The lose-lose media narrative vs Eagles

18 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

The criticism right now is fair.  Let's face it, the Bills offense is a player short of being considered a contender. They only have scored 121 points and that isn't going to get you very far, no matter how good your defense is. That is 20.2 points per game. You are not beating good teams with this offense.

See assessment of this:

3 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i've got a feeling dabol is going to look to take a lot more deeper shots. if we can get good yards on 1st down, we can gamble. this could be one of those games where we make a statement on offense....(see also vs. minn. 2018)

Hope your right! Go Buffalo!

4 hours ago, RevWarRifleman said:

The offense is still gelling, as with our still-wet-behind-the ears QB. 

Better gel faster and dry behind the ears! Wk 8. 

• Like (+1) 1

media likes to stick to their pre conceived notions  Eagles were supposed to be a super bowl contender  Bills were supposed to be a bottom dweller.  Who cares lets take care of business  & kick the Eagles butts on Sunday ,  Eagles defense is bottom 5 this year in points allowed  Its going to be loud as hell and i expect the Eagles to sputter on offense and get gashed on defense

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What's more, a QB who is not on your team, and on IR thus not playing for the team that he's on, either

Dude.  New Era.  20 mph winds.  They get in there and swirl.

That's a plan where you lose your hat  - and any plan where you lose your hat is a Bad Plan

i don't expect them to hit 20. too much made about the weather. it's gonna clear out by game time.

sure it might suck for haucska (sp?),  but i'm confident josh can throw 20 easily.

2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

media likes to stick to their pre conceived notions  Eagles were supposed to be a super bowl contender  Bills were supposed to be a bottom dweller.  Who cares lets take care of business  & kick the Eagles butts on Sunday ,  Eagles defense is bottom 5 this year in points allowed  Its going to be loud as hell and i expect the Eagles to sputter on offense and get gashed on defense

drops mic.....

3 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I don’t buy into the “desperation” of needing a win being much of a factor in the outcome of the game, or any professional sports game for that matter... 

Buffalo has been desperate for wins the majority of the last 20 years, hasn’t really seemed to make much of a difference then.

Urgency and your "season being on the line" can be a real thing. But I do agree that it is overblown. Mostly how "Sharp" a team plays is mostly on the coaching staff. 

30 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Urgency and your "season being on the line" can be a real thing. But I do agree that it is overblown. Mostly how "Sharp" a team plays is mostly on the coaching staff. 

Strategy, game plan etc is on the coaches. Execution is entirely up to the players. 

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Strategy, game plan etc is on the coaches. Execution is entirely up to the players. 

This is not actually true.  Plays need to be designed and called the fit the players abilities to execute.  Simple example  the QB sweep is a very good play for the Bills, not a very good play for the Patriots.  If the Patriots call that and it fails because Brady is slow, its not really Brady's fault.  This is a simple example, but it actually applies to all 11 players on the field on every single play. 

2 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

This is not actually true.  Plays need to be designed and called the fit the players abilities to execute.  Simple example  the QB sweep is a very good play for the Bills, not a very good play for the Patriots.  If the Patriots call that and it fails because Brady is slow, its not really Brady's fault.  This is a simple example, but it actually applies to all 11 players on the field on every single play. 

What you described is all part of strategy and game plan. Some plays also are good vs one team, but not so good vs another. I’ve never seen a coach execute a block or catch a pass on the field during an NFL game. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

What you described is all part of strategy and game plan. Some plays also are good vs one team, but not so good vs another. I’ve never seen a coach execute a block or catch a pass on the field during an NFL game. 

Well you either don't understand the point, or are just simply wrong. Its not clear. 

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

Well you either don't understand the point, or are just simply wrong. Its not clear. 

Nope, neither. Coaches coach, and players play.The point was  a poster stated that how sharp a team plays is mostly on the coaches. I said It isn’t. Can’t be more obvious. 

On 10/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, RiotAct said:

Philly is the 4th largest?   Really?

I would think that is:

1.NYC

2.L.A.

3. Chicago 

4. Dallas/Fort Worth

5. Bay Area California 

I’m way too lazy to look it up right now though..

On 10/25/2019 at 4:34 PM, benderbender said:

Based on what I’ve heard from the usual suspects of sports talking heads, the spin has already begun for two possible outcomes on Sunday. Either the Eagles snap out of their funk against outclassed Buffalo pretenders.....

I just have a hard time seeing the reasoning of so many rolling with a team on a two game losing streak, on the road, in a hostile environment. I’m hoping for a convincing Bills win if only to see the talking heads stammer their way around it next week. 

Sadly, they were right and you were wrong.