The Mandalorian Season 2 - official trailer [ed title]

Fixxxer

47 minutes ago, UConn James said:

For those who’ve watched.... MAJOR spoiler in link.

https://twitter.com/ActionJaxxon84/status/1340009887988817920?s=20

So ***** great.

15 hours ago, UConn James said:

S2 finale....

Just.

WOW!

This series has only gotten better and better with every episode.

Not the smartest show on TV, but it's a lot of fun.

For season 3, I'd love to see a more consistent throughline. Too much of this season was spent promoting spinoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve bitched and complained at times about this show — the wooden dialogue, the lack of character development — but the finale was pretty f’n cool.

I fanboy’d out pretty hard there at the end. Good stuff.

Here’s hoping season three builds off this momentum.

With the ending’s cameo, this went from an awesome side story about Mandalore to a very important part of the Star Wars canon for a major character that a lot of fans have felt cheated out of.

SPOILER because I’m just talk straightforward here....

Hoping Luke after ROTJ and before the flashbacks revealed in TLJ gets some kind of series to show more of the story. Essentially we go from Luke going all badass and unstoppable — the light-side version of his father’s badassery at the end of Rogue One — to being crushed (literally & figuratively) by his effort to rebuild the Jedi order and drinking green milk from an alien teat in exile and completely cut off from the Force.

We need that story filled in more. Whether that comes through a live-action series like they’re doing with Kenobi and the just-revealed Boba Fett, with another actor (Sebastian Stan has been the fan-cast one and some rumors swirling and he does look *amazingly* like a young Mark Hamil) or a toon version like The Clone Wars series, then whatever. I just want to see that story. Also... I cannot see Disney just dropping their Baby Yoda cash cow. Going with Luke begs the question whether Grogu gets killed by Ben Solo / Kylo Ren in his temple destruction. That needs to be answered. 

Lucas robbed viewers by focusing on the prequels and not also moving the story forward while Hamil was younger.

As for where The Mandalorian goes from here, Gideon is right. Bo Kataan and Din Djarin are in a pickle. Mandalore code is firm that the Darksaber (and symbolic rule over Mandalore) has to won *in combat* from its possessor, otherwise it’s illegitimate in their warrior culture. And it can’t be staged or choreographed for show; it has to be a REAL fight and the passing of the saber usually ends with death. But then again... at the end of Rebels, Sabine Wren just gives it Bo Kataan after winning it from Darth Maul (without killing him) and this is seemingly allowed. So...? It’s hard to say where that leaves us.

Din won it unintentionally and does not care what it means. He was only fighting for Grogu. It kind of sets him up as the reluctant leader stereotype. Can Din Djarin, a Child of the Watch (Death Watch sect/cult) who has never even been on the planet... unite what remains of Mandalore? Does The Armorer have influence with him? Are his changing ideals e.g. removing his helmet in front of others mean he is leaving Death Watch behind or can he change its beliefs? AND... Does Bo fight Din? Will she try it? I mean... she is PISSED that Gideon wasn’t left for her. But. How could she ever win against Din when he has the Darksabre (and the Beskar spear) and would be fighting with it?

There are some who expect a flash forward at the start of S3, but I’m having a hard time seeing how that can happen. Din Djarin is without a ship, traveling on an Imperial light cruiser without a crew, and Cara Dune as his only ally? But Fennec Shand is on the ship and is shown in the post-credits scene with Boba taking over Jabba’s old palace & ostensibly his underworld racket. She was only with Din to keep the oath of recovering Grogu/Baby Yoda and that is now done, and she obviously gets off the ship. Hmm.

Can’t wait to see what Dave Filoni & Jon Favreau have in store and they HAVE to be put in charge of the future of Lucasfilm and repair what Kathleen Kennedy & Rian Johnson & JJ (I don’t entirely blame him as TLJ wasn’t his doing and he tried his best to salvage in Ep 9) did to the franchise.

Sorry for the novella and all of the parentheses here, but I’m just thinking as I type.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, UConn James said:

With the ending’s cameo, this went from an awesome side story about Mandalore to a very important part of the Star Wars canon for a major character that a lot of fans have felt cheated out of.

I assume they're going to get another actor for Luke and continue that story separately from the Mandalorian. It makes too much sense and there's too much money on the line.

I think Din will keep the Dark Sabre and Bo Katan will come to terms with it. She was willing to let Sabine keep it, too. Din will ultimately reunite Death Watch and Nite Owls.

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

They’ve previously announced it’s coming in December next year.

