Kenyan drake trade to AZ reported (edited title)

@MJS

"Being down" = sitting, as is this is the 2nd week Yeldon hasnt dressed. Hopefully that clears up your confusion;)

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

still say we should have kept Shady over Yeldon.

Agreed, but i also dont think it was as simple as simply saying it. If dude was going to pout about a lesser role then what can you do? He certianly wouldnt have been happy not dressing...

27 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Dude would be an upgrade to Yeldon.

Soft hands as Dabs loves using his RBs in the passing game, and YAC with some attitude.

Not the most pressing need, but an upgrade on depth.

There’s no fit for him here.  Gore and Singletary aren’t going anywhere.  

52 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

@MJS

"Being down" = sitting, as is this is the 2nd week Yeldon hasnt dressed. Hopefully that clears up your confusion;)

Agreed, but i also dont think it was as simple as simply saying it. If dude was going to pout about a lesser role then what can you do? He certianly wouldnt have been happy not dressing...

he would have gotten over it, i dont think he would have caused a problem and we could have used all the help we can get.

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

@MJS

Confused because people think that has something to do with a trade. Pretty clear why he's been inactive.

3 hours ago, GG said:

Running game won’t work until the QB is more consistent in throwing the ball intermediate or deep

Running game doesn’t work because every time Gore strolls onto the field there is a 90% chance we are gonna run the ball up the middle.

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 2

The defence isnt the problem here. In today's NFL you aren't going to win regularly by holding an opponent to under 20 points. You need to be able to score on offence and keep scoring. They have an offence that can be good enough to win them games that the offence can score in. This offence needs. To put points on the board throughout the game and keep the D from being pressured to having to be perfect all game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Confused because people think that has something to do with a trade. Pretty clear why he's been inactive.

The entire point of my post was stating a trade has NOTHING to do with why hes sitting.... so im confused why you labeled it confused if you agree with me...

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

he would have gotten over it, i dont think he would have caused a problem and we could have used all the help we can get.

Maybe... youd hope bc he seemed like a good guy and teammate but during Beane's interview when questioned if Lesean being cut had anything to do with a lighter load and not being 'the guy' Beane nervously chuckled, complemented the question, and then said they never approached him to ask but it was indeed a consideration so... who knows. To me he always seemed like a good teammate but liked his attention and it kinda made you wonder what would happen if he was denoted to second fiddle. Of course this is all speculation but they made the move and it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

The defence isnt the problem here. In today's NFL you aren't going to win regularly by holding an opponent to under 20 points. You need to be able to score on offence and keep scoring. They have an offence that can be good enough to win them games that the offence can score in. This offence needs. To put points on the board throughout the game and keep the D from being pressured to having to be perfect all game.

The patriots would beg to differ with you. Defense has been bad last two games, we are a liability up the middle. As you can probably tell.... grantee hanging 13 isn’t going to beat good offensive teams but Allen has to be better all around. Love the flash plays but my god is he dumb with his decision making. 

6 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

The entire point of my post was stating a trade has NOTHING to do with why hes sitting.... so im confused why you labeled it confused if you agree with me...

Maybe... youd hope bc he seemed like a good guy and teammate but during Beane's interview when questioned if Lesean being cut had anything to do with a lighter load and not being 'the guy' Beane nervously chuckled, complemented the question, and then said they never approached him to ask but it was indeed a consideration so... who knows. To me he always seemed like a good teammate but liked his attention and it kinda made you wonder what would happen if he was denoted to second fiddle. Of course this is all speculation but they made the move and it is what it is. 

Beanes responsibility is to have the best players on the team. McCoy didn't want to come here either but grew to love it, he may not have liked a reduced roll but at his age might not have minded. Its not like hes getting a ton of touches in KC either.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'd replace the o-coordinator before I looked into replacing the backs.

As far as Singletary goes, you have an awful lot of faith in the judgment of a coaching staff that has proven to have a poor eye for offensive talent. (Although I do like the additions of Brown and Beasley)

Singletary doesn't get nearly enough touches.  I don't fault HIM for that.

I agree. 

McBeane has been odd with their rb pecking order. They like older backs for some reason. Tolbert, ivory, gore.

I blame the coaches for using gore more than singletary. Also blame them for not running either of them more

I think the problem with the offense is more scheme, these weird QB option plays need to stop, it's killing this team. How about some screen passes to a  RB, TE or WR? How about setting up the pass by running more. I'm fine with Gore getting the majority of carries especially since Singletary just came back from injury but do something creative with him, maybe a pass back to QB, Flea flicker, try some different thing that will benefit Allen.  This play calling by Daboll has been very mediocre, I'd pound teams with a run game and get Allens confidence back out there, he's a turnover machine as of late, so much for game managing him.

Scary that Bills fans think a running back is somehow going to solve the issues on offense. We have two great running backs that we can't seem to get the ball to. Singletary 9 chances rushing and receiving combined. Allen? 8 carries. Until Daboll gets fired, we will continue to struggle on offense. I used to give him credit for Allen's progress but after yesterday, I'm thinking any progress Allen is making is in spite of him.

Edited by Luka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Why?  RB isn't the issue

It's also not the solution.   You watch someone like Sanders go 65 yards for a quick score and realize we dont have that on our offense.

They need help at all the skill positions on offense.    Gore is a nice story and probably adds a lot to the locker room but the Bills need guys who can turn a 5 yard play into a homerun and they dont have it right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1