I love going home.

17 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Gabriel’s Gate was packed tonight. Had to abort. Still ended up with good chow through! 

One thing I’ve learned the hard way over the last few trips back is the places I REALLY want to hit, I have to do at slightly off hours. I’ve been stymied at a few key places like you were. If I go silly early or late I can probably get my craving satisfied. I’m not big on LOOOONG lines. I hope to pull this off next year if age and wisdom actually go hand in hand. 

Hope the alternative was awesome and have a GREAT time! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

One thing I’ve learned the hard way over the last few trips back is the places I REALLY want to hit, I have to do at slightly off hours. I’ve been stymied at a few key places like you were. If I go silly early or late I can probably get my craving satisfied. I’m not big on LOOOONG lines. I hope to pull this off next year if age and wisdom actually go hand in hand. 

Hope the alternative was awesome and have a GREAT time! 

Yup.  I also hate feeling like a "tourist" in my home stomping grounds... Hate doing the "exiled thing."

I am a dead giveaway when I am checking out 36 bottles of Weber's mustard at Top's.  I throw the cashier off and use my Brother's phone number.  Used to be Bison dip too.  But, we can get Helluva here... Just as good. 

LoL... 

20 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

After looking at the:  hotel tax, meal tax, car rental tax, gas price, etc.,  I love it too but quickly remember why I don't live there anymore.  And despite all that, I do get to Chef's at least a couple of times.

Buffalo is pretty reasonable.  Where do you live now?

• Like (+1) 1

Had santoras last night. Excellent wings and pizza.

15 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm assuming you dont have any dinner plans with Ed Oliver. 

You assume correctly sir.

14 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Joe the jinx.      Always trashing the eagles too ??

With good reason. That was an eminently winnable game.

11 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

The game is secondary to we out of towners.  A win is icing on the cake, but being back amid the friends/sights/sounds/food/tailgates is what it's all about.

Right? I've eaten better the past two days than I have in months

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

The game is secondary to we out of towners.  A win is icing on the cake, but being back amid the friends/sights/sounds/food/tailgates is what it's all about.

*us out of towners.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Right? I've eaten better the past two days than I have in months

I'm telling your girlfriend you said that.

• Haha (+1) 1