Bills 13, Eagles 31 postgame thread

The season is not over.  This team (as many others have) can improve and turn into a better team as the season goes on.

It is not appropriate to say they are a 100% paper tiger.  But, it should be looked at the fact their wins are against a mediocre Titans team, a narrow win over the Jets, 2 wins over probably the 2 worst teams in the league (fins and bengals) and a bad Giants team.  So they haven't beaten a 'top half of the league' team yet...but they have only played 2 of them so far.

This team, right now, MAY not be (probably isn't) a legit threat to win playoff games.....but they they can get better as the season goes on.

As per usual, some fans are super exuberant after every win and think the Bills are a superbowl contender...other fans are always negative and scream as loud as they can the team is a joke after every loss.  The truth, as usual, is someplace in the middle, championed by the silent majority (or at least plurality)

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Most people who aren't being willfully ignorant already knew this. 

Others will always deflect until the record finally reflects the team's quality, then blame everyone but the QB. 

Just remember, regardless of who the QB was, those people were there defending JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Nathan Peterman, Brian Brohm, Jeff Tuel, Trent Edwards, EJ Manuel, Tyrod Taylor, etc. and instead blaming the skill position players, the O-line, the OC, the HC, the defense, or anyone else to try & convince themselves the QB wasn't a huge issue.

Allen didn't play awful today, but his horrible turnovers, bad sacks, not seeing open receivers and inability to stretch the field deep have been huge factors all year, regardless of if we win or lose. It was always going to catch up with us.

I like how you let the Defense off the hook as it fits your agenda.

The play lost in all of this? Foster on that deep pass. If he comes back to the ball he either draws PI or makes a long catch. Instead it drops a yard back. After that the run where Josh fumbles and the Eagles score. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Exposed!!!! Coaches and players!!! Many thought this was a team a move or two away.....Truth is, probably only 60% of the rebuilding is complete.

If only 60% of the rebuilding is complete, then they have failed.  It's been 4 years...

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Redskins will get right against us too.  Peterson for 140 and 2TDs

Like I said in another thread, the middle of the Bills D is as soft as tissue paper.   Peterson will have a field day and look like 10 years ago AP

I guess the positives from the game would be we’re still 5-2 and in great shape in the AFC, and we didn’t appear to have any disastrous injuries. If I’m Beane I’m calling Atlanta tomorrow morning and pricing Vic Beasley and seeing the haul for deion Jones if he can be had. This defense needs a energy boost.  Atlanta should be blowing things up. 

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Bills were due for a down game and Eagles are still a good team and capable of taking advantage.  This one was pretty easy to see coming.

Commence hysterical overreactions.

The Bills' down game was last week, barely beating the worst team in the NFL.