Gameday Thread Eagles @Bills 2nd Half

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure he is ready to be a high volume guy. I have said this from the start. It is why you don't cut Shady. 

but there’s such a big different between high volume and basically not being used. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Overcome!

Overcome the stupidity of your OC....Hey Brian, if you're going to call so many designed runs for your qb, you might want to teach him how to secure the ball in traffic. All we needed was 2 frickin yards. Call a hook to Beasley or Smoke. No Dabnuts goes to his favorite play. 17 run.

Just now, clayboy54 said:

If Dabol goes, Josh is forced to learn a new system. Not a great proposition at this stage of his career.

It would be nice if Daboll's brain damage healed up and he started calling games more like he did last season. The offense was bad last season, but it was bad because they had crap players. It's bad this season because the offensive strategy has been mind boggling.

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Folks saying Allen should keep the handle - I get it, but that just is not a smart call deep in your own zone when you have Gore and Singletary who are paid to secure and run the ball. Also , Daboll has to consider the front that the Eagles are showing and the field conditions which are wet.

I am not the only person questioning all the designed QB runs. 

He preaches "smart football" to Allen and not putting the defense in a bad position - he needs to do some self-scouting on his play calling.

Epically dumb play call. Dabol needs to get his you know what together asap.

• Like (+1) 1

The first half ends with the usual Bills fan frustration...poor running, mediocre play calling, no deep passing game, silly turnover, few points. Well at least we seem to be a 2nd half team. It’s all about making a statement on that opening Eagles drive and the subsequent first possession of ours! 

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Folks saying Allen should keep the handle - I get it, but that just is not a smart call deep in your own zone when you have Gore and Singletary who are paid to secure and run the ball. Also , Daboll has to consider the front that the Eagles are showing and the field conditions which are wet.

I am not the only person questioning all the designed QB runs. 

He preaches "smart football" to Allen and not putting the defense in a bad position - he needs to do some self-scouting on his play calling.

Yep. Allen needs to better handle the ball (he's much more secure with it on scrambles instead of designed runs) but he shouldn't be put in that situation at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Nothing wrong with the call. Just hold onto the dam ball. And maybe have the highest paid center in NFL not look like a bottom 5 guy

Morse and Allen both have to do better. Morse in particular. He has totally underwhelmed so far. 

• Like (+1) 1