Around the League week 8

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Pegulas reportedly didn’t like Shanahan’s personality when they interviewed him. 

This is true. They really did not like him at all. But then they hired Rex.... soooooo....  

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah Rex was on Terry. 

Oh I don’t disagree. His team all the way, so it’s all on him. But I do recall a certain someone telling Terry to “not let him leave the building”. 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2016/12/can_the_pegulas_trust_doug_whaley_and_russ_brandon_to_help_hire_bills_next_coach.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Oh I don’t disagree. His team all the way, so it’s all on him. But I do recall a certain someone telling Terry to “not let him leave the building”. 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2016/12/can_the_pegulas_trust_doug_whaley_and_russ_brandon_to_help_hire_bills_next_coach.html

That was AFTER Terry had decided Rex was the guy. It is so often misquoted. They decided Rex was the guy and Russ said "if he is your guy don't let him out of the building." 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That was AFTER Terry had decided Rex was the guy. It is so often misquoted. They decided Rex was the guy and Russ said "if he is your guy don't let him out of the building." 

Seriously, why are people still pretending like Russ forced Rex on Pegula?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe so. I wasn’t in the room. But I think we can both agree that there is enough for both of us to b$&@ about today without Russ and Rex. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chill said:

Texans on our heels.  We better improve. Fast!!

Houston got some real home cooking on some penalty calls in the 4th Qtr and non-calls that should've gone against them!   The Raiders should have won that game on their final drive.  Dumb refs.

Just now, zow2 said:

Houston got some real home cooking on some penalty calls in the 4th Qtr and non-calls that should've gone against them!   The Raiders should have won that game on their final drive.  Dumb refs.

The script was obvious. Texans win. 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Seriously, why are people still pretending like Russ forced Rex on Pegula?

No one is saying Russ forced him on Terry. Terry is a wealthy and powerful businessman who is no dummy. It’s his team and the buck stops with him. But it’s well documented he leaned heavily on Russ and other more established owners during his first few years as he learned the ropes. 

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I believe that the Texans will ultimately win their division.

DeShaun Watson is something else. And they've done a good job of maintaining a good team around him even if they have a few flaws he is good enough to take care of the rest.

He's also the only young QB i've seen absolutely gash Beli's defense to the point Beli knows not to ever draw up the Cover 0 blitz he uses so much on the likes of Sam Darnold the other night and Pat Mahomes last year. Will throw it deep, audible max protection, and hits his guy.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P