Yep, and I thought I heard they already started shooting.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Is there going to be a Season 3?  I looked on Wikipedia and it talked only about off-shoots.

saw something about 3 being filmed 

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/mandalorian-season-3-theory-space-politics/amp

and 

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/amp35013423/the-mandalorian-season-3/

The slightly bad news is that The MandalorianSeason Three will return slightly later than normal, with Disney confirming that the release date is Christmas 2021. That's all we know so far.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, UConn James said:

Hoping Luke after ROTJ and before the flashbacks revealed in TLJ gets some kind of series to show more of the story. Essentially we go from Luke going all badass and unstoppable — the light-side version of his father’s badassery at the end of Rogue One — to being crushed (literally & figuratively) by his effort to rebuild the Jedi order and drinking green milk from an alien teat in exile and completely cut off from the Force.

We need that story filled in more. Whether that comes through a live-action series like they’re doing with Kenobi and the just-revealed Boba Fett, with another actor (Sebastian Stan has been the fan-cast one and some rumors swirling and he does look *amazingly* like a young Mark Hamil) or a toon version like The Clone Wars series, then whatever. I just want to see that story. Also... I cannot see Disney just dropping their Baby Yoda cash cow. Going with Luke begs the question whether Grogu gets killed by Ben Solo / Kylo Ren in his temple destruction. That needs to be answered. 

Lucas robbed viewers by focusing on the prequels and not also moving the story forward while Hamil was younger.

As for where The Mandalorian goes from here, Gideon is right. Bo Kataan and Din Djarin are in a pickle. Mandalore code is firm that the Darksaber (and symbolic rule over Mandalore) has to won *in combat* from its possessor, otherwise it’s illegitimate in their warrior culture. And it can’t be staged or choreographed for show; it has to be a REAL fight and the passing of the saber usually ends with death. But then again... at the end of Rebels, Sabine Wren just gives it Bo Kataan after winning it from Darth Maul (without killing him) and this is seemingly allowed. So...? It’s hard to say where that leaves us.

Din won it unintentionally and does not care what it means. He was only fighting for Grogu. It kind of sets him up as the reluctant leader stereotype. Can Din Djarin, a Child of the Watch (Death Watch sect/cult) who has never even been on the planet... unite what remains of Mandalore? Does The Armorer have influence with him? Are his changing ideals e.g. removing his helmet in front of others mean he is leaving Death Watch behind or can he change its beliefs? AND... Does Bo fight Din? Will she try it? I mean... she is PISSED that Gideon wasn’t left for her. But. How could she ever win against Din when he has the Darksabre (and the Beskar spear) and would be fighting with it?

There are some who expect a flash forward at the start of S3, but I’m having a hard time seeing how that can happen. Din Djarin is without a ship, traveling on an Imperial light cruiser without a crew, and Cara Dune as his only ally? But Fennec Shand is on the ship and is shown in the post-credits scene with Boba taking over Jabba’s old palace & ostensibly his underworld racket. She was only with Din to keep the oath of recovering Grogu/Baby Yoda and that is now done, and she obviously gets off the ship. Hmm.

Can’t wait to see what Dave Filoni & Jon Favreau have in store and they HAVE to be put in charge of the future of Lucasfilm and repair what Kathleen Kennedy & Rian Johnson & JJ (I don’t entirely blame him as TLJ wasn’t his doing and he tried his best to salvage in Ep 9) did to the franchise.

Sorry for the novella and all of the parentheses here, but I’m just thinking as I type.

The other obvious exception to this is the one from the finale itself. Moff is obviously still alive and the saber is now Din's (he clearly beat him in battle but didn't kill him or even hurt him) so theoretically Bo could do the same to Din.

I agree it does seemingly set Din up as a reluctant leader, and with his quest to reunite Grogu with the Jedi now complete, there isn't really an obvious quest for him at this point so maybe this is where the show is pivoting to.

There are reports that a Luke Skywalker series is in development. And that it will likely be a recasting, as the CGI for de-aging is expensive & time-consuming, and also not currently at a great production value. Apparently, Mark Hamil has given his blessing. Sebastian Stan’s name is still floating out there, and after Rosario Dawson’s fan-casting it seems like Filoni & co. do listen to the fans.

https://fandomwire.com/luke-skywalker-series-in-development-at-disney-exclusive/

Edited by UConn James

45 minutes ago, UConn James said:

There are reports that a Luke Skywalker series is in development. And that it will likely be a recasting, as the CGI for de-aging is expensive & time-consuming, and also not currently at a great production value. Sebastian Stan’s name is still floating out there, and after Rosario Dawson’s fan-casting it seems like Filoni & co. do listen to the fans.

https://fandomwire.com/luke-skywalker-series-in-development-at-disney-exclusive/

I wouldn't complain. There are a ton of actors they could use though, who would probably come cheaper. It's not like Luke's look is unique.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.