Kenyan drake trade to AZ reported (edited title)

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

It's also not the solution.   You watch someone like Sanders go 65 yards for a quick score and realize we dont have that on our offense.

They need help at all the skill positions on offense.    Gore is a nice story and probably adds a lot to the locker room but the Bills need guys who can turn a 5 yard play into a homerun and they dont have it right now.

Yes they do.  But they aren't putting Singletary on the field enough.

You want to make a trade that would hep immediately, see what the Bengals would want for Atkins

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You want to make a trade that would hep immediately, see what the Bengals would want for Atkins

Singletary played the most snaps of any runningback on the Bills yesterday.   Getting back to the ole ground and pound isnt going to solve anything.   They need dynamic playmakers who can help with the ball in their hand.   Singletary could very well be that, but Gore isnt.   Adding extra help in someone like Drake for a late round draft pick would be fine. 

The Bills need to come out of the dark ages and stop trying to win games with defense.   They need to be able to score.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Singletary played the most snaps of any runningback on the Bills yesterday.   Getting back to the ole ground and pound isnt going to solve anything.   They need dynamic playmakers who can help with the ball in their hand.   Singletary could very well be that, but Gore isnt.   Adding extra help in someone like Drake for a late round draft pick would be fine. 

The Bills need to come out of the dark ages and stop trying to win games with defense.   They need to be able to score.

Exactamente

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think Singletary will ever be a real no. 1 RB in the NFL.  Unfortunate for third round pick.  

19 minutes ago, Luka said:

Scary that Bills fans think a running back is somehow going to solve the issues on offense. We have two great running backs that we can't seem to get the ball to. Singletary 9 chances rushing and receiving combined. Allen? 8 carries. Until Daboll gets fired, we will continue to struggle on offense. I used to give him credit for Allen's progress but after yesterday, I'm thinking any progress Allen is making is in spite of him.

Daboll is really starting to show up as a liability imo. Every game this year he comes with these completely head-scratching play calls. Your starting QB has already had 1 concussion this year, and guys are clearly looking to go after him on defense, but you are calling 5 designed run plays with your QB? There is no creativity in the run game. I can't remember seeing the first rub route yesterday, the type the Pats use legally all the time, to help guys get open underneath. What the hell is Lee Smith still doing on the field? He doesn't use motion to help create space. Outside of John Brown the WR's aren't doing much of anything right. I have a feeling that Daboll is trying to be too complicated with the offense and is basically :censored: up the whole situation. The Eagles used a simplified format yesterday and put up 31 points on one of the better defenses in the league. You mean to tell me we can't do the same thing? You want to tell me it is because of Allen? It's not. It's because we have an arrogant OC who is trying to run an offense that worked at Alabama, where the QB has 5-7 seconds to throw the ball almost every snap, in the NFL. 

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

I have a feeling that Daboll is trying to be too complicated with the offense and is basically :censored: up the whole situation.

There was a screen pass yesterday where Allen faked two hand offs before getting the ball out and ended up spiking it in the dirt because there was just a huddle of Bills players to his right. Daboll's play design is horrendous. I think Allen knows it too. He's been getting good at throwing the ball away though. He's starting to recognize when a play is going to fail before the wide outs finish running their overly complex routes that never get them open.

• Like (+1) 1

A lot of people off of their Bi-polar meds or what?  It was not a pretty loss but it looked like the Eagles were extremely motivated and perhaps our Bills were a little mentally drunk from being 5-1.  Yes, we need additional personnel and a couple of players are perhaps starting to succumb to the aging process.  Most NFL players only have several productive years in them physically.  It's nice to pencil in everybody to have highly productive years into their mid-30's never mind 40 but it seldom happens.  Lets put away the torches and pitchforks for now as since NE is now 8-0 the script no doubt reads "NE wins SB again" in terms of the League offices.  Every team NE faces from here on out will have an inordinate amount of penalty yards at very opportune moments for NE.  The league no doubt has its fingers crossed for 19-0.  The bottomline is that this will not be our year so lets get through it and develop players like Allen, Ford, Foster, etc.  We've got an entire offseason to address the DL, WR, OL, etc. and that is when the selection is best.    

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

It's also not the solution.   You watch someone like Sanders go 65 yards for a quick score and realize we dont have that on our offense.

They need help at all the skill positions on offense.    Gore is a nice story and probably adds a lot to the locker room but the Bills need guys who can turn a 5 yard play into a homerun and they dont have it right now.

That's on our defense that let him break away.  We need a defensive guy who can stop the run.  Singletary is that guy that can break away, we just need to hand him the ball more.

32 minutes ago, nucci said:

Handing the ball to them is

That's on the play calling.  Not the RB himself

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Kenyan drake trade said to be imminent (edited title)
17 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

RB is a huge need, Yeldon is done. Gore is playing in the XFL next year and Singletary can't even beat out a 36 yo RB. RB is a huge need.

Nah. Gore's playing well, as is Singletary.

Yeah, they need someone in the offseason.

If they bring someone in at the trade deadline, I doubt it'll be an RB.

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nah. Gore's playing well, as is Singletary.

Yeah, they need someone in the offseason.

If they bring someone in at the trade deadline, I doubt it'll be an RB.

Agreed. 

At this point, if they are going to make an addition, it should be an impactful WR or DE. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

But they have Johnson who is only supposed to be out for 2 weeks and Edmunds who had a huge game last week. Plus they are not in a playoff position. Yet the Bills should be happy with a 35 year old Gore, a rookie 3rd rounder they don't want to give the ball to much, and Yeldon.....