Comments About Certain Teams As Of 10/27/19

Bill from NYC

1) Oklahoma:

Exposed. 48 points given up to a so-so team? This conference is a joke. Oklahoma doesn't play anybody good and this includes Texas, an inferior team to Texas A&M. If Ohio State didn't make the playoffs after giving up huge points to a nobody, why should Oklahoma get in? Hurts is a good kid and he went through hell getting benched but Saban chose the right quarterback. Jalen looks great on the Sooners but the team is an imposter.  Again, they don't play any top teams.

2) Penn State:

They look strong and balanced. They have more to prove but I am not seeing anything that I don't like. I am going to pay more attention to them.

3) Notre Dame:

Not enough info. I don't think that they belong in the playoffs under any conditions,  but they lost to a good Georgia team and an ugly road game in horrible conditions. They don't seem to be elite just yet.

4) Alabama: 

Good looking team with many questions. Best receivers I have ever in my life seen on a college team. Their biggest challenges were South Carolina and Texas A&M on the road and they played well. Too many freshmen on defense. Schedule from here on is brutal. The score last night didn't totally reflect the game. Arkansas made many mental errors and Bama capitalized on them. That is what Saban does but will the good teams coming up make mistakes? The Tide can win but it will be a long, grueling road and is FAR from certain.

5) Ohio State

At this point, I think that Ohio State deserves to be#1. I don't watch them all that much but I don't see and weak spots. I would like to see more of their quarterback but again, this appears to be a extremely talented and well balanced team.

6) Wisconsin:

Exposed. They had a nice run but failed to show up for 2 straight weeks. The team is good, but not elite. I love their style of football too but they were just overmatched vs. Ohio State.

7) LSU:

They look tough. The QB is better than I thought. He took some very hard hits last night and got right up. Delpit looks like a great player at safety, probably the best db in the country and their DL line is big and strong. If they can beat Alabama on the road they deserve the #1 spot imo.

8 Clemson: 

They look like solved some problems but they just don't play anybody. That is great in terms of decreasing the chance of injuries. Dabo admits to playing almost his entire team every week. The thing is, he can because of his weak opponents. It isn't fair but that's the way it is. They are very well situated to go far in the weeks ahead imo.

Note: As always, the above are just my thoughts, opinions, and comments. They are not intended to be taken as all knowing proclamations. :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

Ohio state can get better with their pass pro (best RT was hurt last 2 weeks and LT was hurt last week so depth has been tested) and QB depth is a major concern. Otherwise they are a very complete, talented and deep team that is playing with purpose.  Fields is still very inexperienced but very talented and the threat of his legs opens up a ton. His numbers thus far are pretty impressive but important to remember that he’s only started 8 games. I was surprised to see how good of a passer he has been given some of the concerns in spring ball but I think the talent he has at WR and the QB coach Ryan Day at the helm has been a huge benefit to Fields. 

Your wrong about the ##1 team should be Ohio St.  LSU should be the clear cut #1 team right.  Noone has had a tougher schedule then them with A&M, Texas, Florida, Auburn.  

Alabama hasn't played anybody yet but I tend to agree with you this maybe Saban's most dangerous offense he has had since coaching there.  Their defense scares me a bit because they are so young.  Look for the LSU/Bama to be a high scorer, I am going to throw some money on the over.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.