Around the League week 8

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

49ers put 50 points up on Carolina 

Should the Bills send Carolina some help? ?

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No kidding I didn’t even realize Noodle Arm Schaub was still in the league 

I wonder if I can get that on a jersey nameplate.  Might have to two line it,  ala the Youngbloods.

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Pegulas reportedly didn’t like Shanahan’s personality when they interviewed him. Bills will probably never hit 51 under McD. Not saying I don’t want him as coach. Only saying how it’s interesting how things turn out one way or another. 

They will hit 51, it will just take them multiple games over a few weeks to do it.....

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Well, I think it’s pretty safe for the Browns to cancel any plans they had for a Super Bowl parade... lol 

And before Halloween, right on time as usual......

• Haha (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

DeShaun Watson is something else. And they've done a good job of maintaining a good team around him even if they have a few flaws he is good enough to take care of the rest.

He's also the only young QB i've seen absolutely gash Beli's defense to the point Beli knows not to ever draw up the Cover 0 blitz he uses so much on the likes of Sam Darnold the other night and Pat Mahomes last year. Will throw it deep, audible max protection, and hits his guy.

I love Tre'davious White. But we passed on DeShaun Watson AND Patrick Mahomes to trade down for White, which also allowed us room to trade up for Zay Jones. (Ouch)
I like Josh Allen. But Josh Allen is unlikely to ever hit the level of DeShaun Watson, and unlikelier still to hit the level of Patrick Mahomes. Having a shutdown corner is nice. Having an elite QB is a whole different thing.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I love Tre'davious White. But we passed on DeShaun Watson AND Patrick Mahomes to trade down for White, which also allowed us room to trade up for Zay Jones. (Ouch)
I like Josh Allen. But Josh Allen is unlikely to ever hit the level of DeShaun Watson, and unlikelier still to hit the level of Patrick Mahomes. Having a shutdown corner is nice. Having an elite QB is a whole different thing.

we did?

35 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

They did. Can’t change it though. I’d agree he probably doesn’t get to that level, but we’ll see. Not much fans can do in the meantime. 

There have been other dominant teams in the past, but I can't remember one of them making the league as predictable & boring as the Patriots.

They'll make the SB, and some NFC team will give them a fight, and then the season will end.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Success said:

There have been other dominant teams in the past, but I can't remember one of them making the league as predictable & boring as the Patriots.

They'll make the SB, and some NFC team will give them a fight, and then the season will end.

They suck the fun and excitement right out of the game. No matter how good/bad we do, there’s always a “yeah but” and wondering what they are doing. The gap never closes. This will be the third straight year I don’t watch the super bowl. I hate them. 

Edited by TheProcess

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

They suck the fun and excitement right out of the game. No matter how good/bad we do, there’s always a “yeah but” and wondering what they are doing. The gap never closes. This will be the third straight year I don’t watch the super bowl. I hate them. 

Fortunately it’s much closer to the end now ;it’s almost in sight. That’s really all NFL fans can hang their hat on right now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheProcess said:

It will be the 4th straight year for me.

I haven't watched a second of the last three SB's.

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

It will be the 4th straight year for me.

I haven't watched a second of the last three SB's.

Last one I watched was that disaster Pats and Falcons. I said after that game that I’d never watch another Pats Super Bowl. Haven’t watched one second of the last two. Been incredibly frustrating because I love the super bowl. They’ve ruined that for me, so the NCAA tournament has replaced the super bowl as top sporting event for me. 

14 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Big mistake passing him up. Doesn't matter how great Tre White is. QB changes everything. I’ll give them Mahomes because there were legit questions, but Watson is a winner. And this is coming from someone who likes Allen. Bills been overthinking things for years, including today’s offensive game plan. 

They were thinking?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

???

That, is a photo of a man having his heart ripped out and stomped on........

It's like watching your girlfriend seeing her ex and giving him a really thoughtful gift right in front of you.....

It reminds me of the Valentine's episode of the Simpsons when Ralph has a crush on Lisa and she breaks his heart on Krusty's show, then Bart's watching at home and puts it in slow motion "you can actually see the point where his heart breaks..."

Edited by apuszczalowski