Josh Allen fined for throwing ball into stands

YoloinOhio

Looks like the fine is standard for the first offense, if he does it again, it will double!  Lame...

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/nfl-rules-enforcement/fines-appeals/

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Where does the NFL fine money go?  Anyone know?

Looks like fines go to programs for former players.

The fines collected do not go to the NFL, but instead go to programs for former players. The Players Association and the league have agreed to donate fine money through the NFL Foundation to the NFL Player Care Foundation and the Gene Upshaw Players Association’s Players Assistance Trust."

Edited by One Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Surprised the NFL didn't send in security to retrieve that ball.

Also, let me get this straight ... JA was fined over 7K for throwing a ball into the stands yet the patriot player who hit him in the face with the crown of his helmet was fined $0, NADA, NOTHING.

Seems about right for the Goodell run NFL.

That’s what I said when the article came out about the fan that caught it.

• Like (+1) 1

There’s only so many approved balls. We’ve all seen the scrutiny surrounding the approved balls.

If there was no fine or only $100 players would be tossing them in the stands constantly or giving to friends, family etc. Josh even mentioned in an interview it could cost like $10-15k....

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

No he wasn't.  He actually pulled back and said he threw it to the crowd that was cheering the best.

I think the fine for throwing it out of the stadium is 10k. He said he asked around.

Well, that's what he SAID.  But given that he hesitated and looked off to his PR handler, then cracked a little grin when he said it, um...

....I think he was trying to throw it out of the stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, kota said:

They have heavy fines because they only have a certain amount of footballs per game and you cannot have every player throwing them into the stands.

Especially the ‘special’ ones Mr. Brady uses.  HEY YOU!  Keep away from that  table of footballs!  Those are for Mr. Brady!  ?

Regular players flip balls into the stands all the time. Josh is not regular, for him that was just a flip.

But seriously, wouldn’t you stay behind late one day and see if you CAN jack it out of the stadium? 

For those who complain about his accuracy, he had the entire planet to hit. All Of Earth! There was only one little speck to miss, New Era Field.....and he missed the rest of the planet! I’m deeply concerned going forward.