenses have figured out the 2019 Bills Offense.... Its all short throws and runs.  So they're, more and more, stacking the LOS and daring Allen to beat them deep.  And he's not been capable of that. Perhaps more concerning is that we're hardly even trying to throw deep.  Its really only a couple times each game.  Is that on Allen or Daboll that they're not throwing deep?  It's certainly on Allen that he's not getting the ball there.  But, like all things you need more attempts to get into the rhythm.   Either way the Bills need to stretch the field more or this season is going to get ugly.

• Like (+1) 1