Bills 13, Eagles 31 postgame thread

A few things that stood out. The Eagles were able to use trap blocks and misdirection to get blocks on Edmunds and Milano. Our DL was consistently overmatched and outschemed. The Eagles were able to make our offense one dimensional by shutting down our running game. Allen & our D faded down the stretch thanks in part to a lack of running on O & the ability of our D to shut down their running game. 

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s not about 1 loss. It’s about the fact that the last 2 weeks our defense has been exposed and we haven’t moved the ball all season. Anyone not worried is delusional. Unless this run defense gets fixed now and unless Dabol starts using Singletary early...we are going to have a tough time making the playoffs. If you start 5-1 in the afc this season and miss the playoffs...It’s going to be very bad. And the dolphins and Eagles both just showed the Redskins what to do against our defense. The Bills better get their ***** together fast or it could be one of the worst collapses in team history. 

The Bills have moved the ball on offense this year, your just biased.  They’re not finishing drives because we can’t execute simple screen plays.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Agreed but the D has been very bad 2 weeks in a row.  Just saying.

The offense has been bad 7 straight games.  The great defensive play just kept anyone from saying it. It is an ATROCIOUS offense.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I figured we were likely to lose this one, so the result isn't that disappointing.  But the defense was absolutely terrible for the second week in a row, and I'm starting to feel like this team is quite a bit shakier than I thought it was.

We obviously weren't as good as our 5-1 record and the Eagles were better than their 3-4 record. Up until the embarrassing Daboll call and JA fumble,  the defense was playing great. The air all came out on that play. You could see it. The whole team let down from there out. This awful Daboll offense is a major problem. Changes have to be made. This JA progression will be slow. Our ST is garbage. 

Honest question on an obviously polarizing issue: what do JA backers see as progress vs. last years missteps from Josh? 

I personally (my opinion) think that he is a sub-par starting NFL QB. I don't think his ability to produce 'off the cuff' is a sustainable way to win games in the long-term. He is careless and doesn't seem to be able to operate within the confines of a normal offense. I see very little improvement in the worrying areas of his game last year. His college analysis by most draft analysts reads like Nostradamus. Capable of amazing plays, innacurate, not disciplined, etc. I don't see him as someone that is going to change. 

What are supporters clinging to? 

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

A few things that stood out. The Eagles were able to use trap blocks and misdirection to get blocks on Edmunds and Milano. Our DL was consistently overmatched and outschemed. The Eagles were able to make our offense one dimensional by shutting down our running game. Allen & our D faded down the stretch thanks in part to a lack of running on O & the ability of our D to shut down their running game. 

And that is why you are the Doctor.

I'm not gonna panic, and this loss was bad, but some of the play calling was just bad. They took one deep shot to foster. Yes it was windy, but who cares. This team needs to be a bit more creative on offense. The defense was bad today I know, but you have to score more than 13 points. 

13 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I guess the positives from the game would be we’re still 5-2 and in great shape in the AFC, and we didn’t appear to have any disastrous injuries. If I’m Beane I’m calling Atlanta tomorrow morning and pricing Vic Beasley and seeing the haul for deion Jones if he can be had. This defense needs a energy boost.  Atlanta should be blowing things up. 

I wouldn't hate Beasley.