The Mandalorian Season 2 - official trailer [ed title]

Fixxxer

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

New commercial...

i am so pumped for this.  i've also been watching all of the simpson's tree house of horrors too.  they have them sectioned off nicely.  disney plus this month is well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What do folks here think of the Razor Crest?

Good design?  Bad?  Don't care?  I find it underwhelming.   

max-degtyarev-rcanons-noshadow-pic08d.jp

It's all about practicality and no flare. It doesn't excite me the way the Falcon or Slave 1 did. I wonder who has Slave 1 at this point....

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It is an old ship as we know from the first season. Doesn't have the bells and whistles those rich guy ships can afford. It does the job, carries the bounty "Dead or alive"

If you actually read those things they are amazing. "The Ghost" is a really good one to have.

Edited by TBBills

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's all about practicality and no flare. It doesn't excite me the way the Falcon or Slave 1 did. I wonder who has Slave 1 at this point....

13 hours ago, TBBills said:

It is an old ship as we know from the first season. Doesn't have the bells and whistles those rich guy ships can afford. It does the job, carries the bounty "Dead or alive"

If you actually read those things they are amazing. "The Ghost" is a really good one to have.

Since you both commented, I'm curious what each of your all time favorite Star Wars vehicles are.

1 for "good guys" and 1 for "bad guys".

On 11/1/2020 at 11:44 AM, LeGOATski said:

They're the 2 I mentioned. 

I think those come in 1 and 2 for many Star Wars fans.

I think traditionally I would say my favorite good guy thing is an X-wing fighter, and my favorite bad guy thing would be a Star Destroyer.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think those come in 1 and 2 for many Star Wars fans.

I think traditionally I would say my favorite good guy thing is an X-wing fighter, and my favorite bad guy thing would be a Star Destroyer.

I think the X-wing has seen a resurgence with younger fans too, after Poe's high-flying feats.

They've also seen some nice action in The Mandalorian. I can't wait to see the Razorcrest get bodied by them (assuming its them from the preview.)

Also, the Ghost from Rebels is quite popular with the younger crowd, although my feelings of it are are similar to my feelings for the Razorcrest...kinda meh...

If I had to pick 3rd one, it would be the A-wing. Very cool, capable fighter, the design for which was inspired by the F-14 Tomcat, I think.

On 10/31/2020 at 5:17 PM, Nextmanup said:

I prefer the Slave 1!

On 11/1/2020 at 9:16 AM, Nextmanup said:

Since you both commented, I'm curious what each of your all time favorite Star Wars vehicles are.

1 for "good guys" and 1 for "bad guys".

My favorite is Jabba's Barge and then Slave 1

• 4 weeks later...

The second season has been great so far. But wow. Episode 5 “The Jedi”. A favorite character of many makes her first live-action appearance and we learn more about BY.

Just about the only thing I was a bit disappointed by was that Asokha’s pointed ‘hair?’ was not nearly as big — more like mosquito bite bumps here — as shown in the other series and the Black Series figure. Maybe they couldn’t make it work. Otherwise exceptional and is the slam-dunk showing why Dave Filoni needs to run Star Wars after Kathleen Kennedy leaves early next year. 

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

“Grogu”, lawl!!!

It's a struggle to say...

Like 'Greggo'...

2 hours ago, UConn James said:

The second season has been great so far. But wow. Episode 5 “The Jedi”. A favorite character of many makes her first live-action appearance and we learn more about BY.

Just about the only thing I was a bit disappointed by was that Asokha’s pointed ‘hair?’ was not nearly as big — more like mosquito bite bumps here — as shown in the other series and the Black Series figure. Maybe they couldn’t make it work. Otherwise exceptional and is the slam-dunk showing why Dave Filoni needs to run Star Wars after Kathleen Kennedy leaves early next year. 

They said they played around with CGI for her "montrals" but I guess it wasn't working.

On 11/28/2020 at 2:28 PM, LeGOATski said:

It's a struggle to say...

Like 'Greggo'...

They said they played around with CGI for her "montrals" but I guess it wasn't working.

I thought her lightsabers looked like fluorescent light bulb tubes.

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

I thought her lightsabers looked like fluorescent light bulb tubes.

they probably were...

Probably not, but they are mixing in plenty of practical effects. I saw an IG post commending the show on how Moff Gideon's ship looked like a miniature model. I'm like "yeah...because it is a miniature model."

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.