Tre White - a keeper

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Buffalo's former CB Stephon Gilmore, now with the Patriots, is arguably the best DB in the game. In my opinion TW isn't as good as Gilmore but he is in the same elite echelon. Where I would give Tre the advantage is his ability to tackle. Gilmore is less willing to mix it up. As good as Gilmore is Tre White is more suited to a McDermott defense because he is more willing to come up and make a tackle. Gilmore was inclined to shy away from that form of physicality. 

There are some nice people (NYC Bill) who don't value the DB position as much as they should. When you have an elite CB you have a prized possession. They also can be costly. 

I agree with all of this. Tre made the Gilmore loss okay. If Gilmore is 1, Tre is somewhere in the top 5. He’s a great, great football player (and character).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Tre will likely have to be Beanes first big contract signing.

I think he has to take care of Poyer, Phillips and Milano before getting to Tre.   Tre will be the mega contract while the others will have the huge contract

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

You're speaking to a pretty unanimous choir here.

This franchise has a history of letting top Cornerbacks walk in Free Agency.

Time to break that trend.

Stephon Gilmore is the most recent.  Longtime fans also  remember Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield, etc.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree with all of this. Tre made the Gilmore loss okay. If Gilmore is 1, Tre is somewhere in the top 5. He’s a great, great football player (and character).

If Tre is a top 5 and Gilmore is # 1 which other 3 DB’s you’d rather have instead Tre ? 

I think Lattimore maybe ahead of Tre but that’s about IT ( IMO )

Edited by Putin

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Buffalo's former CB Stephon Gilmore, now with the Patriots, is arguably the best DB in the game. In my opinion TW isn't as good as Gilmore but he is in the same elite echelon. Where I would give Tre the advantage is his ability to tackle. Gilmore is less willing to mix it up. As good as Gilmore is Tre White is more suited to a McDermott defense because he is more willing to come up and make a tackle. Gilmore was inclined to shy away from that form of physicality. 

There are some nice people (NYC Bill) who don't value the DB position as much as they should. When you have an elite CB you have a prized possession. They also can be costly. 

I honestly don't understand the love Gilmore gets. The guy held left and right when he played for us. Watching him play for the Pats I swear he still does it and just doesn't get called often. Idk, I just don't see him as the clear best CB but maybe I'm just delusional. I hands down take Tre with zero hesitation.

8 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I honestly don't understand the love Gilmore gets. The guy held left and right when he played for us. Watching him play for the Pats I swear he still does it and just doesn't get called often. Idk, I just don't see him as the clear best CB but maybe I'm just delusional. I hands down take Tre with zero hesitation.

Every CB grabs including Tre. The rules hardly allow for any physicality but there is usually bumping and grabbing over 5 yards downfield

Idk who couldn't see how could Gilmore was while playing on an island. He was routinely shutting down WRs for years

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Belichick is one of the best coaches in the history of the game with a specialty on defense. There was a reason why he signed him for a very large contract. What you don't see is obvious to most people who have a reasonable degree of objectivity. Not only did Belichick recognize his talent but so did Buffalo because they used a top of the draft pick for him. 

1 hour ago, Putin said:

If Tre is a top 5 and Gilmore is # 1 which other 3 DB’s you’d rather have instead Tre ? 

I think Lattimore maybe ahead of Tre but that’s about IT ( IMO )

There are a few that are good. Pat Pete is still good. Ramsey is an idiot but elite. Lattimore and Humphrey are really good players. There are a bunch in the mix (including Tre).

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are a few that are good. Pat Pete is still good. Ramsey is an idiot but elite. Lattimore and Humphrey are really good players. There are a bunch in the mix (including Tre).

Hayward. Slay. I listed my top 10 on here last weekend. I have Tre right around 5 or 6. I think if you are just judging on 2019 though then it is him, Lattimore and Gilmore as a top 3 (probably in thw reverse order to that list). 

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Darby better than White lmao

Yea that is comical. 

1 hour ago, Chill said:

On at least two separate occasions today after he was beat, refused to hit the ball carrier. 

Tre is good. Darby and Gilmore were and are better. 

History suggests we let him walk. 

Gilmore yes, Darby no. Do you know how many picks White would have if he played on a d  that got pressure on a QB regularly?