Middle of the Bills D

dorquemada

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

.I must have missed the pressure. 

Do you actually watch any games or better, the All22s before you form your firm opinions?

Oliver is by far not the biggest problem with this D

Just now, TheProcess said:

I’d be shocked if they ever moved Edmunds to OLB. Not saying they shouldn’t, but McD is incredibly stubborn. He values guys that do it “the right way”. I’m not saying it’s the best option, but I might try

the following:

1. bring big vin up from the PS and cut Peko. 
2. put Corey Thompson at MLB and move Tremaine to OLB. Milano, Thompson, and Edmunds are our best LBs. 

3. move Lorenzo to defensive end more frequently to get Murphy out of there (more frequently). 
4. give shaq a few more looks inside at DT. I like his aggression. 

2 and 3 will never happen. 

This should be the most logical moves work the pieces already in place. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

Oliver was a slam dunk pick that anyone makes. Edmunds was a bad pick. He had a mythical status regarding his athleticism but it really only appeared in straight line speed. I always thought it was sketchy that he didn't do any of the other drills at the combine, makes me think he knew he wouldnt perform well. Edmunds was slightly faster straight line at the combine but Vander Esch killed it in every other drill, the drills edmunds elected not to perform. Oh and Vander Esch actually looked good on tape it wasn't based on him capitalizing on his overhyped size and speed. I was pleasantly surprised when Edmunds looked competent earlier in the year but back to whack past couple weeks.

I wouldn't have made that pick. Small defensive tackles almost never win games. Playmakers do. Up until this week our defense was "elite". Welp...we face a good offense and just like that we suck. Meanwhile, we have 1 maybe 2 middle-of-the-road WRs that are open sometimes and a young, promising RB who we refuse to use as A F'IN RB. But hey...we got Gore so all is good

4 minutes ago, BigBobby said:

I wouldn't have made that pick. Small defensive tackles almost never win games. Playmakers do. Up until this week our defense was "elite". Welp...we face a good offense and just like that we suck. Meanwhile, we have 1 maybe 2 middle-of-the-road WRs that are open sometimes and a young, promising RB who we refuse to use as A F'IN RB. But hey...we got Gore so all is good

They are hoping he is a playmaker in the form of geno atkins and aaron donald. I agree we absolutely need a #1 type wr you can rely on to make the catch. I like Brown and he was a good pickup but he is not the 1a type guy who makes contested catches.

Is Lorax Big enough and tough enough to stop the middle, realize Star is a problem, but 2 outa three ain't bad?  Move the speed guys outside.  Agree this D 

misses Horrible Harry.

Edited by BearNorth

19 minutes ago, BigBobby said:

Heard of a guy named Aaron Donald?

1 hour ago, Billever76 said:

We need to commit our lbers and safeties in run support more often..we need a totally new base defense other than cover two....i hate that defense with a passion..teams have long since firgured it out

I think you will find the pass defense plummet in effectiveness if you are locked up in man coverage with a single high safety most of the time. They don't have the right DBs for that kind of scheme. Who is Wallace going to cover in man coverage all game?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

We have two 1 Tech run stuffers who can't stop the run. 

We have a MLB who lives in the wrong gap and when he is in the right gap gets knocked back 5 yards with contact.

And Micah Hyde had probably his worst game as a Bill. 

Meanwhile the pass rush on Wentz's first 20 dropbacks had 9 pressures, 3 hurries and a sack. Yes the pass rush tired as the game went on they were on the field too much. The first half and a bit Lawson, Phillips and Oliver were causing Wentz to throw out of rhythm. 

And that is just the defense. I will get to the offense later. 

Don't get to the offense it will just make you sick. 

• Haha (+1) 1