Middle of the Bills D

dorquemada

Is terrible.  This is several weeks in a row now where they've gotten gashed in the middle of the line.  Edmunds is consistently out of position or gets blown off the play.  What a disappointment.  Would he be better outside and get a more traditional run stopping linebacker in the middle?  Also, where the heck was Star all day?  They need help if they're going to contend for anything because Miami and Philly gave every remaining opponent a very simple plan on how to beat the 2019 Bills, and it's run up the middle until your RBs puke.

I'll tell you what i think and its probably going to get me flamed...Frazier is whats wrong..he constantly has our lbers drop too far from the los allowing for wide open cut backs in the middle of the field once the rb gets past the front 4...his soft approach to the cover 2 also drops our safeties back into two deep looks with no run support help....Frazier plays scared and his whole philosophy of play safe and then tighten in scoring range is flawed...it allows teams with good olines and running game to dictate the flow of the game and gasses our defense.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We have two 1 Tech run stuffers who can't stop the run. 

We have a MLB who lives in the wrong gap and when he is in the right gap gets knocked back 5 yards with contact.

And Micah Hyde had probably his worst game as a Bill. 

Meanwhile the pass rush on Wentz's first 20 dropbacks had 9 pressures, 3 hurries and a sack. Yes the pass rush tired as the game went on they were on the field too much. The first half and a bit Lawson, Phillips and Oliver were causing Wentz to throw out of rhythm. 

And that is just the defense. I will get to the offense later. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Our middle D was horrible again. Star is a waste. Our rookie DT is undersized however with a quality space eater next to him he could do a lot of damage penetrating. We don't seem to have a quality space eater. Tremain's reverted to his old ways and was guessing wrong a lot of the time. That coupled with a lack of a pass rush left our 3rd down defense exposed. This team is a lot of work to do because the blueprint on how to beat us is pretty well laid bare. We cannot rely on our offense to do much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

We have two 1 Tech run stuffers who can't stop the run. 

We have a MLB who lives in the wrong gap and when he is in the right gap gets knocked back 5 yards with contact.

And Micah Hyde had probably his worst game as a Bill. 

Meanwhile the pass rush on Wentz's first 20 dropbacks had 9 pressures, 3 hurries and a sack. Yes the pass rush tired as the game went on they were on the field too much. The first half and a bit Lawson, Phillips and Oliver were causing Wentz to throw out of rhythm. 

And that is just the defense. I will get to the offense later. 

Once game tape is available I would be interested to see which DT was the liability in run game, major concern now for the defense if they can’t play run downs